Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Release v1.3

Hey there! Great work with the MH-47E! I just got our clan to switch over to it! One note though, one of our guys who is a FE on 47s, said Loadmasters actually lie the other direction, facing forward, so they can see the load coming under the nose during slingload operations. Not a huge deal, but he wanted me to pass the info on to you. Thanks again for the great mod!

Hey there! Great work with the MH-47E! I just got our clan to switch over to it! One note though, one of our guys who is a FE on 47s, said Loadmasters actually lie the other direction, facing forward, so they can see the load coming under the nose during slingload operations. Not a huge deal, but he wanted me to pass the info on to you. Thanks again for the great mod!

Glad to hear you and your clan are enjoying her :) Thanks for the information regarding the loadmaster. I didn't actually know that. If there's another update that needs something fixing, it shall add it into that :D

We definitely are! Hey, if you want to wait and just add it to your Arma 3 mod of it, we are already planning to use the MH-47E in Arma 3 as soon as you get it finished!

We definitely are! Hey, if you want to wait and just add it to your Arma 3 mod of it, we are already planning to use the MH-47E in Arma 3 as soon as you get it finished!

Yes, don't really think the MH47E will see another update for ArmA2 as its all fixed up :D

I know it has been asked befor, but is there really no posibillity do disable the fastroping in this chopper? Like some command in the init of the chopper similar to "remove addaction fastrope"?

I'm asking because of the issiues with the fastroping between the MH-47E and the Blackhawks by YuraPetros... I would like to use both and disable the fastroping either in the Chinook or the Blackhawk.

I know it has been asked befor, but is there really no posibillity do disable the fastroping in this chopper? Like some command in the init of the chopper similar to "remove addaction fastrope"?

I'm asking because of the issiues with the fastroping between the MH-47E and the Blackhawks by YuraPetros... I would like to use both and disable the fastroping either in the Chinook or the Blackhawk.

If you download my latest MH-47E AddOn from the link in my signature, and Yura's latest Blackhawks.. the bug is fixed :D

OMFG! I would kneel down and kiss your feet if that matches now!!

Gonna check this right away...

Back in 30 ;)

Thanks for your most excellent Addon

Just a quick question; The included demo missions seem to have a conflict with CBA, & are for me showing script errors & event handler problems is there a way to fix?

Also cant get the Sling Loading on the MH47E to show. Tested in the editor with all the other MH47s & at various altitudes.(with CBA on & off) zilch?

The fast rope works fine.

Edited by jgaz-uk

Thanks for your most excellent Addon

Just a quick question; The included demo missions seem to have a conflict with CBA, & are for me showing script errors & event handler problems is there a way to fix?

Also cant get the Sling Loading on the MH47E to show. Tested in the editor with all the other MH47s & at various altitudes.(with CBA on & off) zilch?

The fast rope works fine.

Which demo mission's are causing the errors? 'The SOAR Training' or 'Operation Clear House'?

Have you tried those missions with CBA enabled? Do the errors still occur?

Regarding the Sling Loading, have you tried hovering +20 alt and press the 'Deploy Sling Ropes' Action? Or is that not showing either?

It was the "SOAR Training (1500 Hours - MP).Chernarus" & the 18:00 they were ok with CBA turned off.

Re; the picking up Ammo 119 etc am not getting the "Deploy Sling Rope" option at all so far.

Edited by jgaz-uk

It was the "SOAR Training (1500 Hours - MP).Chernarus" & the 18:00 they were ok with CBA turned off.

Re; the picking up Ammo 119 etc am not getting the "Deploy Sling Rope" option at all so far.

Ok, will look into that with CBA active. Maybe a conflicting script somewhere.

& Ok, can you try only launching with MH-47E AddOn, and trying on a blank mission. See if it works then?

The addon works fine (appart from sling ropes action) in the editor with NO CBA conflicts, it would seem to be just a conflict with missions supplied in the download. Have tried everything re sling ropes pick up no joy so far?

Blank Mission;

In the editor if I put in a MH47E on its own I now do get extend & retract ropes but no attach option. tried over both 119s, ammo crates, hummers. is a player on the ground required to attach?

Hours Later; :o:

A. If there are any of the other 3 KYO MH47E in the mission or on the map I don't get the sling rope extend retract option at all.

B. With a MH47E on its own; Found if you extend & retract ropes before approach so you have the "ropes retracted dialogue" top right, it was possible with difficulty to attach a M119 its a bit of an exact science for the pilot.

Its a pity you cant seem to use another of your other MH47E's in a mission along with the MH4E lift version. Still some really nice work there sir.

Edited by jgaz-uk

The addon works fine (appart from sling ropes action) in the editor with NO CBA conflicts, it would seem to be just a conflict with missions supplied in the download. Have tried everything re sling ropes pick up no joy so far?

Blank Mission;

In the editor if I put in a MH47E on its own I now do get extend & retract ropes but no attach option. tried over both 119s, ammo crates, hummers. is a player on the ground required to attach?

Hours Later; :o:

A. If there are any of the other 3 KYO MH47E in the mission or on the map I don't get the sling rope extend retract option at all.

B. With a MH47E on its own; Found if you extend & retract ropes before approach so you have the "ropes retracted dialogue" top right, it was possible with difficulty to attach a M119 its a bit of an exact science for the pilot.

Its a pity you cant seem to use another of your other MH47E's in a mission along with the MH4E lift version. Still some really nice work there sir.

Ah yes, thanks for that. I also tried with 3 versions of the Chinook on there and it didn't show up for me either. I will try look into this.. & Yes you can attach cargo it just takes time at the right height and point above the object you want to lift. Does work fine though once got use to it :D

It is possible using a US Army Blackhawks Made by : YuraPetrov for fast rope & your Mh47E lift version for cargo, to run both scripts in the same mission so it should be doable. And getting the hang of attaching cargo :yay:

Was anybody able to use the ACE Fastropes reliable in MP with this bird?

The ropes are spawned floating somewhere arround the MH-47E and when Fastroping you slide down the half of the rope and then you are standing inside the Bird again with your Head into the fuselage.

It works flawlessly in Singleplayer when an AI is flying the Bird. As soon as a player is flying the MH-47 you end up with the problem described above. Happens with all versions.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Hey there...

Well, a little more than 30... ;)

I downloaded the latest versions of the Blackhawks and the Chinook, but still getting the issiues with the fastropes. Seems not to be fixed. I tested it on some Maps, like standard and customs but still the same. The first bird who's useing the ropes strikes. When i use it on the Chinook first, the ropes hang on the back. When i change to the Blackhawk, the ropes hang out on the tail. Same thing when i use the Blackhawk first. All perfect with that, but when i change to the Chinook, the ropes hang in the middle.

Next thing, when i deply them as pilot, nobody get's moved out. Same when somebody in the back deployes them. Well, sometimes it's working when they are in the same squad. But then they get kicked out of the bird an fall to the ground...

It is possible using a US Army Blackhawks Made by : YuraPetrov for fast rope & your Mh47E lift version for cargo, to run both scripts in the same mission so it should be doable. And getting the hang of attaching cargo :yay:

Yes, that's because we ran into problems with my scripts & Yura's scripts. His ropes would spawn in my Chinooks position instead of his own Hawks position, so yura had to edit his fast rope scripts so they work for only his Hawks. So yes it can be done, I shall ask around and see what can be done with it :D

Was anybody able to use the ACE Fastropes reliable in MP with this bird?

The ropes are spawned floating somewhere arround the MH-47E and when Fastroping you slide down the half of the rope and then you are standing inside the Bird again with your Head into the fuselage.

It works flawlessly in Singleplayer when an AI is flying the Bird. As soon as a player is flying the MH-47 you end up with the problem described above. Happens with all versions.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

I'm not to sure on that as I don't use ACE. However I had a clan test it with ACE and edit the config so they worked fine etc. (There words not mine) As I couldn't test it myself upon release. Since the clan has gone offline.. So I honestly don't know. Will try and chase them up and ask them about it.

Hey there...

Well, a little more than 30... ;)

I downloaded the latest versions of the Blackhawks and the Chinook, but still getting the issiues with the fastropes. Seems not to be fixed. I tested it on some Maps, like standard and customs but still the same. The first bird who's useing the ropes strikes. When i use it on the Chinook first, the ropes hang on the back. When i change to the Blackhawk, the ropes hang out on the tail. Same thing when i use the Blackhawk first. All perfect with that, but when i change to the Chinook, the ropes hang in the middle.

Next thing, when i deply them as pilot, nobody get's moved out. Same when somebody in the back deployes them. Well, sometimes it's working when they are in the same squad. But then they get kicked out of the bird an fall to the ground...

Hmm, I'm not sure what's happening there if you have the new files. I'm no good with scripts atall so I don't know how to define them. I shall try and re-create the errors and sort out something :D

Nice addon ! :yay:

Thanks, Glad you like it :D

Hi Konyo,

Firstly just wanted to say great job on this addon, I absolutely love it and cant get enough!

Anyways, onto my question, and apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in thread.

Is there any way to change the forward/backward tilt of the rotors while in flight and moving? Having to stick chopper into Auto hover to alter the blades can be frustrating sometimes and I will end up not using this feature most of the time since it mucks up approach to an LZ having to do it.

Thanks

Hi Konyo,

Firstly just wanted to say great job on this addon, I absolutely love it and cant get enough!

Anyways, onto my question, and apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find it in thread.

Is there any way to change the forward/backward tilt of the rotors while in flight and moving? Having to stick chopper into Auto hover to alter the blades can be frustrating sometimes and I will end up not using this feature most of the time since it mucks up approach to an LZ having to do it.

Thanks

No problem, I'm glad you like my AddOn :D

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean? Just pull back on the mouse a little to slow down? :confused:

No problem, I'm glad you like my AddOn :D

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean? Just pull back on the mouse a little to slow down? :confused:

Umm, you know how you can tilt the angle of your blades. I.e. Stick chopper in auto hover and push forward or back on joystick (W and S i guess for keyboard) then release auto hover while still holding on joystick and it will tilt your blades. Therefore it gives you either more acceleration but it harder to bleed flare or less acceleration but can turn on a dime. So it there any way to achieve this without using auto hover so I have the ability to alter blades while moving and in flight.

Umm, you know how you can tilt the angle of your blades. I.e. Stick chopper in auto hover and push forward or back on joystick (W and S i guess for keyboard) then release auto hover while still holding on joystick and it will tilt your blades. Therefore it gives you either more acceleration but it harder to bleed flare or less acceleration but can turn on a dime. So it there any way to achieve this without using auto hover so I have the ability to alter blades while moving and in flight.

Erm I'm not sure, I don't think so. I don't use a joystick so I honestly don't know what you mean lol. Sorry.

Umm, if your able too we could hope on a server and I could show you, would be easier to explain in person.

Umm, if your able too we could hope on a server and I could show you, would be easier to explain in person.

Cant at the moment, can you maybe make a quick video and wack it on youtube? :D