SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Please help...I almost finished the map but then all of a sudden I wasnt able to build anymore, I could only build fortresses. I tried a couple new updates and posted a while back on the forum but there was no change, I decided to start from scratch and got inserted by boat, tookout a beachcamp but I am still unable to build anything besides a fortress. I also bought a big construction truck but there was no change, am I missing something or is my game bugging out? I havent installed any new mods, it just kind of stopped.

Also, if I start a new game with a helo insertion it just hovers and doesnt land..I really miss playing this map lol, pwz help

I improved the constuct-system scripts for this update, shouldnt stop working anymore. There was one variable stucking sometimes. For me the insertion helo have always landed, not sure if there is some mod causing conflict with that? Especially if it happens very often then it caused by mods for sure. Still havent yet tested the insertion with latest DEV-version if there is some bug in that.

Yes, CSAT attacks on Green camps should work again now, but didnt manage to test it properly yet (because of the crashing).

Edited by SaOk

Had again this extreme stuttering, so i´ve decided to stutter me through the game, with x4timespeed, the stuttering is growing after every cylcle (up to 30 seconds i think) but then a wonder happened. I resued this POW Clown and the stutter was gone. Hope this information help you SaOk.

Got since yesterday problems with TPW Hud, never had this, its confusing. Sometimes the Squares which shows enemy shown up real late, sometimes i see the squares when i´ve using "Wait Time 4h

Confusion everywhere^^

Good to know, I will check that task right away. Was it the civilian pow in CSAT camp or resistance contact in prison camp?

so i decided to take the "player needs" one more spin and i found out i was too busy looking for food and water in each of every house i see, more than military stuff.

could you add an option to buy food on villages and water on camps?

Will improve the player needs system at some point, making it more rare and connected to mission time. And there could be definitely places to buy drinks and food.

Good to know, I will check that task right away. Was it the civilian pow in CSAT camp or resistance contact in prison camp?

It was the POW after talked first time to civilians, in that case CivPOW in CSAT Camp

I improved the constuct-system scripts for this update, shouldnt stop working anymore. There was one variable stucking sometimes. For me the insertion helo have always landed, not sure if there is some mod causing conflict with that? Especially if it happens very often then it caused by mods for sure. Still havent yet tested the insertion with latest DEV-version if there is some bug in that.

Yes, CSAT attacks on Green camps should work again now, but didnt manage to test it properly yet (because of the crashing).

Thanks I will try updated version.

I was pondering about an idea...what if instead of enemy spawning in randomly, they actually spawned in at bases and mounted vehicles and then doployed to where they would have been inserted? Helos and trucks/APCs etc

Make a sort of "hornets nest" effect where reinforcements (AI trying to retake objectives) would have to originate from? Would be slower but would implement an element of logistics and support, might even dynamically progress to a point where if you intercept/ambush enemy reinforcements then an attack on a target base would be effected...side missions could be created from that too.

The enemy patrols are brought already with choppers land and vehicles from nearest CSAT camp. After you capture camps and there in no CSAT camp under 4km away no foot patrols arrive anymore, if there is camp under 6km then also choppers dont appear. Will change the choppers come from CSAT airfields instead.

but you have to make them spawn somewhere when they are finally overrun, the more land you have the more your army spreads thin, the less the... i forgot the rest of the words

----

yup it crashed, i guess ill wait for the next version for a while

Fault time: 2014/08/02 00:44:42

Fault address: 00B15216 01:00714216 D:\Program Files (x86)\Arma 3\arma3.exe

file: WholeLottaAltis (__cur_sp)

world: altis

Prev. code bytes: 8B CE FF D0 8B 57 0C 0F B6 C0 F7 D8 1B C0 23 C6

Fault code bytes: 8B 88 D0 00 00 00 F3 0F 10 81 C8 0E 00 00 8B 42

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:20220100 EDX:014A09A0

ESI:20220100 EDI:1F2A3778

CS:EIP:0023:00B15216

SS:ESP:002B:01E0F000 EBP:00000000

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\miguel\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3_2014-08-02_00-38-30.mdmp

Edited by xrook

If someone is using DEV-build, I recommend to switch back to official build. Its much more stable currently. Also to avoid lost progress, remember that there is new autosave option in shift+1 options.

The crash reports are better sent for BIS. Cant get anything out of those myself.

Finally started again to build up a proper base, but it isnt easy with the new pack of enemys are all around^^ They stopped my building session as i was 50%-55% finished with it. For this action it was clear: a couple of Clowns must die.

I crashed with a smile into the ground as i have killed some of the building session intruders^^

Here some pics to my story ^^

1ddi94.jpg 2u2dr3.jpg 3fce5g.jpg 4qvetw.jpg 56bcd5.jpg 61udba.jpg 77hcbi.jpg

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the latest sp version, and approached civilian, and asked about resistance, they said they would mark it on my map, but I can't see it anywhere. Its also gone from my list of TASK's and I can't ask the question again.

any ideas ?

I tried zooming out, but can see not red flag or text, I can see text for other missions, I get from villagers tough.

Then u have 2 options:

• Saving and loading the save (sometimes the mission will load missing things when u reload)
  • Restart from beginning, you losing 5 minutes of your time.

by the way: you can talk to every civilian on Altis, you dont need to reach the point which is marked on your HUD. Simply ask any civilian the resistance contact question ;)

means that you can ask right the first civ you will see after you get out of the Helo or Boat

greets

Then u have 2 options:

• Saving and loading the save (sometimes the mission will load missing things when u reload)
  • Restart from beginning, you losing 5 minutes of your time.

by the way: you can talk to every civilian on Altis, you dont need to reach the point which is marked on your HUD. Simply ask any civilian the resistance contact question ;)

means that you can ask right the first civ you will see after you get out of the Helo or Boat

greets

he got the same problem like me...

that's reason why im stoped play this awesome mission >_<

btw, the marker of "meet resis' contract" is on the map, but its outside of sea at 7'oclock lol

i hope the new one comes out soon, i kinda replaced my rar with the new one, and the new one keeps crashing on me

---

what version are you guys on?

he got the same problem like me...

that's reason why im stoped play this awesome mission >_<

btw, the marker of "meet resis' contract" is on the map, but its outside of sea at 7'oclock lol

Like i said, just restart the mission and ask the first civilian you see the question.. Thats 5 minutes u need to invest into this and the mission goes on then...

I tried to make that meet resistance location appear more stable in recent update, but checking it again. Havent got that issue myself, but it could be possible. Updates coming soon, but restarting should help since that should be very rare issue.

Just added gap for active vehicle zones (the map markers), rest will be in reserve state waiting for room to spawn. It will help much for performance if many zones pile up in same location. You can also tweak the gap (as default set max 2 active vehicle zones per side). Preparing other additions, and planning to release update later today.

Remember not to play the mission with current DEV-version of the game, its unplayable at least for me. Crashing once in 15 minutes. Official Build is much more stable, but still crashed once in hour or two. To avoid lost progress, remember to enable autosave from shift+1 options.

i forgot to tell you during my play time in the crashy version i was trying to rescue the POW civilian but he was placed next to an MRAP, there is no way i could rescue him without taking it out... but blast radius will also kill the POW so im kinda stuck in that situation... trying to go around the base and just pop its tires......

shouldnt the POWs be placed inside a cell or something?

Yes, may add cell later after updating camp scripts first unless making the cell just dissapear after releasing the pow.

Found out the camp walls were multiplying with 10% change on each custom save load. Its also fixed in the upcoming version, but to remove the mutliplyed big walls, restart will be needed.

Mission crashes permanentley, i´m sick of this. I´ll switch back to a version which can run 1 hour without a crash. Did a dev told you why your mission crashes for some reason?

No, but something unstable with physX and also map view with the dev-build.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

New WLA SP update. Mod vehicles can be now called via support call (if adding them in shift+1 mod section to matching lists), active vehicle zones have now max gap per side (rest will wait in reserve state until allowed to spawn, gap can be set in shift+1 options, the bigger gap the bigger performance hit), some other tweaks and fixes.

this one with no crashes every 15 min right?