Sign in to follow this  
Khangirey

Arma 3 Lag Fix (Maybe?)

I think I found the cause of the strange behavior of the mouse: guilty aiming deadzone! when the mouse reaches the edge of it, is dramatically reduced sensitivity (killed me a few times because of it) was very similar to the mouse lag. Put aiming deadzone to zero and it solved the problem, but I hope the developers fix it, because ever since the Operation Flashpoint I always played with the option for realism.

P.S.: I find bug report about this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2294

Edited by Alexx78

I recently copied over my Arma 2 launch settings over to A3, and it seemed to increase performance greatly. I can now play at 60 fps on over 50 man servers and actually enjoy the alpha. Here's what I put:

"-maxmem=8192" "-maxvram=4042" "-cpucount=4" "-exthreads=7" -nosplash -skipintro

Obviously, you're going to have to change some of the numerical values.

If you have a quadcore CPU or higher, leave exthreads at 7.

This fixed the lag (Somewhat) for me, so I'd like to share it with the community if no one has done so already.

what would it be with a Nvidia Zotac Geforce GTX 650 and an intel core 2 quad?

I tried this one

-nosplash -world=empty -skipIntro -maxMem=4096 -maxVram=2048 -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4

My specs:

GeForce GT 740M | Intel Core i5-4200U @ 1.60GHz (4CPUs) ~2.3GHz | 4.00GB Ram | 2048MB DDR3

Is my launch parameters correct? If not, please reply with the correct one. Thanks

I recently got the game and experience random lag where I can here communications fine but my screen is locked up and like 8 seconds later it goes to another frame and so on....Sometimes it returns to normal but sometimes I need to control alt delete out of game...

This happens randomly and is game breaking, sometimes doesnt happen for quite a while...

Vsync off and I have some start up perameters

i920 4ghz

6gb ocz ram

mushkin ssd

asus 770oc

windows 7 64bit

The game can be running perfectly fine with high fps and this happens out of nowhere?????

I recently got the game and experience random lag where I can here communications fine but my screen is locked up and like 8 seconds later it goes to another frame and so on....Sometimes it returns to normal but sometimes I need to control alt delete out of game...

This happens randomly and is game breaking, sometimes doesnt happen for quite a while...

Vsync off and I have some start up perameters

i920 4ghz

6gb ocz ram

mushkin ssd

asus 770oc

windows 7 64bit

The game can be running perfectly fine with high fps and this happens out of nowhere?????

I had the same problem. But mine seems to happen only in Multiplayer Servers. So I think it is a server problem and check you log too see what issues your having or what made you crash your game (if you crash your game)

Aren't "-maxMem" and "-maxVRAM" hard coded to 2047 max? Anything above that falls back to 2047

Yes that seems to be correct. See: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

I read somewhere during alpha that maxmem was boosted to 4gb instead of 2 for arma 3 compared to 2. However, according to the wiki that does not seem to be accurate. In theory, it's not even possible for Windows to allocate more than 2gb of RAM to any 32-bit application anyway. However, as with most theories, all it takes is dedication to bust out something new. But at this point it's an exercise in futility given that 64-bit is very mainstream with the release of Windows 8.

Yes that seems to be correct. See: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

I read somewhere during alpha that maxmem was boosted to 4gb instead of 2 for arma 3 compared to 2. However, according to the wiki that does not seem to be accurate. In theory, it's not even possible for Windows to allocate more than 2gb of RAM to any 32-bit application anyway. However, as with most theories, all it takes is dedication to bust out something new. But at this point it's an exercise in futility given that 64-bit is very mainstream with the release of Windows 8.

Any 32Bit app can use up to 4GB on x64 Windows, and up to 3GB on 32 bit OS with the /3GB switch, as long as the application is Large Address Aware (which Arma 3 is).

i have to laugh everytime when you guys try to set -maxmem=8192... its hardcoded to 2047... or with the special tbbmalloc file its 3071 max...

so whats the point in setting it higher than accepted? just to feed your inner beast?

Hi guys can anyone give me a good set of Launch Params for my Rig, been having issues recently on a number of servers, and think this will help after reading a few threads on it

Intel i5 4670k haswell

Nvidia GTX 580

Ram 8gb

Win 7 64 bit

-nologs -nosplash -cpucount=4 -exthreads=7 -maxvram=2048 (if you have 2gb card, otherwise 1024) -maxmem=3072 (think this just got boosted to 3gb).

Now, I did just a quick test with exthreads=0 and =5. I noticed no difference in terms of FPS.

Running server and client on same machine, both set to same -exthreads.

And screen freezing on MP servers, I think that was because of explosions. Not sure if its been fixed but look the other way otherwise, if you can. Fixes it (til you look at explosion again).