Sign in to follow this  
Bernadotte

Six wtc site plans revealed

im too tired and lazy to read the 'more info' bit at the moment but its hard to tell what any of them would really look like/major differences/size from that angle

the memorial park looks most respectful,

like a war memorial

but all look pretty much like business parks or something,

if i was a victims relative i imagine id want to keep the area deserted, either that or build the biggest damn tower in the world, but not of offices, just a monument.

Of course big business money dictates that there will be offices built there

they all look pretty conventional to me,

not like the memorial of 3000 deaths in an atrocity, but im probably wrong.

Dear god... but what if plans for a tower that size were to fall into the wrong hands?!?!? A tower that size could fire lasers so big it'd split the moon into two! wow.gif

gwahahahahahahaha!!!!

yes....what if it falls into WRONG HANDS!!! tounge.gif

but on serious note, I think a park will be best. there needs to be somewhere both practical and remembering.

These are old, but they are still funny:

ifwin1.jpg

ifwintower.jpg

ifwin3.jpg

wink.gif

But seriously on the question of what should be built, I think that they should have left the remaining parts of the WTC towers and arranged it as a memorial. I think that it would make a much stronger impression then some park.

Lol Denoir!

I voted for the Memorial Promenade. I wasn't surprised to see that it was the most popular so far. The design is very fetching, and I like the name.

I voted for memorial promenade. It looks really nice. I wonder howll theyll decide on which one to build. Would they look to the public? Like a public vote or would it be just the people building it?

I htought about leaving some parts intact and arrange for memorial purpose, but I think safety could be issue here. plus, managing already damaged parts of building costs a bit i guess.

Mayor Bloomberg hinted his dissatisfaction with the concepts so far saying only, "it's a start."

Also, I read that they saved most of that large section of the original facade that we all saw leaning over during much of the clean up. Apparently they would like to incorporate it into some form of sculpture for the memorial.

Most of the concept buildings go to about 80 floors. The tallest reaches 85, although Garden's pyramid has a huge open sculpture antenna section that seems to climb well over the origninal 107-floor height. Hard to tell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that they should have left the remaining parts of the WTC towers and arranged it as a memorial.<span id='postcolor'>

_Little_ like that bombed church in Berlin?

I think that that would be the most impressive option.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ July 17 2002,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that they should have left the remaining parts of the WTC towers and arranged it as a memorial.<span id='postcolor'>

_Little_ like that bombed church in Berlin?

I think that that would be the most impressive option.<span id='postcolor'>

Yea I agree to that as well.

I don't think any tall buildings should be built there, it might feel realy awckward sitting in a new tower on that spot. People might need more councelling after going to work there.

I picked park just because I liked the monolith.

None of them really look good.

I think they should leave part of the facade as well. That would be a good memorial.

Come to New York, see the remains of the WTC building, eat Kal Kalash on a stick with Crab Juice.

'Mountain Dew? Ewww, I'l take a Crab Juice please'

(Sadly not a direct quote but close enough. Strangely enough that episode isn't shown any more.)

As for a park. No chance. Do you know how much that land is worth? Obcene amounts. From the owners point of view, he can rebuild and get his money back, or loose millions by turning it into a park. Unless the Government want to buy the land off him (Unlikely), you'll be seeing a new business tower in the near future.

The joys of capitalism eh?

I like the square of memorial square. But I'd rather have large buildings like in the other ones. Maybe they will combine some of the ideas like i heard on the new last night confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ July 17 2002,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">'Mountain Dew? Ewww, I'l take a Crab Juice please'

(Sadly not a direct quote but close enough. Strangely enough that episode isn't shown any more.)

As for a park. No chance. Do you know how much that land is worth? Obcene amounts. From the owners point of view, he can rebuild and get his money back, or loose millions by turning it into a park. Unless the Government want to buy the land off him (Unlikely), you'll be seeing a new business tower in the near future.

The joys of capitalism eh?<span id='postcolor'>

He's right about the land worth. Its Manhattan for crisakes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ July 17 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">'Mountain Dew? Ewww, I'l take a Crab Juice please'

The joys of capitalism eh?<span id='postcolor'>

that quote is correct.(or really close to it). and the Simpson's producers and FOX decided to pull that episode from syndication due to scenes invloving WTC.

the owner of WTC had insurance, so he is covered. but he got insurance for only one building, thinking that chance of both building getting something wrong was near zero.

and with all the emotions, I think gov't will actually buy the land or compensate some part of it to the owner.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ July 17 2002,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you all sure?  I saw that episode just a few days ago....  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that's what they did initially. probably they could have changed their decision. I think their decision affected only those in US

Funny, either people have two different names alias.... or people post exactly the same stuff at two different forums!

I like the garden idea! But then again, what to do about the lack of office-space in Manhattan. Just think about how much space they lost! They should find a more "pragmatic" solution"

Big soccer forum /thread on WTC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ July 18 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Funny, either people have two different names alias.... or people post exactly the same stuff at two different forums!

I like the garden idea! But then again, what to do about the lack of office-space in Manhattan. Just think about how much space they lost! They should find a more "pragmatic" solution"

Big soccer forum /thread on WTC<span id='postcolor'>

well i think that im the only one that thinks the wtc should be rebuilt. but instead of 2 towers and a bunch of smaller buildings surrounding it, why not just one big giant tower. and than put the memorial around the base or sorta decoratate the building w/ some kinda pretty statues or other kinda monuments and on the roof.

why not a goos AA system on the spot tounge.gif

but serious a park with 2 big lights that go on at night as a remind of what was there smile.gif

I say a memorial square. Its far less of a target tounge.gif