SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

In the COOP version, gear is transfered after dieing. For some reason it puts pistol as active weapon, but if using mouse scroll the other weapon(s) should be there too. I try to tweak it that the rifle is set as active.

The resistance contact is mystery, that part have worked for me everytime. You just need to stand close to the man who in cell. I will see for possible bug in the condition.

The chopper issues are more tricky, especially those last two. AI flying cant be edited much if at all.

I try to add options soon to replace CSAT with certain optional addons/A2 units.

In some cases the gear transfer when reaspawn but in others (the most) the player appears only with a pistol (the primary weapon and, for example, a rpg o titan disappear). In all cases before the player die he have this gear with some ammo magazzines remain.

Sorry my bad english.

Also happened once now for me - seems like if player is in vehicle when dieing, gear is lost. I try to fix that.

Anyway to stop your team automatically appearing where you respawn when you die? Had a convoy of vehicles heading out and then i was off scouting on my own, i died and then when i respawn all my men were with me on foot and my vehicles god knows where which sucked as they cost loads.

Also when buying vehicles/planes/uavs etc is it possible to just have them spawn where you aim? Tanks blowing up because of bad spawns and i couldn't even find my uav which i bought twice. Other than this im really enjoying your mission, playing arma 3 again after months its great. Great job!

I agree with above post. Many times vehicles spawning at bad location and exploding even when we buy from menu. Also could you add armored flying UAV for buy or call for support?. Because AR-2 Darter its so useless without any weapons.

Edited by dostunuz

Anyone else have an issue with saving?

I'm at a loss... Do we have to be at a camp? Or have some other thing ticked to have it work?

Anyone? The issues started with the latest update that added the little SHIFT-1 gadget... Anyone?

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Figured it out...

Seems after going through all my mods again... ALiVE is incompatible with your missions... Both WLA and WLS... No worries, yours is worth it...

You just need to stand close to the man who in cell.

I tried. Then I ran a truck through the fence to be even closer. Eventually I tried killing him, he couldn't be killed either.

I did notice one thing though if it helps. When I originally came to the camp, I killed all enemy soldiers and for a brief second a heap of other soldiers (friendly) appeared and then disappeared. It was then that I tried to talk to him and nothing happened

I agree with above post. Many times vehicles spawning at bad location and exploding even when we buy from menu. Also could you add armored flying UAV for buy or call for support?. Because AR-2 Darter its so useless without any weapons.

The darter is just for surveillance or scouting a pace out before you move in, there is a uav with weapons. Unfortunately i scan an area think its safe and then halfway through a field a group of enemys spawn right infront of my eyes :D

Seems after going through all my mods again... ALiVE is incompatible with your missions...

Isn't ALiVE incompatible with SP saves anyway?

The guardpost state isnt related to the POW cell, but strange I will try to search how the task can get bugged.

Will add option to block team-mate relocating during respawn, that have caused grey hair for me too. Aiming location for purchased vehicle would be good idea too, will try to add that. There need to be some condition to check that player is aiming close, but if not the vehicle could get random position as before.

Armed UAV can be get from camps, but could add it also as support call if getting it work (waypoint system is bit different than for other vehicles).

Edited by SaOk

Whats the recommended saving procedure then? I know theres save options on the esc menu and then theres the unlimited save thing in the radio menus..I only ask as i played yesterday, saved and then tried to load today and the file was corrupt.

this can have more points why this happen:

Maybe u have...:

-updated ur Arma Version

-changed from Stable to Devbranch

-incompatible mods

Thats fair enough i suppose, just making sure any way of saving is ok. Last question, why do your planes disappear when you fast travel somewhere? I left my jet at an airfield while i went to help defend a camp and when i travelled back it was gone.

That happens often, only SaOk can tell you why this happens. But i play since the release this mission, a good advice is to use the Jet instantly cause the enemy will not wait and they throw a battalion of Soldiers and tanks to recapture the airfield u have.

Yea i fast traveled to get a parachute at another base and then when i travelled back it was gone, would be nice to buy something and then use it but when you're done be able to store it for another time.

Only vehicles that player had visited are saved, but will change it for purchased vehicles.

New SP WLA version is here (dropbox, steam, withSix). Purchased vehicles now appear at pointed position if its suitable (and close), respawn can be set faster/team-mates may set to stay where they were instead of relocating with player, some other tweaks

Great updates thanks for the new version!

Unfortunately AI still follow you when you fast travel but at least not now when you die if you choose not too. Still having some extremely annoying problems with respawns though personally, for example i die attacking an objective and then i respawn right in the middle of a field nearby where it takes me so long to stand up by which time im just shot again before i get the chance to do anything. Also AI squads just appearing right by you is extremely annoying because their aim is so good even on normal difficulty that you're dead before you turn around and realise where they are. I know AI behaviour is beyond your control its just something that annoys me as i've tried some AI mods and they all seem to conflict with the mission.

If you could respawn back at a basecamp it would make it better (at least in my opinion) or at least be given some kind of choice, i realise i've posted a lot in the last few days and am probably annoying you so apologies for that, just really enjoying the mission. For the most part anyway.

Is there any good AI mods that work with this gamemode? I think having more realistic fights with my AI and enemy AI would make it a lot more interesting. Right now its just shot, shot and i'm dead before i even see anything.

U can use ASR_AI3, i use it in the mission. It´s cool, with the AI mod enemy will search buildings when u hide in the building. Vanilla AI is too stupid for this decision

Increasing life range could reduse the battles some bit, since the same amount of patrols spawn in bigger random range. As downside more vehicle zones can be active, but I think it should overally be bit easier. But will work on the respawn tweaks, there could be more customization in it.

I tried that mod aswell as AISS but the AI seem worse than ever, they walked with weapons raised even in safe mode, dont respond to orders etc. Really annoying but ill try it again.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Increasing life range could reduse the battles some bit, since the same amount of patrols spawn in bigger random range. As downside more vehicle zones can be active, but I think it should overally be bit easier. But will work on the respawn tweaks, there could be more customization in it.

Great thanks. I have always left that setting because i never understood what it did but i'll give it a try.

Does the Life range also reduce the despawning of enemy units?

I just had all of the vehicles in a CSAT held outpost disappear on me after i looked away from in for a few seconds.

It was only 800m away, and when i looked back at it, an APC and an MRAP was gone.

Yes, life range reduce despawing ranges too. Those camps are removed at 900m as default (bigger distance if flying (2.5x) or life range is set higher (1.0-1.5x)). I may try to tweak it some more but overally big distances are not supported properly in order to keep FPS good. But if you set life range to +50%, that despawning also happen only after ~1400m.

I tried that mod aswell as AISS but the AI seem worse than ever, they walked with weapons raised even in safe mode, dont respond to orders etc. Really annoying but ill try it again.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Great thanks. I have always left that setting because i never understood what it did but i'll give it a try.

Did u tried the newest version of ASR? The Author released a new version last Saturday or Sunday. I use this as well