Sign in to follow this  
deanolium

[MOD] Island Mod

Below is my Bohemia v1.2 folder contents. In scripts folder there is "ccgame.c" and subfolder "Campaign" which in turn contains "classic_campaign.c" and "telecontrol.h".

As mentioned before. Starting new campaign and pulling either the top or the two top sliders to the left only produces default setup (3 own islands, 4 neutral and 30ish enemy ones).

Directory of C:\Games\Carrier Command Gaea Mission

Directory of C:\Games\Carrier Command Gaea Mission

2012-10-06 14:49 <DIR> .

2012-10-06 14:49 <DIR> ..

2012-09-28 15:57 148 bis.url

2012-09-28 16:00 8209808 carrier.exe

2012-09-28 15:57 5130216 CarrierCommand_manual.pdf

2012-09-28 15:57 10153 ccsettings.xml

2012-09-28 15:57 4178264 d3dx9_41.dll

2012-09-28 15:56 2102486400 data00.cc

2012-09-28 15:57 1744879709 data01.cc

2012-09-28 15:57 3876136 data02.cc

2012-09-28 16:00 4570624 enforce3_ltcg.dll

2012-09-28 16:00 1380352 enforce3_ltcg.pdb

2012-09-28 15:57 162 feedback.url

2012-09-28 16:00 8309760 gameapp_ltcg.pdb

2012-09-28 15:57 154 homepage.url

2012-09-28 16:00 4933844 patch00.pak

2012-09-28 15:57 238 product.bin

2012-09-28 15:57 2711 readme.txt

2012-09-28 15:57 50 rev.dbg

2012-10-05 17:44 <DIR> scripts

2012-09-28 15:57 2437 UnInstall.csv

2012-09-28 15:57 688776 UnInstall.exe

2012-09-28 16:00 2743 UnInstall.log

...sorry for the crappy format above - can't seem to get it right.

Edited by Scepticer

You, too, have the patch. We steam users don't!

So we need a chance to look at that path00.pak file. How big is it?

One posting above says 4933844 Bytes.

I can confirm the patch00.pak makes modding through files impossible at the moment. It contains a lot of stuff that probably overrides everything in the directory.

I'll look into writing a packer for the files so we can make mods in PAC1 format instead.

Umm, smaller bytes please lol - or 4.7 Mb

---------- Post added at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 ----------

Could it be the patch file is overriding the mod?

OK we are getting somewhere. Apparently this works for Steam users, but not for others. I own both so I am installing the Steam version and confirm.

If it works for the Steam version, but not the Sprocket/retail version - then there will be something else going on. I checked my ccsettings.xml file (in both locations: install and savegame locations) and they both start the same way as listed above, including the:

<path directory="./"/>

line. My directory does not have the steam files, obviously.

Stean version is should be in shortly - so will post my findings with that version and then start comparing.

Nevermind ya'll were already ahead of me.

As for mod portability - if file replacement is a possibility, I strongly suggest using JSGME.

Edited by CaptainHaplo

The problem is that probably something in the EXECUTABLE itself uses the patch00.pak file before all others, so no mod can function that modifies any of the files in path00.pak ...

Unless maybe the mod is put into a patch??.pak ... a technique called a fake patch. (I dislike that, by the way, it'd be cooler to have a ".mod" format and allow activating and deactivating these in the game or prior to launch.

But for that we need a tool that writes PAC1 files. (I can create such a tool, but there are some unknown values that I probably need to understand before the game will work with it.

Edited by Thygrrr

I hope you can get the PAC1 wrighter working.

The replayability of the game is starting to wear out without being able to use any mods. And with the AI pathfinding at number 1 (Imo) on the fix it list, I think BI's release of the mod tools is going to be a while.

And I do agree with the .mod thing. Ideally you would have the .mod files in a mod folder and then you woud have a UI that let you pick what mods you wanted to use.

Anyone have any idea as of yet on how to get mods working on none-steam clients?

Or do I have to unpack everything and run the game with everything unpacked?

You can try to unpack the patch file, and then copy the mod over it.

OK I can confirm that on the same machine with both the Steam and Sprocket versions installed - scripts folder copied into both. The sprocket version does not work - the steam version does. I will be moving a few files around to see if I can make it work on the retail version without unpacking and such.

I have the sprocket version and would very much like this mod for my game. I don't understand any of this script jargon, but wish you success.

Hi,

This is very interesting, modding CC, have you got an SDK for this game already ???

The Devs have yet to release any type of SDK.

But modding god, Thygrrr, is fast beating them to it with his 3ed party stuff.

The Devs have yet to release any type of SDK.

But modding god, Thygrrr, is fast beating them to it with his 3ed party stuff.

They should hire Thygrrr, he's very motivated.

Hi,

This is very interesting, modding CC, have you got an SDK for this game already ???

You don't need SDKs when you can make one yourself. The game is very moddable, and I created a very simple tool that unpacks the files. (and I am extending it tonight so people can pack their mods into single files, as so-called fake patches, making mod distribution a bit easier).

I might write a tool to process navspaces files next. But I am more keen on providing some great template classes to make UI modding easier (the current scripts directory is such a mess... the Enforce engine is one of the most nicely moddable things I've seen in ages, and somehow the dirty code that has grown over several bouts of crunch time for this project seems to spoil it all).

Come to think of it, I can't find a place where to license the Engine. It's almost as hard to find stuff online for it as for RenderWare.

They should hire Thygrrr, he's very motivated.

I waited 20-some years for this game, and once even commenced to make a remake myself (but abandoned the idea for lack of time). Damn straight I'm motivated! Especially with such a great foundation to work on.

Awesome Foxhound -- Once this week is over, I'll get onto making a more friendly version and better/less confusing documentation ;)

Hopefully there will soon be a way to make it work on every version in a universal way too.

I have the sprocket version and would very much like this mod for my game. I don't understand any of this script jargon, but wish you success.

I have also the sprocket version and the mod is running fine. Follow this steps:

- install Thygrrr CarrierTools

- unpack the file patch00.pak (drag the file patch00.pak to the batchfile extract.bat) --> you will get a folder named patch00.pak.unpacked

- rename the file patch00.pak (ex. patch00.pak.backup)

- rename the folder patch00.pak.unpacked to patch00

- copy the files from the mod into the folder patch00 and replace the existing files there

- drag the folder patch00 to the batchfile package.bat and you will get a new file patch00.pak

i hope this helps everybody, who has the sprocket version and wants this mod.

I have also the sprocket version and the mod is running fine. Follow this steps:

- unpack the file patch00.pak (drag the file patch00.pak to the batchfile extract.bat) --> you will get a folder named patch00.pak.unpacked

- copy the files from the mod into the folder patch00 and replace the existing files there

- drag the folder patch00 to the batchfile package.bat and you will get a new file patch00.pak

Thanks SirAvenger - I'll put these instructions up onto the original post

Thank you, I think I might just give it a go, seeing as how I am feeling very tech lucky this morning. :)