Sign in to follow this  
Paratrooper

What nationality would you be?

We are all now in this forum for so long so whatever sounds to you like flaming you should take more relaxed. We know that basically all of us in general have an open mind. As long as we dont hurt each others pride (which we should staten immediately if it is the case) we should try to add some "peper" to the forum. Cause if not I could read the Neue Zuericher Zeitung (boring but good newspaper) and have the same profit. There are threads to be taken seriously and some which give space for some funny provokations.

I would love to have a passport from Brunei, or maybe Sudan and I could be corrupt as hell and spend more money than the german cancellor! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 16 2002,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Way to go! Countering an assenine comment with an even more assenine comment.<span id='postcolor'>

Even Steven that's all. That was kind of the point, and were'nt you told to stay on topic by the threads creator?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ July 17 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 17 2002,17wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ July 17 2002,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's nice to hear that so many people have picked Holland as their favorite country. It flatters me! smile.gif I would pick...lets see..ehh..dunno actually. Holland I guess smile.gif either that or Austria.<span id='postcolor'>

Why Austria?<span id='postcolor'>

Because I went there on vacation and I sorta liked the Landscape there. Nice mountains etc.<span id='postcolor'>

Now that we both live in Austria we should meet up and get a beer, and enjoy the countryside biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ July 18 2002,10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ July 17 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 17 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ July 17 2002,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's nice to hear that so many people have picked Holland as their favorite country. It flatters me! <!--emo&smile.gif I would pick...lets see..ehh..dunno actually. Holland I guess smile.gif either that or Austria.<span id='postcolor'>

Why Austria?<span id='postcolor'>

Because I went there on vacation and I sorta liked the Landscape there. Nice mountains etc.<span id='postcolor'>

Now that we both live in Austria we should meet up and get a beer, and enjoy the countryside biggrin.giftounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have to admit, Austria has very nice scenerey (Mountains + lakes & waterfalls). That's one thing you will miss if you ever come to Eastern North America.

And the beer ist gut! biggrin.gif

Only bad thing is they'd better not "smell" a foreign accent on you, they will treat you appropriately (especially job wise etc.). This is no flame, anyone who really knows... knows.

wink.gif

I want to be American. It must give you a great sense of power living in the most powerful country in the world!!!

(side question--- can you all see my avatar? it does not display on my browser)

Nope it dosnt show, i recommend getting it hosted somewhere else than geoshities.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ July 19 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(side question--- can you all see my avatar? it does not display on my browser)<span id='postcolor'>

shepherd.jpeg

Feel free to use that.

You've not picked a very good image to use as an avatar though, hard to make anything out at that size smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 19 2002,05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just like being plain American. smile.gif

But i have alittle German blood to.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not the question.

Swizzerland would be a nice place for me I suppose as long as it was in a non-French speaking part of the country. (I Can't stand French, too much phlem in their throats.)

Where was I? Oh yes Swizzerland, Any army who carries cork screws with them as part of their standard equipment are alright in my book, where do I sign up?

I love skiing, chocolate, beer, beef, money....Yes Swizzerland defenately sounds like my kind of country. I could finally take those yodelling classes I've always wanted to take. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ July 19 2002,07:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Swizzerland would be a nice place for me I suppose as long as it was in a non-French speaking part of the country.  (I Can't stand French, too much phlem in their throats.)  

Where was I? Oh yes Swizzerland, Any army who carries cork screws with them as part of their standard equipment are alright in my book, where do I sign up?  

I love skiing, chocolate, beer, beef, money....Yes Swizzerland defenately sounds like my kind of country.  I could finally take those yodelling classes I've always wanted to take.   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I was attracted by their Army which includes all able bodied adult men in the country, it is well equiped and trained. They have an exelent standard of living and political system.

There is one catch with the Swiss Army though.  You may have to wear a gay looking costume and parade around the Vatican guarding the pope with nothing but a big axe with ribbons tied to it.

ch-guard.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ July 19 2002,07:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is one catch with the Swiss Army though.  You may have to wear a gay looking costume and parade around the Vatican guarding the pope with nothing but a big axe with ribbons tied to it.

ch-guard.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

The Swiss guards were a gift to the Vatican centuries ago. They are nothing to do with Switzerland.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ July 16 2002,02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want one of those things too biggrin.gif

Dont u get french citezenship when u complete the five year term with the forign legion ?<span id='postcolor'>

you do

Tough question. I've already been to a bunch of places, one that I haven't been to, and I'd like to at least visit is Spain, that's where most of my roots are from, if you go back 300 years or so that is...as for living there, I don't know, I'd have to see it first. I've had my heart set on moving to Miami Florida when I finish school and find good work. (yep I know I'm breaking the rules, neighbouring country and all, but hey, it's still pretty freaking far from where I live tounge.gif). Eventually, if and when Cuba's society reaches a state of "normalicy" ie -  true democracy, equality between races, social classes, no huge gap between the rich and the poor (and to be honest I'm not holding my breath, there has never been such a society in Cuba since it was "discovered" in the 1500's) then that's where i wanna be at.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Swiss guards were a gift to the Vatican centuries ago. They are nothing to do with Switzerland.<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing to do with Swizterland??? I beg to differ. The Swiss Guard of the vatican are STILL made up of entirely Swiss nationals.  They are veterans of the Swiss Armed Services and catholic. It is completely voulantary though....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">placebo

Ãœber Verwalter

Group: Moderator

Posted: July 18 2002,21:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (cybrid @ July 19 2002,00:24)

(side question--- can you all see my avatar? it does not display on my browser)

Feel free to use that.

You've not picked a very good image to use as an avatar though, hard to make anything out at that size <span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Placebo, but how do I use it? I did have a much better one from the same site but it didn't display either, so I picked the next best one.

It has to be Italy. I love Rome. I first went to Rome during my studies. Expected a lot - and everything + more was fullfilled.

One more thing and it's not meant as an insult against people loving Switzerland because it is so clean and everthing "works". I have been to Spain, France and Italy a lot. Most places are not as "clean" as I'm used to here in Norway. It certainly doesn't put me off. Actually, I think I like it. The dust and gritt is just part of the hole package which I fancy. Maybe it's hard to explain but I think Lou Reed said it best (cant remember if it was Smoke or Blue in the face) in an interview, when he told he was from New York and describing himself as nevrotic and paranoid (like Woody Allen I suppose) and pretty used to nothing at all working. Then he told the interviewer that he once toured Sweden - and even the traffic lights worked. That scared the living daylights out of him.

I'm not saying I'm nevrotic but I think I know what he means. Doesn't matter if the place isn't perfect as long as you like whatever you like such as the social atmosphere, beautyful architecture and so on. Yes, definately Rome!

(It should be: "see Rome and die" not "see Neaples and die"!

I would pick Sweden, been to France, Denmark, Belgium and Sweden, Sweden was by far the best, friendly people, extremely clean and beautiful place smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 20 2002,02:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would pick Sweden, been to France, Denmark, Belgium and Sweden, Sweden was by far the best, friendly people, extremely clean and beautiful place smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you. You are too kind smile.gif /me takes credit for the whole country wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 20 2002,02:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would pick Sweden, been to France, Denmark, Belgium and Sweden, Sweden was by far the best, friendly people, extremely clean and beautiful place smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sweden is a nice country but too "similar" to Norway. If you ever decide to visit Norway you should come to Bergen on the west coast. Lots of fellow countrymen of yours here and they all love Bergen (they comlpain about the prices though). Bergen is propably the most beautyful town in Norway.

smile.gif

Well if any one cares.

It would have to be a European country without a doubt. Since i have only been to Belgium, Amsterdam and London. I would pick Belgium hands down. One simple fact is the Beer! Belgium is also a very nice place. England would be my next choice. I don't pick Holland because you can easily take a short train ride from Belgium to any dutch city.

Mexico would be another choice but it has too many problems.

As a half Austrian and Italian, Austria would be another pick, I am dying to go there but its a bit expense to go right now.

Cheers

I'd be English. I find England and its people fascinating. I'm always trying to perfect my accent. I watch all the BBC I can (I know TV only gives you a limited view into the culture, but at least you can learn to mimic the accent), and Snatch is my favourite movie (obviously).

Militarily speaking, I think the Brits have always had a cutting-edge military. Easily on a par with the US Army (of which I am a part). The SAS is responsible, IMPO, for inspiring every special forces unit to date. And the SA80/L85A1 is one of the best (and coolest looking) assault rifles available. I wish the US Army would switch to it (though the M16 is growing on me).

The only thing that sucks, is the gun laws there and in Australia are unbelievable.

Russian.

Not just because of the game too. I've always loved Russia. The language, the environment. Everything. They have great military aircraft, and a very proud history.

I took a ground school (teaches you the book stuff of flying) course with two ex-Russian pilots. One was a fighter pilot, the other a helicopter pilot. They were both very nice people.