Sign in to follow this  
AbortedMan

Aiming Deadzone with TrackIR woes...

It seems whenever I enable the aiming deadzone my Y view axis gets a mind of its own when TrackIR is enabled. With zero input from mouse or TrackIR, my soldier will oscillate between pointing his face/weapon at the ground and sky ceaselessly. I've unbound every view keybind to troubleshoot and it's not related to a key conflict. Anyone else having the same problem and found a fix?

I too have to have aiming dead zone off, it just feels "off" at the moment. I think there is a ticket for it on the bug tracker.

I too have to have aiming dead zone off, it just feels "off" at the moment. I think there is a ticket for it on the bug tracker.

Aiming Deadzone FIX

Yeah it feels like the moment you move out of the aiming deadzone your mouse hits some kind of glue and you need to put some extra effort to rotate around. Needs fixing.

i wonder if it has to do with the chages to ADS.

in ARMA 2 you used to ADS, and pressing ALT would let you look around, but the gun remained pointed where you aimed.

now you actually move the gun in a cone of about 15 degrees off centerline aim

What you guys are describing in your posts and that video is not my issue at all.

This has to do with TrackIR reacting with the aiming deadzone feature on the Y axis. When I look up/down with TrackIR my soldier will alternate looking full up and full down in "gaining momentum" type of movement as if its a swinging pendulum on the Y axis with zero manual mouse input. This only happens with TrackIR activated.

It has nothing to do with the X axis.

I'll post a video showing the issue in a bit.

I have the same issue too AbortedMan! I thought it was just me and something to do with my settings, but I used Dslyexi's settings and it was the same. Brand new trackIR as well.

I'm theorizing it has something to do with your crosshair and head tracking trying to orient themselves with eachother, one is mistakenly hardcode bound to moving the other and its creating a perpetual "correction loop" on the Y axis that doesn't stop until it reaches the limit of the range if movement.

I don't think there is a fix that we can leverage by conventional means at this time.