Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

the dark light ... cars and others

hi , the weapon light is very very to dark :D where is holly white light to blent the enemy, they are made for this ^^

and the cars , ok the lamp looks nice. the light is very .... i can more see with my lamp on my bike :D

no effects from the light in the evening ... only in a very dark night - and then not more than 10- 14 m - need more brightness more power ^^

Your tactical light on your weapon is more about seeing where your walk then to blind the enemy. Don't expect to blind anyone in a range over 25meters.... Best used in urban environment.

Car lights: I agree from 20:00 till approx 22:00 the light appear to be not very effective, after 22:00 however it is again sufficient.

I don't think we need more strength or brightness, only some tweaking in the evening would do it for me.

It is reasonably realistic as lights are pretty ineffectual during twilight hours, although I agree that they need a little boost.

The weapon light has actually quite a large distance of effect if you use it a lot at night and refrain from using NVGs and messing up your night vision.

I find that the street lights need to come on earlier though as it is already quite dark when they fire up, there would be a lot of claims for people falling down potholes if they were so late to come on in Britain.

my flashlight is much brighter for me than for my friend who stands next to me !

That is at night I turn my flashlinght on and I easily see rocks 15 meters in front of me , but the guy standing next to me doesn't see these rocks.

I think it is a bug.

There is definately something wrong with the lights. Even if it is already dark lighsources appear pale and not as bright as they should be. Muzzleflashes for example.

my flashlight is much brighter for me than for my friend who stands next to me !

That is at night I turn my flashlinght on and I easily see rocks 15 meters in front of me , but the guy standing next to me doesn't see these rocks.

I think it is a bug.

This is extremely common in any game where flashlights are utilized and is not so much a bug as an optimization.

This is extremely common in any game where flashlights are utilized and is not so much a bug as an optimization.

What kind of optimization ? )

it is simply illogical. CPU already made all calculations for light, but it is simply not bright enough.

In Arma 2 another person's flashlight is as bright as my own.

Probably on purpose in order to reduce the amount of "leaking" through objects since they do not cast shadows.

since they do not cast shadows.

I noticed that too, and yes: that is a problem that would need a little attention.

What kind of optimization ? )

it is simply illogical. CPU already made all calculations for light, but it is simply not bright enough.

In Arma 2 another person's flashlight is as bright as my own.

It is easier to calculate each players flashlight beam and casted shadows locally. To transmit this data over the network smoothly is not such an easy thing.

As far as AI... we can all agree they've got enough issues.

Sort of off topic, but does anyone know how to turn on the IR pointer, I cant find the key binding in controls. And, if it is on by default I dont see it with NVG's on. Is it just an alpha thing?

I created a night mission and forced AI to use flashlights. It sucks that their flashlights are so dim compared to my own. Also having my light work through walls is a bit immersion defeating.

I think that this bug that ruins lights during twilight hours deserves a little attention. :)

Yeah I guess it´s that bug that causes the issue.

On a related Note

BIS fix the lighthouse at the harbour entrance! It´s off!

IT shoud be able to have high beam and low beam :)