SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

SaOk, I think you really need to make the civilian vehicles not spawn inside military outposts. There is a base in the Molos airfield where civilian vehicles spawn and istantly blow up 100% of the time.

Thanks, :)

checking the bugs. Already tweaking the parked cars not to appear in military areas, there is check if the position is taken and better obstacle check. New mission update coming soon (in day or few).

The respawn script is very integrated, but its made with damage eventhandler. If player is about to get damage enough to be killed, the damage value is stopped (returning zero) and respawn event played with player set immortal for that time. The newer version also clones player and switch player to control the new unit (to make AI forget player), but that causes much stuff to dissapear (tasks, briefing, modules...), all need to be copied to new unit. Gets very complex. I may try to release some of my functions as addons or scripts once the competition is over, before need to focus all arma-time to improve the mission.

checking the bugs. Already tweaking the parked cars not to appear in military areas, there is check if the position is taken and better obstacle check. New mission update coming soon (in day or few).

The respawn script is very integrated, but its made with damage eventhandler. If player is about to get damage enough to be killed, the damage value is stopped (returning zero) and respawn event played with player set immortal for that time. The newer version also clones player and switch player to control the new unit (to make AI forget player), but that causes much stuff to dissapear (tasks, briefing, modules...), all need to be copied to new unit. Gets very complex. I may try to release some of my functions as addons or scripts once the competition is over, before need to focus all arma-time to improve the mission.

thanks :) its one of the best mission out there, a mix of gta, far cry 3 and battlefield :)

I think something is wrong with the "placing Minefield" function. When select to place a minefield with 5 mines your teammate runs to desired point but he is placing only 1 or 2 mines and then just stand there for 1 minute until he stick back to the team

New WLA SP update: Civilians react on gunpointing, added dynamic AAN News (WIP - currently in gear menu), added random chapter events (WIP - currently only two of them), magazines moved/removed now from selected container in gear function, better spawning LOS check, less exploding vehicles, much other tweaks, fixes and small additions.

Checking the minefield function at somepoint better again. There is some strange behaviour with certain script commands related to that. Its more extra feature.

this is not from the new update

just now we were inserted next to an AA gun, it was a what the shit moment

http://i60.tinypic.com/24lsphl.jpg (138 kB)

lucky it dropped us off soon enough

http://i58.tinypic.com/qwy72s.jpg (161 kB)

holy shit this is awesome, i can see my squads skills and i got above average ones at the start

Edited by xrook

:) the WLA-menu is still work in progress, just including the text wall with selectable "view"'s. Will list the custom button better, also make event log look more clear, the skill display would need some tweaking too and could add some other sections too. The team-mate skills btw improve now too, randomly after each 15 minutes.

Once playing more, the new AAN news section in gear section, write of past events. Will add more events appear in that.

hell yes! anyway

at the start i wasnt even below 4 members and i already got a reinforcement squad joining up with me, well the 6th member died for unknown reasons though

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ennn21.jpg (153 kB)

also is this normal? no boats? or are they just some sort of swim team?

http://i62.tinypic.com/1ysizm.jpg

Q: aiminshake, higher better or lower?

bug:

your new 'civilians will now react to when a gun is pointed at him" interrupted the POWs AI of him suppose to run away, now he wont move

http://i60.tinypic.com/w18iko.jpg

nvm, the task continued as is normally

Edited by xrook

Will check the boats, those should work normally. Maybe their boat got destroyed on the way. Aiming shake should be the same as before (except when team-mates got more skill slowly).

Error in expression <t = _t + 1;};

_ret = _this select _i;

_ret

} else {

_this

};

>

Error position: <_ret

} else {

_this

};

>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\ReturnRandom.sqf, line 10

Error in expression <s";

_p = _c call RETURNRANDOM;

while {_p in _c} do {_c = _c - [_p];};

missionn>

Error position: <_p in _c} do {_c = _c - [_p];};

missionn>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _p

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\SharedFuncs2.sqf, line 30

Error in expression <setvariable ["RandomEvents",_c];

switch _p do {

case "CSATAIR": {_n = [0,20,"CSA>

Error position: <_p do {

case "CSATAIR": {_n = [0,20,"CSA>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _p

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\SharedFuncs2.sqf, line 32

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

an MRAP just killed me, i thought it surrendered because it turned purple (both in TPW hud and in map)

i was kinda skeptical at first but i had to go near and check it out then BOOM!!

---

chapter 2 and 3 just appeared on screen and i havnt even finished "Meet Georgopulus" yet

Edited by xrook

Again get massive stuttering after 10 or 12 Tasks were open . And again i need to start the mission form the beginning :mad:

Hotfixed that error. Tweaking the random chapters later. Will also search for possible cause for that stutter. So far worked smooth for me, but need longer testrun.

Edit: But the tasks shouldnt cause much load. Player needs and the strategic point tasks have nothing running and many other tasks just wait player to appear close first, before creating anything. I suspect the attack/defend events could be bit heavy. I try to clean code for those soon.

Edited by SaOk

ship spawn on land

http://i60.tinypic.com/2epple8.jpg

---

allied troops did the same thing as the CSAT guys earlier

http://i57.tinypic.com/e86cko.jpg

---

i have no idea if this is yours but it occurred as soon as i accepted a 'rescue civilian POW' reward storage task

Error in expression <i" from 0 to _fadetime step _delay do {

_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>

Error position: <_grpIconColor set [0,(_grpIconColor sele>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpiconcolor

File A3\modules_f\marta\data\scripts\fnc_effect.sqf, line 35

No speaker given for Liao Chen

---

i see why it was so peaceful on my last game, if there is no CSAT marked units on the map, enemies wont spawn

ever since these guys spawned on map (started "help NATO forces enter..." task) enemies keeps spawning now, for now...

http://i61.tinypic.com/5dqpvt.jpg

the solution for the "peace" problem is for these guys to spawn and attack our bases from time to time

Edited by xrook

Patrols should spawn normally, but noticed the CSAT attacks on camp was disabled. Update coming later today. That error is from game, dosent sometimes seem to like units getting deleted.

your cutscenes keep zooming(whatever you call it, close cam?) into the person, either me or the one im talking to. why not make it normal like the ones in the show or TV?

---

if (_uniBol) then {

_itemCargoUni = (getitem>

Error position: <_uniBol) then {

_itemCargoUni = (getitem>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unibol

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\ConvertToArmedCivilian.sqf, line 75

Error in expression <argo VestContainer _unit;

if (_uniBol) then {

[_weaCargoUni,_unit,"U"]>

Error position: <_uniBol) then {

[_weaCargoUni,_unit,"U"]>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unibol

File missions\__cur_sp.altis\ConvertToArmedCivilian.sqf, line 143

LODShape::AddLoadHandler: Handler not present in shape [a3\weapons_f\empty.p3d]

No speaker given for Wu Zao

Edited by xrook

Can you make this cutscenes "skipable" ? To the new mission layout: it´s really cool but it is maybe possible that you increased the amount of enemys, specially tanks? On some areas its ridiculous how many T100 Tanks are waiting. I tried to capture a base a few minutes ago and there was waiting 6 groups with 2 Tanks each group and infantry...Too much in my opinion, lost motivation in a single moment :(

Hi :)

I like this mission in so many ways, but there are issues I have a hard time with which I think are kind of gamebreakers.

I'm using the steam version of WLA.

Yesterday I played a long session, building up a nice strong and protected base on the peninsula of Bomos with plenty of armed friendlies in the area.

I got hold of a fuel-truck, a Slammer and a Marshal.

I also spend a lot of prestige building up the base and spawning extra units. Half the units I put into HC and put to work patroling and guarding.

All this worked out perfectly. Any attacks on the base were easily repelled or completely annihilated.

Today I had to resume the game using the in-game start screen and this is what I'm met with.

The peninsula "Bomos" is overrun by enemies patroling the area. Yesterday when I logged out it was friendlies who were in complete control.

The fuel truck was not the same as yesterday, though it was a fuel truck. It wasn't mine anylonger so it set of an alarm. And it looked diffirent, different colors.

My builder truck didn't respawn where I parked it yesterday. It respawned on top of something in the base camp exploding and destroying stuff.

Luckily the Marshal and the Slammer was still there, except the crew didn't spawn in them, where I left them, rather they spawned next to me. Minor thing.

Oh yeah, and the camp was completely overrun by enemy forces and tanks within a minute or two.

And, this is bad, all the units I had spent prestige on, put into HC and put on patrol and defensive duties, were gone, erased, non-existing.

Also some of the missions I had gotten yesterday, were gone as well such as, free a POW or teaming up with locals and a few others.

I think this is gamebreaking. I expect the state of the game to be the same when I return.

It looks like information and states that need to be saved, aren't.

If these things can be solved, or I'm educated in how to do it differently ;), then I think this is a great mission/campaign.

Cheers :)

is the steam still on 1.9995? please update to the dropbox (latest) version

@LSD

thats why i wanted patrol groups, since most of the enemy spawns are armed vehicles

Cutscenes :) Interesting addition, hovever they can be disruptive. :)

I landed on the beach from boat, made contact with the locals, was attacked by nearby enemies and had to defend myself. In the middle of the fight, a cutscene interrupts me while I was laying down suppressive fire. :/

cheers.

:)

yes more tweaks coming. The cutscenes will be optional. Will also add detecting if player have shot recently. Else the enemies are already paused during cutscenes.

Vehicle zones are also still very work in progress. Probably will also add somekind of reserves system to limit how many vehicles zones can be spawned at once. Rest will only appear if previous got destroyed.

Tweaked the used vehicle respawing. The HC groups dont save currently, but might work on that too. Still dont expect too accurate custom save.

camp status: In Danger <--- no enemies for like a mile

That means there is CSAT vehicle zone inside certain range. But that wasnt reseted earlier right (showing wrong sometimes). Fix coming with the next update. CSAT will also attack again against Green Camps.

New WLA SP update: Added following homeless dogs, wandering sheeps, gear menu updates, much other tweaks and fixes. Let me know if the updated gear menu displays sections off screen.

Testing more soon, getting currently much game crashes making it challenging to test features appearing in long run.

Edit: Yes, that vehicle zone is making the nearby friendly camp to be in danger state. Forgot to answer earlier but yes the latest mission version is always in steam, dropbox and withSix, even the version numbers wouldnt match.

CSAT is now attacking green camps in this update right?

ill found out soon enough

---

im laughing at the blast tracers when the PP effects on "player needs" they all look like 120mm tracers coming out of my gun

---

so i decided to take the "player needs" one more spin and i found out i was too busy looking for food and water in each of every house i see, more than military stuff.

could you add an option to buy food on villages and water on camps?

Edited by xrook