k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

This is great news for Dayz but most probably not for Arma3. Not going to buy a zombie apocalypse survival sim for my military sim needs...

I'm getting the impression the developers/developments are not shared between Arma and Dayz

Let's hope that some of the things listed in that DayZ blog will be shared across titles, I.E. implemented in ArmA 3.

You really still hope? Respect dude. I was hoping a long time, my hope were smashed as i saw that the new "Performance driver 337.50" brings exactly 0% in Arma. Where other devs are working with this new driver and pushes the Frames in Games like BF3 & BF4 with up to 40%... But here seems Performance not so important. But great that they fixed the Rabbit which causes CTD´s cause he was checking Inventory^^

^+111111

This is the main problem right now and I believe that the absence of competitors is what is holding back optimizations and further improvements of the game.

If this really happens for DayZ and not for Arma 3 it would be a good reason to start a riot or something. Seriously BIS I hope you understand that this will be unacceptable if you just do it for DayZ.

Edited by Nikiforos

I wont buy an Arma4 if they are working on it. Not if they wont start to work on the Engine, Arma3 included of course.

It simply doesnt fit my brain, there are so many Games out there, so many Games released with awful perfromance at beginning (with much more complicated Gameengines as Armas) and still there are Devs which beats 40% more Performance only due a new Forcware driver. Other devs makes it look simple, perhaps^^

I know how these settings look on the screen, i play on Ultra as well. Its strange that this old engine isnt in the mood to free the hidden fps^^ (Sarcasm)

If this really happens for DayZ and not for Arma 3 it would be a good reason to start a riot or something. Seriously BIS I hope you understand that this will be unacceptable if you just do it for DayZ.

DayZ is in Alpha though, while Arma 3 is released

Yeah I know that but I still feel betrayed somehow. All attention in core issues for DayZ but nothing special for Arma 3. This is how someone lose faith in you.

Edited by Nikiforos

Hello. I got problem with my arma3. When i was play on ultra my fps is going to be 25-30 when i change all setting to very low my fps still being 25-30. Whats wrong? Can i fix that ? Many guys have same problem with that.

My spec:

Manufacturer: ASUS

Processor: Intel ® Core i5-3350P CPU @ 3,10GHz

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB, 1600MHz DDR3

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue, 3.5'', 1TB, SATA/600, 7200RPM, 64MB cache

Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M2/TPM/SI R2.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1

Video Card: Asus GeForce CUDA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PX 192BIT

Physics Card Yes.

Yeah I know that but I still feel betrayed somehow. All attention in core issues for DayZ but nothing special for Arma 3. This is how someone lose faith in you.

No need to feel betrayed. DayZ is in alpha status, the perfect state to test things out. Once the problems and bugs are sorted out, a possible port to ArmA 3 will be a bit easier and probably less complicated since the traps are already known and can be avoided.

Hello. I got problem with my arma3. When i was play on ultra my fps is going to be 25-30 when i change all setting to very low my fps still being 25-30. Whats wrong? Can i fix that ? Many guys have same problem with that.

That's kind of the point of this thread and the last 2987 messages in it. :)

When you have a powerful enough GPU, changing graphic settings don't really do much because the fps is limited by the CPU and the mission.

But if you're having a maximum of only 30 fps always, even in a simplest mission or empty editor scenario then you're having some other problem.

Edited by Greenfist

My spec:

Manufacturer: ASUS

Processor: Intel ® Core i5-3350P CPU @ 3,10GHz

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB, 1600MHz DDR3

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue, 3.5'', 1TB, SATA/600, 7200RPM, 64MB cache

Motherboard: Asus P8H61-M2/TPM/SI R2.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1

Video Card: Asus GeForce CUDA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PX 192BIT

Physics Card Yes.

First of all, with this rig trying to play on ultra is just plain wrong. Medium to high i would guess could be appropriate. Second, the FPS on low, is this in SP, MP or in the editor? How are your ingame settings in detail?

Myke;2675075']First of all' date=' with this rig trying to play on ultra is just plain wrong. Medium to high i would guess could be appropriate. Second, the FPS on low, is this in SP, MP or in the editor? How are your ingame settings in detail?[/quote']

Its MP. I was playing on all settings and still <30fps.

Its MP. I was playing on all settings and still <30fps.

MP is known to have FPS issues. Try either SP or Editor to get system related FPS.

They can't switch Arma 3 to 64-bit at this point, the game has been released. Everybody using 32-bit could sue them! It's even shady in DayZ, but atleast that's Alpha so they have some right to switch...

They can't switch Arma 3 to 64-bit at this point, the game has been released. Everybody using 32-bit could sue them! It's even shady in DayZ, but atleast that's Alpha so they have some right to switch...

You can have binaries for both.

X-Plane 10 has both 32 and 64 bit binary included in the sim.

Please help:

I have Nvidia gtx 770 with 16gb ram and an AMD 8-core cpu, Yet in Single player I only get 30fps and in Multiplayer I only get 15fps

All of my drivers are updated

I tried putting -cpuCount=8 in the launch options and nothing...

I don't know how to fix this...

Please help:

I have Nvidia gtx 770 with 16gb ram and an AMD 8-core cpu, Yet in Single player I only get 30fps and in Multiplayer I only get 15fps

All of my drivers are updated

I tried putting -cpuCount=8 in the launch options and nothing...

I don't know how to fix this...

Don't use Ultra settings.

Myke;2675266']Don't use Ultra settings.

Ultra settings? I have a similar problem

a few days ago you advised me to buy another processor

Two ways, one goal :p I am still wondering about the lack of essential information in some questions...