Sign in to follow this  
OFPman

Mig-29

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ July 07 2002,05:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well Scorpio never made tht Model to be exect he just bought it and made it work. So why say he made it? he didnt make anything exept make it work for OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

well at least i went through to buy the model, and importing and skinning is even harder than making the model.

Buying Models? From who? what models do they have? I think its a great idea for quality addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Borat @ July 07 2002,12:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Buying Models? From who? what models do they have? I think its a great idea for quality addons.<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.3dmodelworks.com

Scorpio you monkey, get on guakenet so I can give you the pictures! Got lot's of em!!

EH lol good enough for me and to others who called this plane a Commie go back to 8th grade and learn your history Communisim died in 1990 or was it 1991 something like that therefore its no longer a commie plain and never was Communisim is just a govermant that owns your ass like a pimp owns hos mammas. The Red star simply symbolizes Soviet Union. AKA Red Army.

In 1985, and in Resistance, it's a commie plane; It was designed and built under the Communist Regime.

Now go back and read that again. Consider it an introduction to a concept used by the literate world.

Can you say "Punctuation?"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ July 07 2002,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Red star simply symbolizes Soviet Union. AKA Red Army.<span id='postcolor'>

the red star is a symbol of the ex-soviet union , red is the color of the revolution

the soviet union isn't the red army , the red army is the ex-soviet union's army

AKA = Also Known As

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 07 2002,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">er...scorpio didnt you tell me this plane was 20,000 polygons?<span id='postcolor'>

read what i told you in the mail.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 07 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 1985, and in Resistance, it's a commie plane; It was designed and built under the Communist Regime.

Now go back and read that again. Consider it an introduction to a concept used by the literate world.

Can you say "Punctuation?"<span id='postcolor'>

*sigh* so what if its a commie plain? its being made for a GAME, plz just get used to it, if you dont want to use it because commies origionally made it, DONT DOWNLOAD IT.

and even, russia has nothing strong enough in this game, well t80 has a crazy chance of suprizing an m1a1 and pushing him until the end of time smile.gif i love doing that, oh, and blowing mi-28's and chinooks out of the sky with rpg's/law's ^_^ thats fun ^_^

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OFPman @ July 07 2002,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 07 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 1985, and in Resistance, it's a commie plane; It was designed and built under the Communist Regime.

*sigh* so what if its a commie plain? its being made for a GAME, plz just get used to it, if you dont want to use it because commies origionally made it, DONT DOWNLOAD IT.<span id='postcolor'>

The Soviet Union was at the forefront of technology. I'm happy flying anything. The red star is still the Russian airforce symbol.

your absolutely right biggrin.gif

they still use it as there airforce symbel

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OFPman @ July 06 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 07 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In 1985, and in Resistance, it's a commie plane; It was designed and built under the Communist Regime.

*sigh* so what if its a commie plain? <span id='postcolor'>

You talking about the Steppes? They're not Commie any more.

I've got nothing against commie equipment, flying it, driving it, sailing it or blowing the crap out of it. Bring more of it on!

I can't see though how having loads of NATO mods and only a few Commie ones unbalances the game.

A T55 against a company of Abrams? That's unbalanced. the reason you will always see more Western addons than Soviet is that the Soviets were a lot more standardised.

I was "amused" by Vampire's history lesson. I suppose my only response should have been "So What?"

oh, then i apolygize for miss understanding what you ment. it just sounded like "its always going to be a commie plane so it shouldnt be made" to me, sry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ July 07 2002,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EH lol good enough for me and to others who called this plane a Commie go back to 8th grade and learn your history Communisim died in 1990 or was it 1991 something like that therefore its no longer a commie plain and never was Communisim is just a govermant that owns your ass like a pimp owns hos mammas.  The Red star simply symbolizes Soviet Union. AKA Red Army.<span id='postcolor'>

mmm...maybe you should go back to 8th grade.

The communist regime fell in 1989. Russia and the satellite states are no longer refered to as the Soviet Union. But are a collection of newly independent countries and the Russian Federation, a newly democratic country.

The MiG-29 was designed under a communist regime. It is communist equipment. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Duing the cold war the Russians were at the forefront of such tecnology. Largely thanks to the mear existance of the communism in place. Believe it or not but it was very effecient, if it weren't I don't think most of Europe would have fallen under their power and America wouldn't have been that concerned. Just a shame that it didn't go as planned and corruption in government and within the military brought down the system.

The Red Star used to sysbolise the Red Army, yes...but this is not the same thing as the Soviet Union as you have expressed. The Red Army was the Soviet Union's army. Red because it is the symbol of revolution and a star (I assume) because it is a striking and prominant symbol. The Russian Federation Air Force still uses the Red Star today (but this doesn't mean that they are communist).

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ July 07 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire @ July 07 2002,13wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EH lol good enough for me and to others who called this plane a Commie go back to 8th grade and learn your history Communisim died in 1990 or was it 1991 something like that therefore its no longer a commie plain and never was Communisim is just a govermant that owns your ass like a pimp owns hos mammas.  The Red star simply symbolizes Soviet Union. AKA Red Army.<span id='postcolor'>

mmm...maybe you should go back to 8th grade.

The communist regime fell in 1989. Russia and the satellite states are no longer refered to as the Soviet Union. But are a collection of newly independent countries and the Russian Federation, a newly democratic country.

The MiG-29 was designed under a communist regime. It is communist equipment. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Duing the cold war the Russians were at the forefront of such tecnology. Largely thanks to the mear existance of the communism in place. Believe it or not but it was very effecient, if it weren't I don't think most of Europe would have fallen under their power and America wouldn't have been that concerned. Just a shame that it didn't go as planned and corruption in government and within the military brought down the system.

The Red Star used to sysbolise the Red Army, yes...but this is not the same thing as the Soviet Union as you have expressed. The Red Army was the Soviet Union's army. Red because it is the symbol of revolution and a star (I assume) because it is a striking and prominant symbol. The Russian Federation Air Force still uses the Red Star today (but this doesn't mean that they are communist).

Jubs<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. A piece of equipment can't be "communist" thats a mode of politics! Russian equipment was on a par with the west in many areas it exelled it.

The Red army ceaced to be in 1955, It became the army of the Soviet Union. The red star is a Soviet symbol and also one that is still used today.

There is no need for "I don't like it 'cos its commie" in this thread, it will just get it closed.

Exactly WHO said "I don't like it 'cos its Commie?"

okay but what does "It's a commie aircraft, dammit. Scorpio, you spent money to bring that model into OFP? Your sacrifice is noted." id pay $10 for that to be in ofp smile.gif

Blah, who cares if it's Commie, Chinese or Lebanese?? Only thing that matters is that it's THE FULCRUM!!! One of the nastiest fighters there is! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 07 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is no need for "I don't like it 'cos its commie" in this thread, it will just get it closed.<span id='postcolor'>

So true. Now behave children! smile.gif

ill play nice smile.gif but if the FULCREM is nasty it must be a dropped cake  wink.gif

:raiseseyestotheheavens:

It may make a bit more sense it it was quoted on context:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are the engines red?

<span id='postcolor'>

Because... It's a commie aircraft.

Badabip, Badaboom!

Then, I complimented Scorpio on spending $10.00 to bring one of the world's premier fighter aircraft into OFP.

So much for Humour