[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

this appeared as soon as task "defend beach near zeloran" appeared

if !(BIS_fnc_advHint_hintHandlers) then {

_>

Error position: <BIS_fnc_advHint_hintHandlers) then {

_>

Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_advhint_hinthandle

---

im 500 meters away from the task "ambush convoy" only thing thats left is for me to wait for it to activate and spawn then a minute later, boom! task failed :(

---

my GMG(A)s after returning to green base, did not spawn correctly it was suppose to be on top of the bunker

http://i60.tinypic.com/dqgqb5.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2h50i0x.jpg

and the ones ive put on top of the barricades disappeared too

Edited by xrook

Mission works again with dev-version too, seems like the wandering/following animals caused the issues. Reported them. Will not add the feature back until its 100% stable.

Mission updates soon again, fixed already the guardposts to spawn objects before static weapons, making them appear correctly. Before it worked randomly (if the weapon hadnt dropped yet enough, when objects appeared).

Cool, looking forward to it :) How is it with "Templates" mean such complete bases (small/medium sized) when it be possible to buy such, of course for a lot of prestige points, but when earning points fast there should be possibility to spend it for a expensive object in just a blink of an eye ^^

looking forward for the static weapon fix, i am not choosing a manned static weapon anymore (especially the GMGs) because dumb asses keep shooting even they know their target is behind a wall

I looks like VAA uses the U key. So does WLA (I think). So I guess unless you can change the VAA keybinding, or WLA changes it's keybinding, then they are incompatible.

I see.. well thanks for that stlassen

Small WLA SP update. Some fixes and tweaks (made factories/storages should load right now after loading mission progress, static weapons should appear more correct when respawned).

Hey SaOk, i though about this kind of bases (i build it fast, so sorry if the Lamps are not correctly or the attacking Jet are missplaced) bases with some kind of research crap on the ground and those research boob like bunkers) and the assembled device, ithought this could be cool for immersion and stuff^^ just an idea

1zlxp4.jpg 2pbzwh.jpg 3uybba.jpg 4usl8u.jpg 5vzzmr.jpg

Sure, something like that definitely. Camps/guardposts could have much different structures randomly. Havent tried the assembled device, but if it have that orange lamp then its a must have. :) I tried earlier to create different kinds of light effects, but at the end couldnt make those look good when there isnt proper light source object. I wish they had bigger distance moveable spotlights.

"rescue civilian pow" task just failed itself for unknown causes, im still 1.3 klicks away

im guessing some vehicle spawned on top of the civilian

I've noticed 5 or 6 support vehicles (HEMMT's) driving aimlessly around the area of Base Wolf. The AI driving are really stupid, driving into things, getting wrecked, killing people etc. Why they are their, I don't know. I did call for support HEMMT's and got the three that I asked for. After that, I saw an other two at least of each driving around in the area within 1-2 km of the base. They are definately a danger to all, including them selves.

Cheers

New Hotfix WLA Update. Tweaks and fixes (own made factory effect multiplying issue fixed/stopped), guards arrive to guardposts now sharing the vehicle.

Edit: Quick fix, one harmless error popped.

Edited by SaOk

bought a mortar support

Error in expression <"Ping_New_Available", BIS_SUPP_channels select ([WEST, EAST, RESISTANCE] find si>

Error position: <select ([WEST, EAST, RESISTANCE] find si>

Error Zero divisor

File A3\modules_f\supports\procedures\refreshMainWindow.sqf, line 45

---

suggestion:

make angry villagers stop throwing things at me for 1 minute when i point my gun in their face

---

bug:

build things with a hemtt BOX that reduces construction cost by 40% or any vehicle that reduces cost, buy anything expensive (600 prestige) and then undo giving you back full price (1000 prestige)

---

what are the chance of CSAT winning a guarded camp skirmish? i have never seen CSAT win so far

at the start there were tons of vehicle zones but after establishing enough guard posts there are only a few of them left around the map

http://i58.tinypic.com/64flw4.jpg

since then things are becoming settling more and more

---

why does the 'gear drop' support have to disappear? i was using them as a "nearby hidden cache" of my own

well... i do agree its map markers are making the map messy with all the "supply drop here" around the map, but maybe you could make the words disappear moments later but still leave the map marker

---

i just had the stupidest idea... instead of putting up an AA static weapon on top of the fortress why not an AA tank instead :D

i hope it doesnt explode when i return to base

http://i61.tinypic.com/vct47p.jpg

it... wasnt a good idea...

http://i62.tinypic.com/axb7nb.jpg

2 AT missiles to its face and both my base and the AA tank exploded :yay:

---

poor guy... getting squashed by that stack of bricks

http://i60.tinypic.com/2iqo5mv.jpg

---

they do try to take back their part of their map but they already ran out of vehicle zones :p

http://i58.tinypic.com/vwwwfc.jpg

does this mean i win??

---

this still counts a POW cell right?

http://i58.tinypic.com/ridr3c.jpg

---

you should just keep this

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qbby4p.jpg

and this

http://i60.tinypic.com/ixt6pv.jpg

as an indicator that an enemy is attacking a friendly camp instead of that giant orange marker that takes like 4 klicks of the map

---

i still have to guess that the task you get from allied solders still arnt fixed yet, so im not gonna do it anymore until theres a confirmation

Edited by xrook

Do you play with low details? I would never play a game with such low details (this is no offense, just a personal thing) maybe i am kind of "good graphics liker" or it´s just looks strange for me, maybe it´s cause i didnt see a game with low details since never. I´ll use Multi-GPU Systems since over 10 years or so, maybe thats why i am so confused about such graphics ^^

graphics never bothered me, heck a few months ago i just played mechwarrior 4 mercenaries, a good game is still a good game

edit:

well... if i look closely i guess i wont mind upping the AA

Thanks :) for big feedback again. Working on fixes slowly. There is quite much to tweak and add so some aspects may take more time to get updated. Will try to increase difficulty very soon. Today made the pow cell have 3 slots for pows and improved guardpost generateing scripts to get bigger posts (e.g. NATO, Greek and CSAT HQ's) spawned that way. Updates soon in day or few.

i think enemy vehicle zones simply need some sort of spawn point, CSAT bases should do i think. the lesser CSAT bases the more frequent they spawn

Bug:

I bought a mortar rom a factory, disassembled it, moved it elsewhere, assembled it, and it vanished into thin air *poof*. Gone. ;)

Hmm... Possible bug:

UI and AI started acting really slow.

It started right after finishing a task in which I got 4 new men.

Before the AI would react as expected... After the AI was very slow to react, if it reacted at all.

Before the UI screens would show up quickly... After the UI could take several seconds to show and it was also very slow updating and reacting to actions.

The only difference as I see it is, I cleared a building of persians that was terrorising the town and got 4 men joining my team. Right after that, it's like the scripts started running slower.

Reloading the mission or restarting A3 hadn't helped.

I will now try to restart the WLA game from scratch and try to reproduce it.

Cheers :)

Hmm... Possible bug:

UI and AI started acting really slow.

It started right after finishing a task in which I got 4 new men.

Before the AI would react as expected... After the AI was very slow to react, if it reacted at all.

Before the UI screens would show up quickly... After the UI could take several seconds to show and it was also very slow updating and reacting to actions.

The only difference as I see it is, I cleared a building of persians that was terrorising the town and got 4 men joining my team. Right after that, it's like the scripts started running slower.

Reloading the mission or restarting A3 hadn't helped.

I will now try to restart the WLA game from scratch and try to reproduce it.

Cheers :)

You should install the mod "Moduload", it initializes the inits from the mods u are using in the mission. Moduload is a "must-have" specially when u want to load your savegames. For example: some mods didnt work correctly after loading savegames, moduload fixes such things with the reinitialization ;)

doesnt it double the already initialized mods?

i remember having LEA, used moduload and it doubled, saved & load again the next time i think it went trippled

So far i know nothing doubles, and i use 39 mods when playing WLA. Without moduload a bunch of mods wouldnt work after loading a savegame. I can only give this suggestion when you have problems with serveral actions or soemthing ;)

The CooP map fills my rpt with this error:

_sortedArray set [count _sortedArray,_selectedItem];

_sortedValues set [count>

2014/08/09, 16:19:43 Error position: <_selectedItem];

_sortedValues set [count>

2014/08/09, 16:19:43 Error Undefined variable in expression: _selecteditem

2014/08/09, 16:19:43 File A3\functions_f\Arrays\fn_sortBy.sqf, line 131

2014/08/09, 16:19:43 Error in expression <

and your mission overides asr_ai ?

Edited by SSchmidt