Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96584 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22209715/ARMA2_OA_Build_96584.zip

quite some crashfixes included, some debug traps for tracked issues

several other betas regressions shall be fixed too

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: SUPPORTED, enjoy ...

Edited by Dwarden

we got crash on wasp server, logs sent.

This beta does not support battleye Server-side Event Logging/Blocking.

and large drop in performance.

Edited by kill(o)metr

Possible to get AI switch off weapon lights if in combat + stealth behaviour? Would be great to get some "evil" AI micromanage back = direct orders to switch lights on/off, start/stop engine, drop weapons/stuff, switch to AT/AA (secondary) weapons and back. Its much faster + enjoyable than just wait & prey for AI to do reasonable and proper actions.

Would be great to get some "evil" AI micromanage back = direct orders to switch lights on/off, start/stop engine, drop weapons/stuff, switch to AT/AA

offtop but definitely no with a2 and not sure with a3 :)- but there is progress too,couple of time as soon I jump out of tank driver seat my ai gunner start firing to enemy player chopper with sabots and several times managed to destroy it.

Edited by kotov12345

report a few months ago this problem in Arma2+ArmA2 OA+BAF+PMC 1.62, and with the latest betas the bug persist.

The pictures are just a small sample and animations disappear eyes and necks are stretched

Only ArmA2 without expansions no problem

arma2oa2012052205533952.jpg

arma2oa2012052205542091.jpg

arma2oa2012052205550784.jpg

Sorry my english is no good :j:

I'm pleased to congratulate BIS stuff for killing all our "ArmA2.ru" Linux based servers.

We're still impatiently waiting for 1.62 Linux based patch. Hope Zuma will find a solution... soon.

Edited by Groove_C

I'm pleased to congratulate BIS stuff for killing all our "ArmA2.ru" Linux based servers.

BIS doesn't make anyone run Linux. While I can undernstand your frustation, have you considered changing to a Windows based server? The Linux server updates have nearly always lagged windows server updates since arma1 come out I thought, let alone beta patches?

BIS doesn't make anyone run Linux. While I can undernstand your frustation, have you considered changing to a Windows based server? The Linux server updates have nearly always lagged windows server updates since arma1 come out I thought, let alone beta patches?

You're right. Edited my post.

But hope Zuma is still working on it.

We're still impatiently waiting for 1.62 Linux based patch. Hope Zuma will find a solution... soon.

there is http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?139496-Linux-server-1-62-96458-alpha

and also you can run Windows server on Linux under WINE with minimal performance impact (neglible)

Guys,can you please recheck this fix :

[93657] Fixed: Target is no longer stored in the long-term target list when forgotten for the second time (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27895)

The way it is fixed is not satisfying,as when AI can't see targets it switches to some kind of "scan horizon" behaviour which can be "awkward" sometimes !

I was chatting to Dwarden yesterday about a strange issue I was seeing in this latest beta version (server version 1.62.96585). I just wanted to mention it here so that server admins are aware...

Since I installed beta Version 1.62.96585 on the server the arma2server.exe instance is using alot more cpu cycles when it's just sitting there openwaiting after Host identity created. It's using about 20% more cpu per server exe instance when it's initally created and waiting. Once a mission is loaded and running a mission the cpu usage for the arma2server.exe instance remains the same. I would have expected it to have gone up even more.

Dwarden has told me that this is a known issue with this server build and seems not affect game performance, just idle is hungry for some reason. It does not consume any more memory than normal.