Sign in to follow this  
Tehnloss

FOV still a bit messy

The FOV (Field of View) in Arma2 was for me the most annoying part of the game. Unfortunatly, A3Alpha inherits some of those problems:

- the default one is way too narrow for me (a slider to choose the default FOV in the option menu would be perfect)

- the Numbpad + and - are totally counter-intuitive.

- some weapon sights modify the FOV, it's annoying and disorientating for me and I've to redo the double-tap Numbpad stuff

- FOV in vehicles is also different, I would love to be able to have a fixed FOV (this point, like the one above, is a bit a matter of taste, but I would love to be able to set a fixed FOV, even if i'll have some clipping)

- Sometimes, I also found myself locked with some very narrow FOV after zooming with a scope. But it's more like a bug I think, I'm not able to reproduce it unfortunatly.

Beside of that, it's a marvellous work Bohemia. Thank you.

Exactly my thoughts. A slider would be the best thing they could implement. I've manually changed mine in the text files but even that doesn't seem to have done much. Wouldn't be a hard thing to implement either, a slider that is. As for the weapons and vehicles they should all auto default to whatever your slider is set at.

I found it very odd that it hasn't been included yet, considering it's pretty much standard in every single pc game out there now, even the terrible console ports.

I feel the same way as OP does regarding fixed FOV, it's a must for a simulator in my opinion. Consistency is key.

Would love for there to be a letter box option as well.

You change the FOV by using a text editor on your Arma 3 profile. A Google search for "How to change FOV in Arma 2" will yield an in-depth guide.

I also had a custom FOV mod I made for A2, may make one again for Arma 3 and actually release it but more interested in playing than in tweaking configs right now. :D

I completely agree, an FOV slider is a necessity for ArmA 3. I have my FOV at 88 in ArmA 2 and can barely play without it. It's not like it's something difficult to implement. Configuring a text file is not very practical and no noob friendly either.

I completely agree, an FOV slider is a necessity for ArmA 3. I have my FOV at 88 in ArmA 2 and can barely play without it. It's not like it's something difficult to implement. Configuring a text file is not very practical and no noob friendly either.
you can have a FOV slider already since ArmA1...use a Joystick axis and assign "continous zoom in" and "...out" to it, voila...zoom control at at your hands in game.

Agreed, the default FOV is far too narrow, and I only play on a 24" screen. It's especially noticeable when you're in a vehicle.

you can have a FOV slider already since ArmA1...use a Joystick axis and assign "continous zoom in" and "...out" to it, voila...zoom control at at your hands in game.

Lol Beagle, you're telling me I have to set up a joystick (which I do) to be able to have an FOV slider? Once again, not very practical. But oh well, it's better than nothing right?