Sign in to follow this  
code34

War in Takistan 1.6 - Official thread (WIT)

code do you know something about the IEDs? The ones for disarm-training in the base seem to blow off as soon as a player is going there. Did the bis-guys change something in the betas?? Oh yea, i'm using ace, maybe they changed something

im not aware about this problem ;( if you check, do it without using ACE, cause ACE change to much things and i don't support it :)

i don't get the lock/unlock 'n stuff action menu entries on little bird and huey, but on all the cars, tanks etc. , how's that possible? "air" is defined in that function

Hi,

First, thanks to code34 for this great missions, I love it.

Ok, lets go and sorry for my bad English.

I am trying to adapt your missions to FFAA Spanish MOD. Here I not have any problem. I change units and vehicles and it works fine.

The problem that I have is when I try to change de OpFor units to their original island units. I work around Chernarus and Duala. I change config file and classnames. I can change civil people, I can change weapons to the Spanish weapons but when I change enemy forces and vehicles I show a problem with reinforcements units. When detection level is 100% no units are created on the Heavy Factory and Barracks.

Someone is working in change to original OPFOR units?. Any idea?

Code34, other question… Are you working in adapt the mission to Arma3?. It could be great!!!

Thanks for all.

Hi,

First, thanks to code34 for this great missions, I love it.

Ok, lets go and sorry for my bad English.

I am trying to adapt your missions to FFAA Spanish MOD. Here I not have any problem. I change units and vehicles and it works fine.

The problem that I have is when I try to change de OpFor units to their original island units. I work around Chernarus and Duala. I change config file and classnames. I can change civil people, I can change weapons to the Spanish weapons but when I change enemy forces and vehicles I show a problem with reinforcements units. When detection level is 100% no units are created on the Heavy Factory and Barracks.

Someone is working in change to original OPFOR units?. Any idea?

Code34, other question… Are you working in adapt the mission to Arma3?. It could be great!!!

Thanks for all.

look into commoninitconfig , there is one array for special forces , put the classnames in there ( the units that should guard the specific mission) , it will auto-pick a random unit.

For the rest, change the bigger unit array in the same file, must be around in the middle of the file, with East = .... West = .... Put the matching island units in there with each classname and the faction name.. That's what i do all the time..works great.. and that's all you have to do. The script will pick the units from that array to generate the reinforcements at heavy and raxx

Fruity_Rudy, thx,

I did it as you explain, but I do not know why it does not work fine to me. I think I do something bad.

I use the debugger tool and teleport near the objective, force detection level to 100%, then I teleport near barracks and H Factory and nothing happens… When I do the same with the original configuration file it works fine.

I was working with Chernarus and Duala and I had the same result…

Could you exchange the config file from Duala (for example) to know if I forgot something?

Thx a lot for your answer!!!

OK, I was working with Fruity_Rudy and i know what happend.

I define my faction, in the file “WC_fnc_commoninitconfig.sqfâ€. The problema was that there is one variable in the file “server\ WC_fnc_serverinitconfig.sqf†with the variable wcsupportfaction = " BIS_TK ";

In the file “WC_fnc_commoninitconfig.sqf†I erase that OPFOR faction, then when the server try to create a support group it can’t choose tha faction. I change that variable and it works fine.

Thx Fruity_Rudy

i got a strange issue..when i host the mission it runs fine, on ded. server i got a strange lag.. when i run through the base like every 5-10 seconds the frames go down and it goes back to normal.. i have no clue what that could be. All i know is, that it only happens while being on the server.. could it be any ded. server feature?!

i assume it must be something in the mainloop

could it be something regarding the date? i noticed a different time of day when i host compared to running on dedicated server.. code show up, i need it fixed :)

there must be a big difference between "WARCONTEXT: PC V1.6" and "WARCONTEXT: DEDICATED SERVER V1.6" , one thing regarding the dedicated server is causing these lags.. So i guess ihave to wait for code to clear it up

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Hello does anyone know what folder/file to look in to change the starting rank of the units for the mission. I would like to have my units at a different rank at the start of the mission. Right now all units will be set to private. Thanks AVIBIRD 1

afaik it's done with that point transferring system, so no you can't . It's simply looking for "player" , not specific player-names. In this case it's not possible no ..

Or you add spcific code to the admin panel , so admin can transfer as much points as he wants, that would work. So you give everybody a rank before your start out

@ Fruity Rudy Yes it can be done took me three days to find it lol.

Go into the warcontext folder > modules folder > wc _ranking folder > WC_fnc_playerranking .sqf

and change the codelines here>

_count = 0;
_oldscore = score player;

_ranked = [
	15, // Corporal
	30, // Sergeant
	45, // Lieutenant
	60, // Captain
	75, // Major
	90 // Colonel
];

while { true } do {
	if((name player) in wcinteam) then {
		_score = score player;
		_rank = rank player;
		_oldrank = _rank;
		_rank = "Private"; WC_reanimations= 6;
		if((_score > (_ranked select 0)) && (_rank != "Corporal")) then { _rank = "Corporal"; WC_reanimations= 5;};
		if((_score > (_ranked select 1)) && (_rank != "Sergeant")) then { _rank = "Sergeant"; WC_reanimations= 4;};
		if((_score > (_ranked select 2)) && (_rank != "Lieutenant")) then { _rank = "Lieutenant"; WC_nb_reanimations= 3;};
		if((_score > (_ranked select 3)) && (_rank != "Captain")) then { _rank = "Captain"; WC_reanimations= 2;};
		if((_score > (_ranked select 4)) && (_rank != "Major")) then { _rank = "Major"; WC_reanimations= 1;};
		if((_score > (_ranked select 5)) && (_rank != "Colonel")) then { _rank = "Colonel"; WC_reanimations= 0;};
		if (_rank != _oldrank) then {
			_count = _count + 1; 

What are really want is to set only one or two group leaders with a higher rank this sets all players. Still looking how to do this. I am putting in a support script that I am working on that will allow group leaders with the rank of Captain to call in various support units that will follow the group leader around the map/mission and engage on its own. This script will allow a player or only a few players to play mission like WIT,domination,Multi-Session Operations ect.

if((name player) ,as i said before (and i know that script) it's for any player, not for specific ones.. you can rewrite the code if you want. I'm acutally not that interested in that ranking system, i simply want tactical gameplay :)

i have some graphical issue: i can't read the mission info...and more...

How i can disable the screen of information ( player position, ecc. ecc.) on the hud??

on a dedicated server or when you host on your computer? you mean the debug console on the lefst side with teleport , show ai's 'n stuff? should be alt+f for that , and fps counter polus xy-coords alt-L , but it should be displayed on top of that frame, just read bro :)

hi,

To answer to previous question, i don't have time for the moment to support this mission anymore :)

Perhaps, i will come back when i will see ARMA3

Perhaps!?!?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :mad:

At any... thaks for that great mission!

I have a problem when porting version 1.6 of WIT to clafghan Island,

When validating an operation, although gives different locations all named as "Mini al Malak", to port the game, I made a merge with version 1.6 on the island of Takistan.

I need to do so that properly name the different locations?

Greetings and thanks for your fantastic job.

it picks the locations given by the island creator

Thanks for the quick response,

then I must understand it is due to a failure of the map?, I can do something in the edition of the mission to fix it?

Thanks again and Greetings Fruity.

I have a question! Your "Warcontext Engine" can be used in A3!?

yes, some modules can be used ;)

Hey we love this mission very much, can someone help me so the ammo/weapon box autorefills?

Do we need another script for it or is it a setting?

Hey we love this mission very much, can someone help me so the ammo/weapon box autorefills?

Do we need another script for it or is it a setting?

hi, you can set up the refresh time variable in WC_fnc_createammobox.sqf

by default 1800seconds before refresh.

Edited by code34

Anyone know why i cant join the server with this mission with ACE.

Tells me "player with ace: check your addons" but i have activated all ace mods.