Sign in to follow this  
Bee8190

Ability to step up onto boxes and other waste height objects

Seeing as there are items like boxes stacked up on top of each other next a wall, one would thing these are there to allow us get higher ground and being able to see over fences and walls alike. I always missed this feature in arma, being able to climb up onto stack of pallets, boxes or even climb up onto your car roof / bonet and other means of getting the higher ground.

Admittedly, I lack the skill and understanding of what's behind the scenes of arma engine but I imagine it could not be as hard to implement, seeing as BF2 game, now very aged in its teeth had this kind of feature.

Do you think it's possible to implement in current version of RV4 or do you think such feature would be useful in arma game?

How is physx engine related to stepping onto boxes?

I wish that too btw.

I was trying to 'vault' up some of those but ended up just ghosting thru them and sometimes getting stuck in the middle of one :/

Also when falling from a drop ie 2m, would be nice to have a bracing hand animation rather than just a straight stiff bodied drop :whistle:

Hello there

I too, would like to be able to mound/climbover waist/chest high objects. There are many that are navagable in real life that just are not in game. A kind of enhance step over is needed.

A small issue, but one to assist in immersion.

Probably hideously complex for the devs though.

Rgds

LoK

How is physx engine related to stepping onto boxes?

I wish that too btw.

If I am honest I too though physx could play some role in there ;) Basically I thought physx somewhat enhances the iteraction with objects

I was trying to 'vault' up some of those but ended up just ghosting thru them and sometimes getting stuck in the middle of one :/

Also when falling from a drop ie 2m, would be nice to have a bracing hand animation rather than just a straight stiff bodied drop :whistle:

Tried it just about anywhere and happens as you describe, the soldier ''sinks'' into objects, even if they're only 30-50cm high.

Anyways, I was hoping somebody could shed a light of what the issue is or why is it complicated to achive this? How'd they do it with BF2 that is now probably 8 years old? I doubt it's the models themselfs, maybe some attach to walkaround could work?

Following the discussion here, I agree with you. It would be great to climb / climb boxes, walls, etc..

But above all, the fall animations should be worked for ARMA III

I imagine that to generate/recreate an animation should be something very difficult to do, but for a game of 2013 so clumsy animation should not be allowed: P

same problem with me.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

With all this talk about vaulting, lets just talk about the ridiculous animation for it and beg that to be changed. Who here thinks they can perform that acrobatic feat with a full combat load? I certainly can't even lift my rear leg to my armpit like the current animation.