Sign in to follow this  
John1000

Helicopters Q&A,Types ,What things you want it to be able to do in Arma 3

Helicopters. I would like to be able to use the Kinect for Windows and be able to re-arm a helicopter at a base

and use the Kinect device in Arma 3 to "carry items" to the helicopters and hnag them onto hard-points and get Crates to the cargo

hold simply by just moving them with Kinect and be able to change tires on a car without scripts at all.

What about using Freevare from Flightsimulator and get Fully interactive flight instruments with working Navigation

that looks and feels like the real thing that has fully working MFD Displays targeting systems.I`ve seen a FS helicopter adapted

to work in Arma 2

What would You say? Do You want to be able to program displays and instruments via a "magic hand" using Kinect for Windows?

It`s all within reach today. Let us know what You think! Let`s talk about it!http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb1yCWbitHm3s3rvBJnhybtop8db9wugp51pF9p3NMnYV_2yNsnAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb1yCWbitHm3s3rvBJnhybtop8db9wugp51pF9p3NMnYV_2yNsnA

These instruments looks and acctually demands that the player get to Learn to Fly with Fs,fantastic for those hard

core Flightsimmers.What do You think-the Freevare F2000-9 Mirage looks fantastic - much better then most planes I`ve seen-and comes with the added bonus of using modules for instruments ,weather and Radios,Map+

GPS .Weapons can be added with ease.

This is the looks of it :images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7jX-p63kfom-JECfnXeET9Tfud_DQNW3xNNr8wX01DuCGIL2NBw

Edited by John1000

About the kinect, i would simply say no due to the lack of people that use it. Too much work for a tiny demographic.

What i want with helicopters (and planes) is the ability to make a custom weapon loadout so i can design a payload that makes sense for the mission at hand.

Just read his recent posts - seems that he is somekind of "Kinect spambot" .... maybe there will be soon a poll so everyone can vote for "Yes to Kinect for windows in A3!" or "Kinect iz gud - BIS must do it in A3 and DayZ and all their other gamez!!" ;)

Why would a bot have 58 posts though?

Edited by NodUnit

The bots are evolving. Kill it before it lays eggs... And cookies, etc.

I hope helicopters wont explode if something like that happen in game

But seems like they upgraded the damage system for vehicles...

Well

I hope helicopters wont explode if something like that happen in game

But seems like they upgraded the damage system for vehicles...

Well

In what sense of "upgrading the damage system"?

@John1000

All your wishes could have been posted in the sticky wishlist thread the rest of the community uses as well.

Please search before posting.

Not likely that damage is upgraded to THAT extent, that would require at least a tail being chopped off. And since the system derives off hit points, and helicopters are soft and squishy, I don't see that happening.

Though it would be nice to see them not go kerblooey because they rolled over for a tummy scratch. Who knows...PhysX offers a LOT of possibilities, the question is to what extent will they be used, don't get your hopes too high.

Not likely that damage is upgraded to THAT extent, that would require at least a tail being chopped off. And since the system derives off hit points, and helicopters are soft and squishy, I don't see that happening.

Though it would be nice to see them not go kerblooey because they rolled over for a tummy scratch. Who knows...PhysX offers a LOT of possibilities, the question is to what extent will they be used, don't get your hopes too high.

so they aren't supposed to blow up when the pilot sucks and flips it on the ground???? what are you supposed to do with it? there is no way in hell your going to upright the chopper and then just fly away... i'd rather have more accurate damage characteristics and flying through cables should snag your rotors and make you fall to the ground. easy solution to that though, don't fly through wires and don't suck and flip upside down.

Nice try Kinect employee. Nice try.

Seriously, every single post of yours is about how great & fantastic kinect is. Yet, it really isn't. You know how much of a hassle that would be in ARMA, take your hands off the keyboard and mouse to do a action than back on the keyboard if getting shot at? Response time be shot to hell and back.

Plus kinect for windows is not even used, nothing has been made for it, and nothing will. There is a reason why kinect is popular with kid games, sports and crap games on the 360 & NOT successful with mainstream games. Because gamer's don't want that crap. They want a controller, something proven to work, all the buttons right there. Same goes for PC Mouse and Keyboard. Also Kinect for windows freaking $250 dollars. I'd rather have a sweet TrackIR and TrackIR support than kinect..

VR would be sweet in arma, like move your hands to start engines and electronics in choppers and planes, tanks and what not. But besides that, it would serve no purpose. Carry items to helicopters? Not what ArmA is about.

You also wanted other planes from 2002 games to work in ArmA because "I am sure the files would work with these day and age and year".. Oh so wrong. Polycount be off, size be off, plus its not BIS model, its another companies model. Want planes for ARMA? Go search ArmAHolic.

I am sorry if I am crushing your idea here, but its just not practical. Plus EVERY single post of yours is about Kinect this, Kinect that. Lets put the brakes on this train wreck here and now, please?

so they aren't supposed to blow up when the pilot sucks and flips it on the ground???? what are you supposed to do with it? there is no way in hell your going to upright the chopper and then just fly away... i'd rather have more accurate damage characteristics and flying through cables should snag your rotors and make you fall to the ground. easy solution to that though, don't fly through wires and don't suck and flip upside down.

They stop functioning of course, like a real helicopter would. They don't roll and go boom, they roll and break everything, the helicopter is still intact but it isn't going anywhere. Cables aren't the only hazard that would cause you to lose control and flip. If there were any damage modelling then I'd assume they be like TKOH wherein the rotors just shear off.

Also, Steel Batallion, Kinnect. Nuff said.

Edited by NodUnit

Also, Steel Batallion, Kinnect. Nuff said.

That was absolute trash, played nothing like original and got the worst reviews. Nuff said.

Nuff said only works when you use very words.

Thing is, if having any form of kinect would be anything like that for arma 3 then it would just be an absolute massive waste of time.

The kinect is generally finicky at the best of times, not to mention the vast space required to get the damn thing to work right, space that computer areas usually do not have.

Hi, i don't spect much changes on the kind of choppers of the A3, cargo, light & heavy... and attack choppers; that's all. I don't spect any revolutionary change on what they can do, i don't even spect a well done fast rope system... with good anims for the operatives that descend by the rope and much less to be able to shoot while descending; i would spect a slight improvement on the flight model and that's all. Let's C ya