Sign in to follow this  
coffeeshock

Caseless Ammo? Really?!

At first I thought the missing shell casings from the MX rifle were an Alpha bug...

But after some research I realised it was intended and 6.5 ammo is now suddenly "caseless"...are you serious?

It feels and looks utterly cheap and pathetic, it totally kills the whole realism feel/look it had at the E3 showings etc. Not even Halo had this with most of its guns which takes places 500 years in the future.

I really like the design of the new MX rifles (and they still have a shell ejection port lol) but this caseless ammo issue now actually changed my mind and I won't buy the game anymore...unless you revert it back to normal traditional ammo or some modders come up with a quick mod/addon to "fix" it properly in the first weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You wont buy the game because they are using a real ammo type?

Ok, bye! :)

• Like 1

Hello there

1. caseless ammo's been around for years.

2. not buying a game due to the ammo type seems a little odd.

3.go on get it. its fun.

Rgds

LoK

Can you at least make a better argument for not using caseless ammo than "It feels and looks utterly cheap and pathetic, it totally kills the whole realism feel/look it had at the E3 showings etc.", because that's just your opinion.

This and the knee pad threads are my favourites so far.

"Real ammo" lmao...yet nobody uses this "real ammo" that was tested and rejected for obvious reasons decades ago...

Caseless ammo in a video game is just a lame excuse to help with performance issues imo...and it makes the game look odd, as in Wolfenstein 3D ancient video games odd. This just proves once again how every single upcoming video game these days turns into dog poo. This change kills the whole Arma experience for me. If I want laser guns, I can play some Star Wars title...

The main reason for this thread is my hope for a response from a Dev with a proper explanation...

"Suddenly"? The game takes place in the future.

"Suddenly"? The game takes place in the future.

Yes, they "suddenly" changed it since their E3 show case...check YT for proof, hence the still existing shell ejection ports! It only takes place 20 years in the future, not 10.000...

The E3 video was wrong, not the Alpha. I could find a post by RiE stating that but it's worthless.

Also, the Comanche will be ingame. Rage everywhere?

We still have 7.62mm, 9mm, 6.5mm cased mag used with the TRG-20, so really there is only one class of ammo and magazine that covers two weapon types that uses caseless.

Also the shell ejection port on 6.5mm releases excess gas from the firing mechanism.

Caseless ammo in a video game is just a lame excuse to help with performance issues imo...and it makes the game look odd, as in Wolfenstein 3D ancient video games odd. This just proves once again how every single upcoming video game these days turns into dog poo. This change kills the whole Arma experience for me. If I want laser guns, I can play some Star Wars title...

My above statement pretty much null and voids this statement.

Yes, they "suddenly" changed it since their E3 show case...check YT for proof, hence the still existing shell ejection ports! It only takes place 20 years in the future, not 10.000...

Now I'm just confused. 20 > 10.0