Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Ghost Scripts

Bunch of scripts I made that work or will work with ArmA 3. Some are packed into 7zip to make organizing easier. Any that spawn units will need the unit_list.sqf. You can also find examples in my released missions. Note these scripts will change from time to time.

ArmA3 Scripts

Updated 20170530

Will they all work on a dedicated server in MP ?

And do i need all 3 folders + unit_list.sqf even when only using a single script ?

Thanks !

Will they all work on a dedicated server in MP ?

And do i need all 3 folders + unit_list.sqf even when only using a single script ?

Thanks !

I write my scripts for a dedicated server environment. Most scripts now refer to the functions file. I update the scripts now and then and try to upload the updates.

Ghost, your scripts are top notch and I've learned several things from them as well. Thank you for your contributions and dedication. We also enjoy your missions very much and recommend them to anybody looking for great coop.

I've managed to put together a working insurgency mission that spawns intel and ammo caches using your scripts. They are adapted of course.

All credits are given in and Notes.txt within mission pbo and withing script headers. It working great. Even JIP addaction on server spawned intel is worked out without persistent param in BIS_mp_fnc.

I saw your post in Ghost Missions regarding:

"Still have random tasks being destroyed on spawn occasionally and not sure what is causing that."

I have experienced that as well in your missions and never knew what that was about until I started using your scripts/functions. Occasionally ammo caches and intel dissapear with no known cause.

I've got a handle damage on the ammo cache to allow damage only from certain explosives, but they still dissapear, get deleted, or get destroyed. Not sure which , but the object becomes null nonetheless. I can't trace the problem within any of the scripts. I monitored cache placement to make sure it was not a collision problem and it isn't. I've caught the caches dissapearing before my eyes trying to debug. I just can't figure it out.

I know your a busy guy and I'm not asking for you to take a look at the mission though that would be great, but if you do resolve this matter I would be very interested in the whys and hows.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to the new missions.

Thank You.

Thank you for your kind words and input Jigsor. If you would like send me a copy of your mission and I will look at what you have done. I have not tried looking into a different method than bis_mp_fnc for global addactions in a while since it works and I dont want to pull a BIS break what works scenario. That ammo box issue applies to any task that is placed in a building and can be killed. I honestly think it is somehow a collision issue but have not done more extensive tests yet. When my head is more clear and have free time I would like to address this.

Ghost, i think I've figured out what is going on.

It seems to be an Arma 3 bug that has not been resolved since Alpha.

Objects or vehicles, whether placed in editor or spawned by script, occasionally self destruct if not pointing 0 degrees. The problem of disappearing ammo boxes has nearly completely ceased now. Smaller objects like the suitcases occasionally still have problems and may be collision related as you said. Anyway, thanks for the great scripts and reply. You and anyone else can see your scripts in use on my mission if interested here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181109-BMR-Insurgency

Thanks again.

These look really usefull, thanks! However, it'd be nice to have a description of what each one does for those who are not script savvy.

These scripts look awesome, thankyou so much. As said before descriptions could be nice, but if you dont have the time they aren't needed

Link should now work again.

Link should now work again.

No it just takes me back to OP. round and around we go.