Sign in to follow this  
DAP

Arma 3 - ai first aid support

Hey guys,

first of all, thanks Jety for the fix (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150333-Arma-3-ai-first-aid-support&p=2620653&viewfull=1#post2620653)

Now my question:

How to prevent dieing?

Do you know how it's possible to make a unit enter the unconscious state EVEN getting a headshot (or deadly amount of bullets)? At the moment, if I shoot the unit in the head, it will die... Which I want to prevent.

Thanks!

Edited by Undeceived

Hey guys,

first of all, thanks Jety for the fix (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150333-Arma-3-ai-first-aid-support&p=2620653&viewfull=1#post2620653)

Now my question:

How to prevent dieing?

Do you know how it's possible to make a unit enter the unconscious state EVEN getting a headshot (or deadly amount of bullets)? At the moment, if I shoot the unit in the head, it will die... Which I want to prevent.

Thanks!

Hi, you're welcome.

I came up with the same idea as you a while ago. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with coding. When I'm finished studying in June, and finished visiting every party after gratudation i might take a look at the code and see what I can do. But don't expect to much, because it's more like trial and error if i try to code something :-D.

Cheers!

I know this thread is 189 days old lol. But before I waste anymore time trying to get the awesome script to work for ARMA3. Is this script not working anymore for ARMA3. I have attempted this fix. thanks Jety for the fix (forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2620653). but no luck. Please let me know if this script is broken and DAP is not working on an update. Avibird.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

@Coolinator ok you need to follow a few directions to make this work lol (:

1. go to page 4 post#39 by Dap - It already work in one my mission. You can capture and interrogate insurgent leaders.

2. DL one of my mission There is three PBO missions co32_insurgency.altis.pbo co32_insurgency.stratis.pbo co37_insurgency.altis.pbo

3. now hope you know how to unPBO one of the missions (I use the Eliteness)

4. once in folder form open the mission folder > DAPMAN > Scripts > wounded > copy the WoundedMain.sqs

5. now DL the Current version: 0.2.5 of the SCRIPT from this thread and replace the WoundedMain.sqs with the one you just DL.

6. Now Dap never gave an example mission so open your editor place two different groups down via editor save your mission name it DAPMAN TEST.

7. Now you need to add CA folder, DAPMAN folder and Stringtable.csv from the DL into your test mission.

8. you need to make a Description.ext add your Respawn Options what ever you want in your mission then you need to add this

class RscTitles

{

#include "DAPMAN\RscTitles.hpp"

};

class CfgSounds

{

#include "DAPMAN\CfgSounds.hpp"

};

9. You then need to make an INIT.SQF and add this

[] execVM "ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\MPFramework.sqf";

[AllUnits] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

//CUSTOM SKILLS

if (isServer) then {

[] SPAWN {

while {true} do {

sleep 10;

{

if (isNil{_x getvariable "SKILLSSET"}) then {

_x setvariable ["SKILLSSET",true];

if (side _x == EAST) then {

[[_x]] execVM "DAPMAN\Init.sqf";

_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.10 + (random 0.4)];

_x setSkill ["aimingShake", 0.30 + (random 0.4)];

_x setSkill ["aimingSpeed", 0.10 + (random 0.4)];

_x setSkill ["spotDistance", 0.10 + (random 0.4)];

_x setSkill ["spotTime", 0.10 + (random 0.4)];

} else {

_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.30 + (random 0.3)];

_x setSkill ["aimingSpeed", 0.20 + (random 0.4)];

_x setSkill ["spotDistance", 0.20 + (random 0.4)];

};

};

} foreach allUnits

};

};

};

//CUSTOM SKILLS

if (isServer) then {

[] SPAWN {

while {true} do {

sleep 10;

{

if (side _x == WEST) then {

} else {

};

};

} foreach allUnits

};

};

};

I don't know if you really need the CUSTOM SKILLS in the INIT.SQF but I am fooling around with it and the script works so I am not mess with it yet lol

10. Go test play shot one of the units in the other group that you are not a member and see the wound system (: now shot one of your AI units in your group and order the medic to heal the unit. If you are the group leader the AI will not heal units in your group if you don't order this is a game thing not script. If you are not the squad leader the AI will heal the AI in your group as well as other groups in the area. This is a bug. If the player has a medkit on them the AI will not heal THE PLAYER if you are down so drop your medkit ): If you want to heal a unit you need to pick up a medkit from the down unit. restart the test but put a AI opfor unit shot him walk over to them heal them and now he is your bitch lol however if you leave him alone he will run away.

Let me know if you get it to work, It is really the best heal/revive script hands down for the AI.

Also it works for all dynamic spawn AI units during the mission not only editor placed units and you can still die with one shot.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Just so it's easy to read for anyone that may be interested in your solution. Cheers.

class RscTitles
{
};

class CfgSounds
{
};

//CUSTOM SKILLS
if (isServer) then {
   [] SPAWN {
       while {true} do {
		sleep 10;
		{
				} else {
				};
			};
		} foreach allUnits
       };
   };
};

Tags are neat. [php] tags too. When you use either one of these tags when posting code, things are easier to read. Thus people are more apt to help you. On the other end of the spectrum, they are also more prone to take your snippet under serious consideration for a valid solution to their issue, if you're the one providing a solution. Well unless they're out to prove a point; Most people with valid knowledge DO care and most will try to [s]educate[/s] help you on proper forum etiquette by example. It's not to be crude or an ass. It's beneficial to everyone involved. The concepts are really very simple. [i]- help others help [b][u]you[/u][/b] -[/i] and [i]- Help others understand wth you're posting -[/i]
Edited by Iceman77
  • Like 1

@Coolinator ok you need to follow a few directions to make this work lol (:

1. go to page 4 post#39 by Dap - It already work in one my mission. You can capture and interrogate insurgent leaders.

2. DL one of my mission There is three PBO missions co32_insurgency.altis.pbo co32_insurgency.stratis.pbo co37_insurgency.altis.pbo

3. now hope you know how to unPBO one of the missions (I use the Eliteness)

4. once in folder form open the mission folder > DAPMAN > Scripts > wounded > copy the WoundedMain.sqs

5. now DL the Current version: 0.2.5 of the SCRIPT from this thread and replace the WoundedMain.sqs with the one you just DL.

6. Now Dap never gave an example mission so open your editor place two different groups down via editor save your mission name it DAPMAN TEST.

7. Now you need to add CA folder, DAPMAN folder and Stringtable.csv from the DL into your test mission.

8. you need to make a Description.ext add your Respawn Options what ever you want in your mission then you need to add this

class RscTitles

{

};

class CfgSounds

{

};

9. You then need to make an INIT.SQF and add this

//CUSTOM SKILLS

if (isServer) then {

[] SPAWN {

while {true} do {

sleep 10;

{

} else {

};

};

} foreach allUnits

};

};

};

//CUSTOM SKILLS

if (isServer) then {

[] SPAWN {

while {true} do {

sleep 10;

{

if (side _x == WEST) then {

} else {

};

};

} foreach allUnits

};

};

};

I don't know if you really need the CUSTOM SKILLS in the INIT.SQF but I am fooling around with it and the script works so I am not mess with it yet lol

10. Go test play shot one of the units in the other group that you are not a member and see the wound system (: now shot one of your AI units in your group and order the medic to heal the unit. If you are the group leader the AI will not heal units in your group if you don't order this is a game thing not script. If you are not the squad leader the AI will heal the AI in your group as well as other groups in the area. This is a bug. If the player has a medkit on them the AI will not heal THE PLAYER if you are down so drop your medkit ): If you want to heal a unit you need to pick up a medkit from the down unit. restart the test but put a AI opfor unit shot him walk over to them heal them and now he is your bitch lol however if you leave him alone he will run away.

Let me know if you get it to work, It is really the best heal/revive script hands down for the AI.

Also it works for all dynamic spawn AI units during the mission not only editor placed units and you can still die with one shot.

Did everything including adding custom skills, never worked, no luck :( Im just gonna bail out on this..

THanks for all of your help and time, i really appreciate it, im just gonna keep using A3 wounding system by pshyco, its the only revive script that works for my mission. even though i still face some bugs :(

Anyways thanks again for all your help :)

I will give you a demo mission and post here but first I need to find out how to add a demo mission to this thread. I never uploaded a mission to a thread.

I will give you a demo mission and post here but first I need to find out how to add a demo mission to this thread. I never uploaded a mission to a thread.

demo would be nice :)

Share a link to the dropbox file where you have it stored :)

Sorry for bring this thread up but this is one of the only revive scripts that I know of that work with in game spawn AI. I am attempting to use this and AGM medical system to make a work around for a type of respawn system for SP since bohemian took it out for arma3.

All works great but the dap wound timer is set for 180 seconds and for the life of me I can't change the death time and yes I altered all the codelines with wound timer 180 but no luck. I was just hoping someone knows exactly what I'm talking about and knows how and where to change the wound time for bleed out with Dap script.

Wow .... you've really necro'd the thread!  Don't even know if it is active at all !

• Haha 2