Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Probably on PS3 and 360 only, despite the videos\gameplay beign run at a PC. Kojima said that this is the IQ he's looking for the release. Just amazing.

Ground Zeroes is a prologue to MGS5.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IVOs5Pxh8

Can't wait.

EDIT: Embed fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IVOs5Pxh8

Amazing - can't wait too :)

also the story continues from Peace Walker /Chico , Paz etc/ , so i guess this new story is set in late 70's or start of 80's - judging from their weapons and vehicles (FN FNC , UH-60 , Uzi)

btw hopefully MGS5 will be the Outer Heaven on PS4 :D

Oh, man. :icon_mrgreen: This definitely looks like PC, the graphics and art direction is immaculate - no overbloom or other immersion-breaking filters. :icon_mrgreen: If I had to bet, I'd place it on PC and next-generation console release.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/09/02/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeros-visualized/

Kojima has explained in the past that the Fox Engine will move up to the next-generation of games console, PS4 and Xbox 720, with ease thanks to its ability to up scale. For now you’ll be using the new game engine on the current generation, and at the time of writing the release date is unknown.

YT mirror of the above,

TjvUFl5Q6nA

I get the impression that tessellation is being used on characters (dat face) & the environment. :icon_mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Ride of the Valkyries Hind support. :icon_mrgreen:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I hope this will be available on PC. Never played a metal gear game before. Was there even one for PC?

I hope this will be available on PC. Never played a metal gear game before. Was there even one for PC?

Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, both ports, though both worked beautifully. You may want to start the series with these two games in particular, since they follow the main storyline of Solid Snake and there's no need to understand any other... intricate details. MGS 2 graphics, having been released in 2004 AFAIR, are surprisingly up-to-date, though MGS 1 is a bit pixelated. :p

XeQKjBTQh3Q

MGS 3 looks cracking on PC using an emulator as well. ;)

Yeah, I've completed it once on PC with a PS2 emulator. The thing to watch out for is: a highly-clocked CPU is required to run it at a constant 50 FPS, since any deviation from this slows down the game in real-time; not sure whether 4 cores vs. 6/8 cores make a difference. Otherwise no graphical glitches. :icon_mrgreen:

Wow, Ground Zeroes looks amazing. Better come out for pc. I really liked the first MGS game on PS1, and the third on PS2.

From Karel Morikcky's (Gaia) tweet on MGSGZ:

War zone, open world, ground and air vehicles, snakes... seems like #Arma3 finally got some decent comparison :)

Well, he loves MGS and Kojima's work. Was expecting something like that...

htSmSUaWtBE

Kinda on-topic: this one is not directed by Hideo Kojima and it shows, but still - not exactly full retard here. :/ Could be fun, and would explain Raiden's appearance & actions in MGS 4.

Naomi and Mei Ling were crap in the original.

You mean voice acting?

Naomi was the epitome of a

covert triple agent spy

, and a very intelligent woman with mystique about her, which you couldn't put your finger on... Until you know what.

Gray Fox was butchered in the remake as well, not to mention the brilliant original soundtrack of MGS 1.

No competition.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

You mean voice acting?

Naomi was the epitome of a

covert triple agent spy

, and a very intelligent woman with mystique about her, which you couldn't put your finger on... Until you know what.

No, I disliked her hair. Duh.:j: :D

You aren't telling me anything new by the way, I just didn't liked her overblown accent in MGS1 that wasn't even kept for the sake of continuity in the series as seen in MGS4.

And Mei Ling? uuuuh, I don't even know what the voice director told Kim Mai Guest, but she had this stereotypical pre-school asian girl voice that was grating on my nerves as well.

That was thankfully fixed in The Twin Snakes and MGS4.

Gray Fox was butchered in the remake as well, not to mention the brilliant original soundtrack of MGS 1.

No competition.

Errr, what is the point of you sending me the OST again?:confused:

Let me tell you this, I liked both MGS1 and TTS.

You seem to be a purist sure, I get it and respect that, and yes some of the music and cutscenes were just too much (Snake doing backflips and shit) but I just enjoyed the Twin Snakes more thanks to the new gameplay enhancements.

After all, David Hayter gave up half of his paycheck to bring all the old voice actors back. No amount of nostalgia can make me hate this remake. :p

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

No, I disliked her hair. Duh.:j: :D

You aren't telling me anything new by the way, I just didn't liked her overblown accent in MGS1 that wasn't even kept for the sake of continuity (MGS4).

That's it? That's all that you have? Then you have lost already. :D There was no MGS 4 back in 1999. Pick your battles, boy. ; )

That's it? That's all that you have? Then you have lost already. :D There was no MGS 4 back in 1999. Pick your battles, boy. ; )

Hold on a second my good man, this was supposed to be a fight? Are you stupid?

Anyway, no shit. I am aware there was no MGS4 back there (well duh), but that's not relevant to my point at all. I just gave my opinion that I disliked her original voice and that it's not fitting with the latest canon installment, which is a fact, brah.

Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension, idiot.

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

I'll admit that MGS1 had it's better parts, the warhead storage is similar enough but MGS1's had this certain...eerie feel to it, and as nice as it was to have the first person view that was optional with MGS2, it made some of the bosses (Ocelot especially) too easy with head shots. That said, my comment was mainly in part to graphics, reliving MGS1 with graphics more akin to MGS2.

Also Pliskin I am extremely disappointed that in your comparison and mention of sountrack that you did not also include "Encounter" or this one. (was very saddened to see that this wasn't on any of the bosses, even the final one, big shame since it made EVERY battle all the more epic)