Sign in to follow this  
das attorney

ScopeFX - Dynamic scopes - including TrackIR support

Cool, your welcome, I'm glad i can help.

Those pics were hard to find, I probably spent 2 hours searching for those, but ya that first one should do the trick, probably sharpen it up a bit.

Looking forward to seeing it ingame. I really use your mod like all the time when i play, it really provides alot of function and important feedback. I especially enjoy

using sniper rifles now, more than I did because of the whats that called... windage and elevation adjustment.

I keep getting a hint-error saying my config is not in updated to the addon version in-game. I'm positive I have the latest version of both the hpp and the pbo and I got the hpp inside ArmA 2\userconfig\ScopeFX I didn't get that problem before, am I doing something wrong?

Away on a job but when I get home I can take pictures with a proper good camera of 9mm and cal 40 magazines from whatever angle you wish. Maybe I'm a bit too late? Offer still stands.

Those pics were hard to find, I probably spent 2 hours searching for those, but ya that first one should do the trick, probably sharpen it up a bit.

Yeah, you would think there's lots of pictures on the internet, but useful ones seem really few and far between.

I keep getting a hint-error saying my config is not in updated to the addon version in-game. I'm positive I have the latest version of both the hpp and the pbo and I got the hpp inside ArmA 2\userconfig\ScopeFX I didn't get that problem before, am I doing something wrong?

If you are using v1.13, the userconfig version should be version 4. I checked the files I released and I uploaded everything correctly, so I'm thinking you forgot to update the userconfig when you instralled the latest version.

You can check if you've got the right one by looking in the userconfig file for the following text:

/////////////
//	     //
// VERSION //
//	     //
/////////////

// If userconfig version is wrong, hint will display on mission load

horde_tir_userconfig_version = 4;  // << DO NOT EDIT THIS NUMBER!!

It's near the end, just before the Keycodes. Get back to me if you have any difficulties.

Away on a job but when I get home I can take pictures with a proper good camera of 9mm and cal 40 magazines from whatever angle you wish. Maybe I'm a bit too late? Offer still stands.

Thanks for the offer, I think I'm okay for pistol mags now, but if you do find the time and it's possible, could you get top down photos (empty, with one bullet and with 2 or more bullets) of a magazine that uses 5.56x45 ammo and/or 7.62x51 rounds? *** I would like to have different displays for ammunition calibers ideally, so I'd welcome it if you would like to contribute :)

*** = and 50 cal magazine if poss (although that might be a tall order)!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've added support for Bink/Meatballs excellent MARSOC pack. While I was doing it, I noticed that guns with 3 sights don't work properly, so the code's been updated and now it should auto-detect when a gun has 3 different sights.

The reloading displays have been updated so now if a weapon uses 9mm /.45 or any other pistol calibre, the display will show up with the appropriate picture (no more AR-15 mag for everything) and also revolvers get they're own display of the cylinder so you can check how many bullets are left.

I probably didn't explain that properly, so here's a short video where you can see it in action while I waffle away over the top of it:

U5BMa1_-iNs

Wow, this is likely going to become one of the must-have mods, on the list of every clan.

As someone who disabled ACE's 3D scopes because of how they performed with low FPS, am I likely to see performance-related hiccups here? Also, does the zeroing image work with ACE?

Nice work on the new features, was a good idea to add pic for status on pistols.

For the revolvers is it possible to have a multiple number of pics representing singular shots, so that when you check to see how much you have left,

the bullets would be missing accordingly?

Yes but the cartridges don't vanish from the chamber once the bullet is fired so it shouldn't show empty chambers once the bullet has gone. Maybe the resolution of the video was crappy, but you can see the cartridges are used when you check the chamber - see pics:

revolver_5_zpsde40ed26.pngrevolver_3_zps9ac8dfaf.png

EDIT: Is that what you mean? :)

If you are using v1.13, the userconfig version should be version 4. I checked the files I released and I uploaded everything correctly, so I'm thinking you forgot to update the userconfig when you instralled the latest version.

Just checked the hpp file. I have version 4. I downloaded and installed the whole thing again just to make sure and it still complaining about a mismatch. It says I need version 3!

By the way, apart from this error message everything seems to work fine.

I'm really confused by this conundrum.

Are you downloading through Six-Updater or from Armaholic/elsewhere? I'll download it myself and check. I'm sure it was correct when I uploaded it although I would expect more people to have mentioned it to me if it was wrong.

Don't worry though, we'll sort this one out. :)

Okay, I just re-downloaded and depbo'd the file and checked it.

In mod_init:

if (getNumber(configFile>> "CFGSettings" >> "CBA" >> "events" >> "horde_tir_userconfig_version") != 4) then
{
[] spawn horde_tir_fnc_userconfig_warning;
};

In userconfig (ScopeFX.hpp):

// If userconfig version is wrong, hint will display on mission load

horde_tir_userconfig_version = 4;  // << DO NOT EDIT THIS NUMBER!!

In userconfigWarning.sqf:

while {true} do
{
hint "WARNING:  ScopeFX Userconfig HPP is missing or is an incorrect version.\n\nIt should be version 4.";
sleep 30;
};

So everything looks good with the code in the download from Arma2Base.de.

My advice would be to go through your Arma 2 folder and delete everything to do with ScopeFX, so the @ScopeFX folder and all contents and also the userconfig/ScopeFX/ScopeFX.hpp. Then install the 1.13 again.

I suspect you've got a duplicate file somewhere (maybe an older scopefx.pbo file is lurking somewhere).

I'm not sure if you're on retail disk setup or Steam so I can't be more specific about where the files reside unfortunately.

Also, do you use modfolder method or place everything in Expansions folder?

Thanks,

DA

Yes but the cartridges don't vanish from the chamber once the bullet is fired so it shouldn't show empty chambers once the bullet has gone.

Maybe the resolution of the video was crappy, but you can see the cartridges are used when you check the chamber - see pics:

Yes, silly me cartridges would still be in chamber after bullet is fired for a revolver, but ya you have it right, basically what I was asking, but didn't see it in the vid.

Dont think I was looking for a used cartridge for a revolver to have spent shells still in the chamber, as Im used to a semi where cartridges are ejected.

Thanks for clearing that up, you really added some nice details to this, I like it alot!

All cool - thanks for giving me that pic and suggesting doing it. I probably wouldn't have done so otherwise.

Hi Das i was testing my new rented server yesterday, yeah i'm posh now. Anyway i was playing crCTI and jumped in a BMP loving left by the previous occupants and when i was in the turret view your scope fx was overlayed on top of it and as a result i couldn't see the various scroll options ie: Get in gunner etc, mind you it did look pretty cool! ;)

My advice would be to go through your Arma 2 folder and delete everything to do with ScopeFX, so the @ScopeFX folder and all contents and also the userconfig/ScopeFX/ScopeFX.hpp. Then install the 1.13 again.

I suspect you've got a duplicate file somewhere (maybe an older scopefx.pbo file is lurking somewhere).

I checked my installation again.

I did have scopefx installed in two separate mod folders. However, that was intentional, and my shortcuts only launched one of these folders at a time. Having scopefx on only one folder fixes the problem.

It seems like your version check looks also in mod folders that are not launched by the shortcut. Is that intentional?

Been a bit busy with trying to find a job (was put out of work at the beginning of the year). Will be releasing soon after seeing if I can resolve a couple of issues.

Don't really want to give an ETA in case I break something else while "fixing" but it should be soonâ„¢ ;)

Been a bit busy with trying to find a job (was put out of work at the beginning of the year). Will be releasing soon after seeing if I can resolve a couple of issues.

Don't really want to give an ETA in case I break something else while "fixing" but it should be soonâ„¢

Oh, sorry to hear about your job loss, think of it this way you weren't meant for that job, theres something out there that is better for you, and you will find it.

Take your time, I'm looking forward to when you release.

Hi Das i was testing my new rented server yesterday, yeah i'm posh now. Anyway i was playing crCTI and jumped in a BMP loving left by the previous occupants and when i was in the turret view your scope fx was overlayed on top of it and as a result i couldn't see the various scroll options ie: Get in gunner etc, mind you it did look pretty cool! ;)

Hi Das, as quoted previously this happened again earlier to me and my mate while both in a T-34 playing patrol ops. Scope-FX screen overlayed and we couldn't see our scroll options. Both using the latest version and were on a dedi server. Hope you can fix this mate as it's an addon i don't want to ditch!

;)

Thanks for the kind words all, much appreciated.

@Lawgiver - Yes mate, trying to find out what the cause of this is. It's really weird. It happens on just one of the types of BMP as far as I can tell (and now I'll check the T-34 too)! I don't know why it happens for only some specific tanks and not the majority, because there's some conditions in the code to check if the player is in a vehicle - (Which works for the majority of vehicles). Plus, the scope overlay is tied to certain classnames, which certainly don't include any tank weaponry.

I found that if it happens, you can switch to 3rd person and then back to gunner and the overlay vanishes, so I suspect it is getting stuck in a loop somewhere (or one of the global variables hasn't updated).

I'm doing some debugging to see if I can find the root cause. I imagine it's something simple like making sure all the scripts check for (vehicle player) instead of just player, but it has set me back a bit in getting the new version out of the door.

Will keep you guys posted.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Okay, here's a beta version for any interested.

I think I've fixed the problem with entering vehicles (still don't know why it started going wrong though). Plus all the other new stuff is in there for you to try. Let me know how you get on, and assuming there's no other errors, I'll put it out as a proper patch.

Linky: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/101800212/ScopeFX_1_14_beta.7z

Many thanks,

DA

Tested out the beta DA and runs fine on my end, I like the new feature you added for the pistols btw ;)

I also tested out the beta..

I do have a problem but I cannot pinpoint where.... I tested your mod with a LOAD of other mods running .. COSLX ACE GL4 .. . vehicle mods , units addons.. weapons mods... and your last version works with all those mods running.. the beta doesn't .. Yea I know Not really productive.. but I do know and can atest to the fact that it worked with the same mods before...(i still have the other version i can swap out .pbo's and it works .. )

It will take a large amount of time to figure out which exact mod it is but ill try to figure it out..

However when i launch with just ace cba, and a few others like the shactac mods etc it works Wonderfully!!!!

Thanks for the beta

ill try and figure out what the problem is on my end and post up!

You need CBA anyways, but guessing dont say anything, suggest posting your rpt and we can find out what is wrong.

When you test an addon and a mod, you should test it alone, and then test it with other addons and mods, this way you have an idea whats working

and whats not as you would know what the mod tested alone does, when testing it with other mods.