Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 102936 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

GREAT! Many thanks, zGuba. Will your tweaks be available in the next beta?

I had a little trouble creating hotfix, so I can only hope so :rolleyes:

Will be nice to have some kind of setting to allow play either with hard or easy settings if they wish to.That will stop complaining of both groups.In a3 as well.

AI team-/ squadleaders are stuck in a loop repeating orders - one can hear them telling the same order over and over again "Attack that ... ". This AI TL/SL is also often stuck in his place and will only move himself if the target has been damaged/destroyed. AI still uses binoculars/rangefinders when enemies are close to the group or already shooting at or close to the group. Is it possible to spread the disembarking AI so the AI driver will kill only a few if he is driving back and forth?

That's because unguided AT launchers like SMAW, MAWWS etc have drop and ballistic arc now...using it on moving vehicles beyond 200m is futile...as it should be. Big improvement. You need to use Guided AT now for long range. That fix took quite a long time. People are already used to wrong mechanics with unguided AT flying straight to 1500m. Armor has an edge now against low tech AT infantry beyond 300m. In addition METIS and Dragon have to be guided manuylly now even by A.I....when that A.I. has a low skill it will miss....no more autolock and autoguide. If you don't like it that way you can now activate autoguide in veteran mode and all is "arcade" again as it was before. Using this build in MP brings you of course in an extreme disadvantage currently until this is in the official patch for everyone. AT fligght speed is also decreased and hitting a stationary tank with unguided AT at more than 500m is a challenge now.

Haven't tested it yet but it sure sounds like a improvment! Regarding performance using this build I agree that it feels a tad better here as well.

/KC

Yes, it is possible, but not recommended, as there is a bug in CCP which zGuba may have just fixed. Wait for next beta.

Would anyone have a mirror for this or some of the latest beta patches ? Dropbox link or anything? Would love to play DayZ again, but impossible without beta patches... -.-

Thank you anyway!

you could use SIX or commander to update

observed: AI sliding over ground/terrain eg AI medic sliding to wounded soldier in SP01 "Hike in the Hills" - expected: walking/running AI. # observed: flickering dead units over their own dead body - expected: dead units stay down/low and aren't visible as "ghosts".

observed: flickering dead units over their own dead body - expected: dead units stay down/low and aren't visible as "ghosts".

wow, this one´s back again?