Sign in to follow this  
PSC

New addon: an ultralight trike

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ July 20 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the nice words, but let me comment the critics. Actually I've never flown such an ultralight plane. So my experience regarding flight behaviour ain't too big. But when I was fifteen I did some soar in some other glider planes as a hobby. I might be wrong, but I imagine that these UL planes are just not made for acrobatic flying as on an airshow. To fly an ultralight like this is a very sedative way of flying I imagine.<span id='postcolor'>

Well it might not be able to make rolls and such. And that not what people are asking for. But when it takes almost the whole of desert island to do a 180 turn theres something wrong.

Once saw a program on the discovery channel about someone escaping from east berlin to west berlin in ultralight trikes and they did some pretty sharp turn when the where following the roads bellow.

I'm using a Sidewinder 3d pro joystick with throttle and rudder, and i don't have any problems with the handling. It can turn fast, i don't know why do you need a few km to turn 180 degrees, dkraver confused.gif

Evis, you have trouble landing!?? The thing is so stable it can almost land alone if you eject! just cut the engine and wait for the thing to go down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ July 20 2002,15:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm using a Sidewinder 3d pro joystick with throttle and rudder, and i don't have any problems with the handling. It can turn fast, i don't know why do you need a few km to turn 180 degrees, dkraver confused.gif

Evis, you have trouble landing!?? The thing is so stable it can almost land alone if you eject! just cut the engine and wait for the thing to go down.<span id='postcolor'>

Must be because we dont use joystick

well the thing is i can get to about 2 feet off of the ground with no engine on and full flaps but if the front wheel touches first you blow up so trying to land is pretty hard, it does the whole helicopter thing when moving fast where it cant go down for me

Don't use flaps, just cut the engine and let the thing stall. If you are flying real low it will land almost by itself.

<span style='font-family:tahoma'>Since there were some request for a camouflaged version of the ultralight trike, and since I got a bit of time and motivation, I made a new version of the trike with a camouflaged paint.

But the painting ain't the only improvement. Some other minor bugs have been tweaked. To name a few, now there is an aiming guide for the machinegun version, and the AI can handle bombs correctly. I did not alter the flight behaviour though.

Furthermore I thought it would fit just perfectly into the storyline of the original game campaign (that means into the year 1985). At that time the FIA was supported by NATO, and so I equipped the trike with american weapons (again I used the 3d model from an original game weapon).

Thats all. Here is a picture:

ul_trike_camo.jpg

Download the addon for instance at www.ofp.info

Till later, Joe Lemonade [PSC] out!</span>

I like the addon, but how is a microlight meant to carry huge bombs? wink.gif I like it as a recce craft though. Good for getting around the islands.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 20 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well the thing is i can get to about 2 feet off of the ground with no engine on and full flaps but if the front wheel touches first you blow up so trying to land is pretty hard, it does the whole helicopter thing when moving fast where it cant go down for me<span id='postcolor'>

Some one needs flying lessons tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like the addon, but how is a microlight meant to carry huge bombs?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes a tiny aircraft with maybe a 30hp engine carrying 1000lb in bombs?<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-family:tahoma'>Well, at www.fas.org/mk81 you will get a proof that Mk81 bombs are not <span style='color:red'>1000</span> lb bombs. The actuall weight is a bit more than <span style='color:blue'>100</span> kg (<span style='color:red'>1000</span> lb would be <span style='color:blue'>500</span> kg if I'm right, which is completely wrong).

The maximum take off weight of such an ultralight plane is about <span style='color:blue'>450</span> kg. The plane itself has a weight of apoximately <span style='color:blue'>170</span> kg. Together with the pilots weight of aproximately <span style='color:blue'>80</span> kg the empty take off weight is about <span style='color:blue'>250</span> kg.

That leaves room for <span style='color:blue'>200</span> kg of loadout. So you see, two <span style='color:blue'>100</span> kg bombs would fit in just right.

PSC</span>

Why can't any of you view PDF files? It comes standard with every windows (95, 98, 2000, Xp). You should all be able to view PDF files (except perhaps the ones that use Linux). Btw, I already loved your normal microlights and these are even better smile.gif. Thx loads for such a nice addon! smile.gif