Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

Get your littlebird choppers here:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (billytran @ July 11 2002,06:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It might only have one firing, but it's meant to simulate two.  Thereal one fires both at once at around 3000 rpm, which gives a total of about 6000 rpm coming out of both guns.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes that is very true, but again it can't be done due to the limitations of the OFP game engine. If you don't like that then you'll have to complain to BIS about that problem unless someone figures out some solution for that using some kind of fancy cpp script. The only solution from what I understand is to change the 7.62mm ammo in the cpp script to 5.56mmm and that should increase the firing rate. I just hope that he can make the damage properties of the bullets a little higher so that one round kills enemy troops if they are hit. But I don't even know if that's possible with the 5.56mm ammunition in the game.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shernt250 @ July 11 2002,06wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hi adammo, I realy love how these choppers look. I dont have resistance yet, but when I get it ill be shure to try out your helos! By the way have you givven much thought to making different versions of the littebirds. For instance a medivac, a recon. Also can you release them in the standard olive drab cammo? Can we have a sample of the new sounds so that we can hear the rotors and the minigun. I have 1 more question. On the Ah-6 do you only have miniguns on it or do you also have tow launchers?<span id='postcolor'>

There are no medevac versions of the Little Birds to my knowledge although the MH-6 I'm sure makes for a good emergency medevac helicoper as it can fit into small places and can quickly get troops out of a hostile situation.

As far as recon versions go, I think that you are thinking about the Little Bird's close relative, the Hughes MD-500 Defender gunship.  That one has a nose mounted camera/FLIR and carries TOW missles.  The AH-6 and MH-6 Little Birds however are only used by U.S. Army Special Operations units and have always (to my knowledge) been painted black.  Only the Oh-6 Loach (used in Veitnam) and the MD-500 (and related variants) were painted green.  The OH-6 fullfilled a variety of roles...everything from gunship, to flying Forward Air Controller missions, to Observation missions and carrying VIP's.

But it would definitely be cool to see a Hughes MD-500 version with the nose mounted camera and with two TOW missles on one side, and a minigun on the other side.  smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the limit isnt ammunition just the game engine, there seems to be a block at 1500rpm or somewhere near there, you can make it fire 4 bullets per shot though (what the shilika does) to simulate 6000rpm

Actually, the ofp engine can simulate 2 guns firing! Look at the ADATS by dkm. When you fire the twin fifties on it, 2 bullet holes appear in the ground. On another thing, I noticed there are 2 seats in behind the pilot and gunner on the mh6! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ July 12 2002,04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, the ofp engine can simulate 2 guns firing! Look at the ADATS by dkm. When you fire the twin fifties on it, 2 bullet holes appear in the ground. On another thing, I noticed there are 2 seats in behind the pilot and gunner on the mh6!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Watcha talking about Willis! (lol...sorry...too many "Different Strokes" reruns).

Actually I just checked and that addon DOES NOT fire two guns at once. It just fires two bullets with each shot to simulate two guns much in the same way the Shilka operates. That is unless the Resistance version is much different then the 1.46 version I'm using.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Cpt. Moore,

Is there anyway I could talk you into skinning one of the little birds to look like T.C.'s chopper from Magnum?

tc.jpg

its impossible to put two guns the coding just isnt there for it in ofp, as i said you can simulate it but not actually do it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> It just fires two bullets with each shot to simulate two guns much in the same way the Shilka operates. That is unless the Resistance version is much different then the 1.46 version I'm using.

<span id='postcolor'>

sounds like the 1.46 version is way diff in weapons systems. I recommend using the original.. but either way..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there anyway I could talk you into skinning one of the little birds to look like T.C.'s chopper from Magnum?

<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think i will be doing much more skinning on these choppers I'm not an artist. But I have thought of skinning it into a police chopper..

first of all i wanna say i like the little birds, especially their handling.  not too stiff, not too sensitive... very nice.  of course, i couldnt stop my post without a little constructive criticism   biggrin.gif   the nose is a bit long and looks real awkward when you look at it from the side...  also the helo itself is a bit large.  if you've ever seen one in real life, they're TINY!  also the high speed is a bit high... they are slow choppers, nowhere near as fast as the blackhawk or chinook. in game i can sustain a speed of about 300 though. i suggest slowing it down a LOT. one last thing is some of the window textures seem uneven like they stick out on the edges (especially on the top).  dunno if this is just a problem im having or if anyone else has seen this?  other than that, great job.  i like the sound and model and, like i said earlier, the handling is amazing. biggrin.gif thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (USMC Sniper @ July 12 2002,04:13)

Actually, the ofp engine can simulate 2 guns firing! Look at the ADATS by dkm. When you fire the twin fifties on it, 2 bullet holes appear in the ground. On another thing, I noticed there are 2 seats in behind the pilot and gunner on the mh6!

Watcha talking about Willis! (lol...sorry...too many "Different Strokes" reruns).

Actually I just checked and that addon DOES NOT fire two guns at once. It just fires two bullets with each shot to simulate two guns much in the same way the Shilka operates. That is unless the Resistance version is much different then the 1.46 version I'm using.

<span id='postcolor'>

Well then you can use that technique to simulate 2 miniguns! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well then Capt.

Is ok if I take up the skinning job then?<span id='postcolor'>

post some of your work.. and let see your portolio

I did not have time to read through all the post but I have run into a problem with the MH6v2. The goes back to desk top with out any error when I set a waypoint on it for gaurd and it has guys on the side of chopper. I play as the East and watch him fly over. I think its when he makes it to the guard point that it crashes back to desktop. I tried it with out the guys on side and it was fine. confused.gif