Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

How to change between stable Arma 3 Alpha versions & release candidates @STEAM client

Probably really minor issues (they were talking about a crash if you zoomed in playing as a bunny or similar in the tickets section)...

Yay!

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:58 ----------

Ah here it was: turtles, not bunnies...

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2297

Yay!

How will this affect joining multiplayer games?
Will I be able to play on standard servers with development version?

I would like to echo these questions as I cant find an official response on them.

@ Development Build Users - can you join multiplayer with the dev build? or do you have to opt out to do so?

Could someone explain what this option exactly does?

Updates your game to the latest version, which has been tested even less than the normal alpha.

Could someone explain what this option exactly does?

Its just like arma 2 with beta patches. Arma 3 with patches.

I switched to development - Development Build 2 days ago and no update so far, am I missing something ?

I switched to development - Development Build 2 days ago and no update so far, am I missing something ?

I don't think so.

I've gotten 2 7.5MB updates since I switched.

Could you post your game version please?

Yay!

version has not changed it was just two pbo files update (test) ... patience please ;)

How will this affect joining multiplayer games?

I would like to echo these questions as I cant find an official response on them.

@ Development Build Users - can you join multiplayer with the dev build? or do you have to opt out to do so?

No one?

I've been playing online with the development build.

Can we get an official word on this please?

Its important when it comes to server hosting and what to tell the players.

People are "scared" they wont be able to play on the server once the dev branch speeds up, if the server isnt set to dev branch and the clients are, and ofc vice versa.

I got a 14mb update today...
Why do I seem to never notice these? Does some type of pop up come up, or do you just notice the download in the downloads section in the client?

What is your version number?

Yay!

Why do I seem to never notice these? Does some type of pop up come up, or do you just notice the download in the downloads section in the client?

What is your version number?

Yay!

I saw "1 item complete" in my d/l's. I haven't checked the version yet, but I think it probably hasn't changed

yep, 0.5.102980

I also couldn't join any multiplayer lobby. it would just be 'blank', where normally I would see a player list, and be able to pick my team and class. in the lower left it was saying I use a modified file (not unusual, but the first time I saw that message in A3). I guess the servers need to update...

It would be nice if we could get any information about the updates.

The changelog @ alpha tracker shows nothing. How are we supposed to check the release candidates for fixes/new bugs if we don't get any information about them?

It would be nice if we could get any information about the updates.

The changelog @ alpha tracker shows nothing. How are we supposed to check the release candidates for fixes/new bugs if we don't get any information about them?

I think these developer builds are totally temporary, we will get changelogs only on official updates...

Yay!