Sign in to follow this  
Alistair

So,what is going to be the OPFOR equivalent to the F-35? [Suggestion!]

What plane you want to see fighting the F-35?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What plane you want to see fighting the F-35?

• Qaher-313
    • Pak Fa
    • J-20/J-31
    • Ohter (post it)

I think that Qahir-313 could serve the basis for a fictional plane that is actually cool, sizing it up considerably and making it look like it was capable of flight.

I think that Qahir-313 could serve the basis for a fictional plane that is actually cool, sizing it up considerably and making it look like it was capable of flight.

This.

I'd say the PAK FA, not only is it a pretty plane, it could be sold to the Iranians, hypothetically.

Especially if the Iranians have some of the equipment they have a A3, it'd be more of a surprise if any country with a decent military doesn;t have a stealth fighter by 2035, but then also Radar would evolve too.

pak fa, the export version will be ready by around 2020 with the first export country to receive the serial machine around 2020.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7269/88041769.jpg

there is plenty of media from all angles so references is not a issue, and t-50 cockpit photographs are already available.

Iran has yet to build a plane superior to the F-5(infact all of their 'home made' planes are f-5 copies).

as long as bis remembers to remove the data probe and add all exterior systems, and not mess it up like hawx did.

Edited by Planetside

if they add the Qaher-313 i'm going to laugh so hard and then never play opfor again. bis should atleast give them something that isn't a model airplane designed to appeal to patriotism. the iranian government is laughable at everything they do.

It's pretty sad that the Qaher is actually the least likely candidate for an actual flyable aircraft in Iranian hands.

excuse me good sir's but the J-20 is a bomber not a fighter, the Qaher-313 is bullruckus and the only plausible jet remaining is the PAK FA. China cannot manufacture the J-20 in significant numbers at the moment anyway.

I'd like to see Qaher-313 with realistic flight characteristics. :) Not as an opponent for the F-35, but for a good laugh. And PAK-FA, for the times we need an actual opponent.

excuse me good sir's but the J-20 is a bomber not a fighter, the Qaher-313 is bullruckus and the only plausible jet remaining is the PAK FA. China cannot manufacture the J-20 in significant numbers at the moment anyway.
And yet Saeqeh is the only Iranian manufactured fighter to date.

What I would do here is take the Saeqeh and F-20, put it together with MiG-35 engine and avionics. That package would actually result in a fighter more nimbie than the F-35, although with lower payload. Sensors performance unimportant, as both extend way over what territory we'll have to work with.

Unrealistic poll candidates ! unless you think that arma is a banana game !

:yay:

We are talking about 30 years in the future,and your statement is incorrect.The J-20 is a multi-role fighter/superiority fighter.But thats why i put it with the J-31 anyways.:p

At this point China's manufacturing capacity for putting out J-20s is irrelevant.

How i see in-game story, that seems that Turkey would be occupied or annexed by Iran (what seems less logical because Turkey is NATO member), or will become part of Iran after series of religious mutinies. That give for Iran some economic boost and also whole local arsenal. Now story looks a little more probable. And even is possible to use something from Turkey's aircrafts fleet..

But maybe something absolutely other? How about some 'flying wing'?

attachment.php?attachmentid=94497&stc=1&d=1266394791

Even tho nowadays these apparatus is mostly associated with stealth bombers, is also some evidences about their capability as fighter.

There are reports that during one of these test flights, the H.IX V2 undertook a simulated "dog-fight" with a Messerschmitt Me 262, the first operational jet fighter and that the H.IX V2 outperformed the Me 262.

How i see in-game story, that seems that Turkey would be occupied or annexed by Iran (what seems less logical because Turkey is NATO member), or will become part of Iran after series of religious mutinies. That give for Iran some economic boost and also whole local arsenal. Now story looks a little more probable. And even is possible to use something from Turkey's aircrafts fleet..

But maybe something absolutely other? How about some 'flying wing'?

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=94497&stc=1&d=1266394791

Even tho nowadays these apparatus is mostly associated with stealth bombers, is also some evidences about their capability as fighter.

New approaches and perspectives are always welcome in any kind of development...But i don't think BIS would like to go out of the "line" too much.

I love how all these fighters are copies of NATO (US) fighters... :confused:

They are not. Saying that is just as wrong as saying that because Jets have a pointed nose, they are all copied from the first design that had a pointed nose. There is only one way of doing stealth we are aware of, and all these planes make use of those techniques. These are also not a western Idea (not even german, the Horten Ho 229 was NOT designed as a stealthy plane. If it had any such properties, it was an accident.) but a soviet one (P. Ya. Ufimtsev, Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction, Soviet Radio, Moscow, 1962 <- This is the book the F-117 and B2A were based on).

The PAK-FA is a completely russian design, and does not adhere to the american design philosophy of reinventing the wheel every time. The chinese J-21 is a massive long range heavy fighter (In line with their second Island chain policy, and I´ve read rumours on informed defense blogs that it is intended as a strike plane, rather than a fighter.) while the J-31 is more in line with an F-18 with the performance of an F-15. The design shapes of this one are particularily close to american design, but if something works well, why not make use of the work others have done for you?

As far as stealthyness goes, the question wether or not these planes will perform is not really with shaping, but with the performance of their surface coatings later on. But, the Russians will likely go for cheaper and easier production, rather than perfection of individual aircraft, so on the modern battlefield the Nato airforces will either be outgunned and outflown by fewer PAK-FAs... or, if F-22s are available, outnumbered and brought down through attrition.

The only western stealth Fighter that is worth building is the F-22. The F-35 is a strategical catastrophe in the making. And it´s not about Ideology, it´s about physics. And physics doesn´t care what flag you paint on your plane, if it is a slow, underpowered, overweight hog that is unstealthy from all aspects but the front, physics will tell you quick.

I think the designers really do believe that they can outfight an enemy simply by advanced onboard sensors and systems alone, ie, "let the missile do the turning", which is a gross fallacy. Which is one reason why I actually believe that a superior opfor in 2035 is realistic.

The NATO military-industrial complex is a big, massive circlejerk that is producing one rubbish pile after the other, and finishing the deed even if it turns out early during development what kind of rubbish piles they are actually working on.

Sorry, ranting.

tl;dr: Not copies, stealth only works one way if you want a plane that can fly on its own (unlike the F-117 and B2) more or less.

PaK Fa is the favorite for now.Maybe this is the devs fav too.

But i still want to see the Qaher-313 in the game.:yay:

My vote goes for J-31. Simply because right now Iranians have some indigenous gear, a lot of kinda sorta Russian gear but nothing Chinese.

And because I believe that in such geopolitical circumstances Russia would rather be in a state of armed neutrality. It seems that many people quickly assume Russia and Iran to be close allies in Armaverse 2035 - well, it may be the case (A BIS game with Russians not on OpFor side? Hardly) but I just don't see it that way. Economic and political partnership, may be, but not a close alliance were you would give your partner your newest and strategically important weapons. You could say that PAK FA is not really a "strategically important weapon" since we're going to sell its export version FGFA to whoever would buy it, India, Brazil, Vietnam you name it, and you are right, so lets just say I want to see some Chinese hardware for a change.

My vote goes for J-31. Simply because right now Iranians have some indigenous gear, a lot of kinda sorta Russian gear but nothing Chinese.

And because I believe that in such geopolitical circumstances Russia would rather be in a state of armed neutrality. It seems that many people quickly assume Russia and Iran to be close allies in Armaverse 2035 - well, it may be the case (A BIS game with Russians not on OpFor side? Hardly) but I just don't see it that way. Economic and political partnership, may be, but not a close alliance were you would give your partner your newest and strategically important weapons. You could say that PAK FA is not really a "strategically important weapon" since we're going to sell its export version FGFA to whoever would buy it, India, Brazil, Vietnam you name it, and you are right, so lets just say I want to see some Chinese hardware for a change.

Yeah,i think the Pak Fa is the winner.

Off topic:

Man,Brazil could use some Russian planes right now....We are still using F-5's... :S