Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Did BI push an update?

Nothing has changed for me, still get 10fps in the village and 15-16fps outside, everything lowest or off. Not bad on a sub min spec laptop!

Placebo effect, the version number didn't change, files didn't change (go look at the last modified date on the files).

You sure? The SteamDB website is claiming that they updated the development branch last night. I guess its possible other files in the depot changed and not the exe.

Edit: Never mind, I looked at it with fresh eyes after sleeping. Both branches have the same (steam) build number. They simply moved something around.

This can be another placebo, personally it doesn't change anything for me.

No placebo for me. It works everytime I try it.

LOL, my FPS seemed to take a nosedive since yesterday -just tried the Helo showcase and averaged 10fps!?! On a 2500k 4.5/680

Settings don't seem to matter and yesterday I was averaging 25-30. I have no idea how people are averaging 30-40fps.....defragging....

We did not yet update (especially on the default branch). The Development branch will soon be getting its first updates.

Note that the helicopter showcase's performance is a special case and known issue to be improved :)

In general, defragging and SSD are definitely major factors in performance boosts, but we are also still doing many optimizations wherever and whenever we can.

Steam is a way to make and keep in touch with friends over games. It's also the most established and ethical virtual game store out there. It is often seen/chosen as a form of DRM (digital rights management) but it's easily circumvented, unfortunately.

More on DRM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Every game is cracked a couple of days after launch, iirc one exception was sleeping dogs that took a week or something, heard it was because of some obscure new drm it had.

I do have an SSD but...I always had ARMA 3 on SSD soo....hmm well in any case I am much happier with the game. I did however end up sticking with 150% 3d res instead of 200. Why would 50% make such a huge difference on a 4GB VRAM card? I did have better FPS at 200% however so that is not the sole cause of my better frames.

Also just so noone mistakens Dwarden, he means defragging HDD, you should never Defrag SSDs.

No update, you'll know there is when Steam has like 1 item done downloading in the bottom, unless there wasn't.

And if there was, BI would announce it and I will jump from joy of new Update for a new game, like every game ever.

We did not yet update (especially on the default branch). The Development branch will soon be getting its first updates.

:0 definitely choosing to opt in when I get home!