Sign in to follow this  
Nikoteen

6.5 mm and recoil management in game

Recoil doesnt seem too bad to me.

This is coming from someone who has fired the M16A2, SAW, 240B, and the Mk-19.

When firing the M16 (which is probably more closely related to the weapons in this game) even with proper trigger control/breath control there is a solid amount of recoil. Typically you slowly pull the trigger at the top or bottom of your breath, fire, slightly release the trigger until you hear the click, fire again at top or bottom of breath. Firing just 2 rounds as quickly as possible (or three round burst) creates a decent amount of recoil, no matter how well you position the butt of the rifle in your shoulder.

The SAW, no matter how tight you held it would shoot as someone mentioned above, in a circular left right up down sort of 'spray'.

If anything I think the recoil is easier to manage in this game.

Yea agreed, I think the recoil and a tad too easy to manage standing, crouched. And too easy to aim with heavy weapons standing.

ACE is only available for Arma 2, it's ading recoil because A2 was too far in the other direction. Too little recoil. SCAR 17's were like .22's.

ACE is only available for Arma 2, it's ading recoil because A2 was too far in the other direction. Too little recoil. SCAR 17's were like .22's.

There is ACE for armed assault (arma1), in which i think is the most realistic recoil there has ever been since 2007, arma 2s was kind of meh too plastic, while arma 3 recoil makes me sick, if it had realistic recoil in that game it would be 3 times more immersive. It just doesnt feel like firing a rifle...

Frankly milos, you can only get so close to realistic feelings in game, but I do see what you mean that it isn't an immersive feeling.

Yes I am all for a better recoil system, it's called "kick back" after all not 'kick up'

The recoil is absolutely fine.

Nobody would be complaining if 1 shot had the potential to kill or seriously wound. The problem stems from the need to hit someone 10 times thus making the recoil annoying.

Arma 2s damage model + arma 3s recoil = perfect combination.