Sign in to follow this  
Borat

Is independance lost really lost? or just hiding

Dose Anyone know when independance lost is coming out? Or really basicly anything on the title? I almost forgot about it!

Well since avon isnt around to give u a link to her FAQ site ill do it for her. Avon's FAQ Go there and go into the FAQ and look for Independance Lost. Itll tell you as much as we now currently. Itll give a link too to IL (independance Lost) site. I wish we i could tell you the release date but no one knows when it is...This is a kinda Hush Hush thing. Sealed tight.

Hope that answers your question.  smile.gif

Yes, while BIS is a great developer, one thing they've never been good at is promotion of their products.  First they let the US release of OFP slip, then they say they'll release Oxygen to the community, then they say they won't, then Resistance fails to come out in the US when Codemasters says it will, leading to the continuing confusion over when we'll actually be able to play it here in the States.  Not that there aren't good reasons for all of the above, it's just that they need to say what they mean and mean what they say, and quit being so wishy-washy. I've pretty much learned to ignore any announced release dates from BIS/Codemasters because of this.

The whole IL thing is a mystery - why they ever announced it in the first place with nothing to show or talk about is beyond me.  It's annoying when a developer/publishers says, "Hey!  Look what we're making!" and then won't tell you anything about it when you ask.  I mean what's the point?

Probably busy updating the FAQ and with RL matters. Shes still around but not on the forums currently.

I think BIS was way too busy with Resistance to deal with IL matters. Don't worry, I'm sure we will see something spectacular out of BIS in a year or two.

I hope so. By then everyone ought to have enough computer horsepower to deal with all the vegetation etc that weve seen in VBS shots

lol but guys tell me, how the heck are we gonna for 1 or 2 years. I know its gonna be great pains lol. Maybe we will all get a leaked version of VBS from USSoldier11B smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ July 08 2002,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, while BIS is a great developer, one thing they've never been good at is promotion of their products.  <span id='postcolor'>

Promoting games is a work for distributors, not for developers.

So BIS is watching while we chew our arms off. Resistance is fantastic but please, please give some IL info. Just a little bit. Is it in development? You know it makes sense  biggrin.gif

I think in a Resistance interview they asked about IL but the person who they were interviewing (i forget who it was) said their they wont say much expect its being made by BIS in austrillia. I cant remeber the whole thing it was quite awhile back but i believe its being made in asutrillia or is that VBS? Anyways go to Operation Flashpoint CZ and look at the archive (at the bottom)

Its being made is Australia because its going to be in east Timor which is right next to Australia wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ July 09 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ July 08 2002,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, while BIS is a great developer, one thing they've never been good at is promotion of their products.  <span id='postcolor'>

Promoting games is a work for distributors, not for developers.<span id='postcolor'>

I can't help it...

PWNED!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ July 08 2002,09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, while BIS is a great developer, one thing they've never been good at is promotion of their products.  First they let the US release of OFP slip, then Resistance fails to come out in the US when Codemasters says it will, leading to the continuing confusion over when we'll actually be able to play it here in the States.  Not that there aren't good reasons for all of the above, it's just that they need to say what they mean and mean what they say, and quit being so wishy-washy.<span id='postcolor'>

Bad marketing techniques

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ July 09 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ July 08 2002,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, while BIS is a great developer, one thing they've never been good at is promotion of their products.  <span id='postcolor'>

Promoting games is a work for distributors, not for developers.<span id='postcolor'>

Ya, BIS a great developer, but the problem is that they show us something, but don't give us any information about it. So we get a lot of confusion because of that. sad.gif

Promoting a game during is development is not supposed to be the work of the developers? I mean promotion via the internet.

i guess this is question of whether they should just not talk about it or not.

if BIS never talks about it, ppl will ask for any info, but when BIS talks about it, they want more and if not given, complain about lack of info.

so far, here's what's generally accepted as truth for IL.

-has more help tyoes

-worked on by BIS Austrailia

-seems to involve East Timor in fictional sense.

-have a new carrier ship.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope so. By then everyone ought to have enough computer horsepower to deal with all the vegetation etc that weve seen in VBS shots<span id='postcolor'>

if it can run on a laptop,Im sure it can run on current computers Graphic wise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ July 08 2002,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, while BIS is a great developer, one thing they've never been good at is promotion of their products.  <span id='postcolor'>

Blame Codemasters

Everyone is bitching about codemaster beeing a bad publisher? But what the hell are you guys talking about, there releasing patches, addons and still supporting the game while its more then a year old most developers leave the game by then. (EA, Eidos are two that come in mind right now)

I agree with you there Speeeedy BIS and Codemasters provide the best support of any games company I have ever had dealings with and dont get me started on EA argh!

Calm Calm

We are all hoping and wishing for news on Independence Lost or OFP 2 soon soon please. But still hold with my original assesment Mid November to Mid December in time for Chistmas. Its obvious realy the Game that tops the market then is good for Extra Sales due to being on the top when none gameplaying present buyers are looking for present to buy little Jimmy/Gemima

Regards walker

I didnt even know that Operation Flashpoin existed until i saw it in stores!!

i didnt knew what it was all about

thx to codemasters

Codemasters is a shit promoting,even their star product (Colin MCrae 3) is badly advertised.

Releasing patches and supporting the game is due to Bis not Codemasters.

I repeat:

BIS=professionality and quality in their work (computing,developing,technical support)

Codemasters=Shit(advertising and promoting).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 09 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">austrillia<span id='postcolor'>

Australia, I just had to say something, sorry, but I'm Australian