Sign in to follow this  
BS87

The huey's

Ok, i know there were atleast 2 hueys beeing made, and they both looked kinda of near done. I cant find ANY info on either of them, and i was wondering how the projects are going and if anyone can find links to thier respective sites.

It's not Hueys. It's a piece of junk with a propeller. I think this models where made during 1 hour.

Martin's Huey is a bit better but not as good as Eviscerator's Huey which he made to import in VBS1...

vbs1 is used by the marines now as a training program, soo i dont think he has vbs1

so stalker u think u can model better?

"Martin's Huey is a bit better but not as good as Eviscerator's Huey..."

Martin has updated his UH-1D twice. It's now version 1.2 (the one in the SEB pack is v1.1). Martin's latest Huey looks exactly like what a UH-1D is supposed to look like. He also made it without the Oxygen tools.

I can't help but wonder if some of you people have no idea what a real UH-1 looks like. Also, I know we're dealing with a real helicopter expert when they start talking about the "propellers" on helicopters..

Eviscerator's is the more recent twin engine UH-1N. His is being made with Oxygen. BTW: Evis, can we get an update on it's status? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ July 16 2002,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not Hueys. It's a piece of junk with a propeller. I think this models where made during 1 hour.<span id='postcolor'>

Dude?  Do you have any idea what you are talking about?  If you are talking about Martin's Huey, it looks damn good, and moreover, he did it WITHOUT OXYGEN!  I beg of you to try doing that.  He used the blackhawk model and painstakingly modified it into a Huey without adding or subtracting any vertices.  If you have ever tried doing a non-Oxygen mod you would realize how incredibly difficult it is to make a realistic looking addon in this way.  It's extremely hard and takes weeks if not months of work.  So before you go slamming someone's hard work, please try looking at what what went into that hard work before you judge it so quickly.

Sure Evi's choppers will probably be better...but they'll also be done in Oxygen.  But regardless Martin's Huey's stand as a landmark accomplishment.  

From my email correspondense with Martin he seems like a really nice guy who's always answered my emails to him concerning his Huey's. I hate seeing someone bad mouth him like that and call what I feel is an excellent addon, a "piece of junk with a propeller." His Huey's look very good in my opinion. Their only drawback are those inherent to addons not being made with Oxygen such as distant textures turning back into the blackhawk. But at most distances it looks extremely realistic, the passengers sit realistically inside (like with their feet dangling outside the door) and they're very well textured inside and outside.

If only that man had Oxygen, who knows what he could do with it!  I'm sure he'd do some really amazing stuff!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ July 16 2002,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not Hueys. It's a piece of junk with a propeller. I think this models where made during 1 hour.<span id='postcolor'>

That was not made in one hour. That took martin a great deal of time.

I totally agree with Miles Teg here. Its really not cool to dis someone's work that they have worked on for quite some time. Im not trying to flame you or anything. Im just saying maybe you should rethink what you said..Or at least apologize. Cause at this forum we dont put down other people's work.

i agree with the others, i spent ages trying to modify the blackhawk myself and it turned out pretty badly, he did a great job which would take a great deal to be bettered

My first edited huey came out slamming.It look almost perfect,"To me that is".all it like was some textures.But I stoped on havent touched it since.

Uh1pic.jpg

Wow that looks nice NZXSHADOWS. Keep up the good work. By the way what kind of armourment are you planning to put on it?