Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

Get your littlebird choppers here:

I will look into the new dash and sounds..

But I won't upgrade just for sound alone.

Also I will be leaving the choppers gunner where he is. He is a co/pilot and also spots for you while you fly. If I make this a passanger then he will not report targets to me when he spots them.

I also played a game last night where there where only 2 of us.. 1 pilot and 1 gunner in the AH6. We had a blast ..

I dont want to take this ability away from the vehicles.. because I feel it limits what can be done with it.

MANUAL fire works with the pilot using the CTRL key.

If you don't want to do this.. get a decent joystick.

I use a "Microsoft force Feedback II" for flight and use the Q and Z keys for alt.

The rotation of the joystick base allows you to control the rear rotors to spin the chopper. This is needed for fast extrations and drop off's..It really improved my flying when I got that joystick. I will never fly via mouse again..You can't do all the manuvers with only a mouse.. it opens up a whole new world with a rotating base joystick for the choppers.

Plus the joystick allows you to set the fire to manual and when you fire.. it fires in automatic..

Issue solved :)

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 08 2002,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will look into the new dash and sounds..

But I won't upgrade just for sound alone.

Also I will be leaving the choppers gunner where he is. He is a co/pilot and also spots for you while you fly.  If I make this a passanger then he will not report targets to me when he spots them.

I also played a game last night where there where only 2 of us.. 1 pilot and 1 gunner in the AH6.  We had a blast ..

I dont want to take this ability away from the vehicles.. because I feel it limits what can be done with it.

MANUAL fire works with the pilot using the CTRL key.

If you don't want to do this.. get a decent joystick.

I use a "Microsoft force Feedback II" for flight and use the Q and Z keys for alt.  

The rotation of the joystick base allows you to control the rear rotors to spin the chopper. This is needed for fast extrations and drop off's..It really improved my flying when I got that joystick.  I will never fly via mouse again..You can't do all the manuvers with only a mouse.. it opens up a whole new world with a rotating base joystick for the choppers.

Plus the joystick allows you to set the fire to manual and when you fire.. it fires in automatic..

Issue solved smile.gif

Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

A joystick is only good if you like flying with a joystick. I haven't tried one in OFP yet, but I hated using a joystick in most flight simulators...maybe because I only used cheap joysticks...I don't know. But I didn't like them and can't afford a new one and even if I did like them I couldn't use them because as I mentioned to you before, my game souncard is not working and my only other soundcard (a M Audio Delta-44) works for game sound, but doesn't have a MIDI/joystick port....and that card is not coming out as it's part of my home studio.

Also the AI pilot by himself spots targets just as well as when he has a copilot from what I've seen of the modded version I have that only has a pilot.

But oh well, like you told me you can't please everyone which is true, especially if noone else is asking for this feature except me.

I guess I'll just have to use a modded AH-6 for now.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Pick up a gamport aux card. They are very cheap and it will allow for a good gameport.

You can also buy/use a joystick that connects thru the USB port, like miy Microsoft presicion 2 joystick. That joystick can also be rotated to control the rear rotor (spin function) of the helicopter plus that you can program all of its 8 buttons and the POV switch in a standalone program for the joystick or in OFP.

I also thought this was exellent, what will you make next? I did have the problem with the moving 'fireing-flash' as was mentioned, but it is rare.

What next? dare I ask for a Lynx? wink.gif

I also saw the moving flash bug (i don't have resistance so i use the modified ones), but the bug disappeared when i installed the 1.60 MP test.

...am i the only one that has a problem with the rof when holding left control?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 10 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...am i the only one that has a problem with the rof when holding left control?<span id='postcolor'>

I do sometimes, but not always.

First I want to thank you for making a great addon. The flying model is really great, but i do consider the fire-rate on the AH-6 buggy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 03 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The firerate of the M134 on the AH6j is military spec.

I spend an hour working on the fire-rate to get it perfect.

If you want to change it.. go ahead.. but it won't be real.

The problem is that it isn't military spec. ingame - try to do the following experiment:

Place a littlebird in the game with you as gunnerand fire until the counter reaches a nice round number like 2600.

Then use your watch or the one in the game (on the t-key) to fire for one minute precisely. After one minute only around 600 bullets has disapeared, which means that the rate of fire on each of the miniguns is around 300 rounds/minute. As you can see that is quite a bit lower than the specified 2000/4000/6000 rounds/minute.

Another problem is that the rate of fire seems to be dependant on the skill-level of the gunner. That means that if you are the pilot and set the skilllevel of the gunner to the lovest possible the rate of fire drops to around 260 rounds/minute which means 130 rounds/minute for each gun. I can fire rapid semi-auto fire faster than that on the G3 i used in the army (although only the first 20 shots). On the other hand if you set the skill-level of the crew to the highest possible it doesen't seem to affect rate of fire: 600 rounds/minute whether you are pilot with a gunner in the aircraft, pilot without a gunner in the aircraft or gunner in the aircraft.

Edit: Yes - i did use the CTRL-key and/or the fire key on my joystick.

biggrin.gif I haven't Tried your Mods yet simply cuz OPFR hasnt been released in the U.S. yet. But, Im affraid im gonna have to chime in here, from previous posts. I have Fired BOth the Gau-2b and the M134 both are VERY capable of firing and sustaining 6000rpm. But honestly all i want to know is one thing. DID YOU GET THE SOUND RIGHT. The AH/MH/OH-6 all have a very distinct sound. No other Helo sounds like it. For those of you that have actually heard an MD-500/530 you'll know what im talking about. biggrin.gif

Ok, here are the bugs I found:

The moving flashes. This only happens when your a gunner in the AH6v2 and you look around. The flashes follow your view.

The burst miniguns: This only happens when you're the pilot and you have a gunner and you put on manual fire. This will make it fire in bursts. If you don't have a gunner and you put on manual fire, the rof will be A LOT higher, but it'll still fire in short bursts, although hardy recognizable.

Small model problem: The upper windows of the cockpit are too horizontal. They should be rounded up a bit. Look at the model and you'll see what I mean. Although this problem is small, when fixed it'll make the choppers look much more like Littlebirds.

Don't take these as rants. I'm not trying to make your models look bad, I'm just giving some tips and maybe a small fix.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OntosMk1 @ July 10 2002,09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif  I haven't Tried your Mods yet simply cuz OPFR hasnt been released in the U.S. yet. But, Im affraid im gonna have to chime in here, from previous posts. I have Fired BOth the Gau-2b and the M134 both are VERY capable of firing and sustaining 6000rpm. But honestly all i want to know is one thing. DID YOU GET THE SOUND RIGHT. The AH/MH/OH-6 all have a very distinct sound. No other Helo sounds like it. For those of you that have actually heard an MD-500/530 you'll know what im talking about. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No it's the same sounds as the Kiowa scout helicopter and minigun sounds are the same as Keg's Kiowa Warrior addon.

Someone offered Adammo new sounds for both the rotor blades/engine and the minigun but Adammo said that he's not going to use them unless he modifies something else on the Little Birds as well.   I was also looking forward to to better sounds on it as well, but that might not happen unless someone else makes the modifications.  sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah i actually have the sound of the gau-2b(for the huey) and it doesnt sound like the one on the ah-6

So why author of littlebirds is can't make this choopers for 1.46 version ?. I think it's not difficult wink.gif. The peoples who have OFP 1.46 is waiting for good add-ons !!!.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So why author of littlebirds is can't make this choopers for 1.46 version ?. I think it's not difficult . The peoples who have OFP 1.46 is waiting for good add-ons !!!. <span id='postcolor'>

please read old posts to answer your own question.. it's been discussed in over kill.

okay guys.. I am considering updating the AH6 with faster RPM around 3000. BTW the m134 will not fire 6000 rpm using 7.62 NATO.. yes the gun cyclic is rated at that high.. but the actual feed on real ammo is not.

I have the new sounds and dash board and may update the RPM.. then release.. I'm not sure yet.. I will do some more testing..

BTW anyone here want HE rounds (exploding) or just standard?

Capt Moore

just regular ammunition please. I have never heard of any HE rounds for M134 on a AH-6.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ July 10 2002,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So why author of littlebirds is can't make this choopers for 1.46 version ?. I think it's not difficult . The peoples who have OFP 1.46 is waiting for good add-ons !!!. <span id='postcolor'>

please read old posts to answer your own question.. it's been discussed in over kill.

okay guys.. I am considering updating the AH6 with faster RPM around 3000.   BTW the m134 will not fire 6000 rpm using 7.62 NATO..  yes the gun cyclic is rated at that high.. but the actual feed on real ammo is not.

I have the new sounds and dash board and may update the RPM.. then release.. I'm not sure yet.. I will do some more testing..

BTW anyone here want HE rounds (exploding) or just standard?

Standard rounds please! I'm glad that you'll be using those new sounds. For awhile I was afraid you wouldn't use them.

You might also work on improving the interior textures of the Oh-6 a little bit...or maybe seeing if you can add on anything unique to it...such as the ability to drop smoke grenades for example so that it can mark targets for gunships. Even nicer would be four WP (smoke) rockets but I dont' know if that's possible.

Anyhoo.... I'm looking forward to the new Little Birds.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, since there are two miniguns on the chopper, I think you should put it up to 6,000 rpm because they both fire at once.

And new sounds please!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ July 10 2002,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, since there are two miniguns on the chopper, I think you should put it up to 6,000 rpm because they both fire at once.

And new sounds please!<span id='postcolor'>

Actually there is only one minigun. If you look closely when you fire you only see one line of bullets hitting the dirt. The OFP engine is limited in that it only allows for one gun on an aircraft as far as I know. So while you can make two muzzle flashes go off when you fire the gun, you can't have more then one actual gun firing simultaneously on a vehicle. Even if you look at the twin M2 .50 cal guns on the West patrol boat that came with the game, it only shoots one line of tracers.....meaning only one actual gun.

So what Adammo was saying earlier is that he can not get a higher fire rate using the 7.62mm ammo because of the limitations of the game's program architecture. He can however get a higher fire rate using the 5.56mm ammo which I think he was going to try messing with. That should work fine as they both kill infantry nicely and the higher fire rate means better saturation of the target area with your mingun bullets.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

hi adammo, I realy love how these choppers look. I dont have resistance yet, but when I get it ill be shure to try out your helos! By the way have you givven much thought to making different versions of the littebirds. For instance a medivac, a recon. Also can you release them in the standard olive drab cammo? Can we have a sample of the new sounds so that we can hear the rotors and the minigun. I have 1 more question. On the Ah-6 do you only have miniguns on it or do you also have tow launchers?

Were AH-6's and all of its varients ever used for medevac? Wasn't that the job of the Blackhawk? tounge.gif

It might only have one firing, but it's meant to simulate two. Thereal one fires both at once at around 3000 rpm, which gives a total of about 6000 rpm coming out of both guns.