sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

Glad to see development continue. Hopefully we will see mods added and updated more frequently in the future. PWS is easily the best and easiest way to handle large amounts of mods, especially with custom repositories. Thanks for all your hard work on this project, Sickboy.

Anyone else having problems with PWS recognizing local mods for Arma 3? I have no probrem with Arma 2 local mods but almost none of the Arma 3 local mods show in PWS, either from the modfolder nor the game folder. Very rarely I've had some of them show in local mods after reinstalling the mod multiple times... All the mods work fine when launched via parameters. Could it be something to do with Arma 3's alpha status on PWS? I'm not using the new beta version of PWS.

As I already mentioned, all local mods show up fine for Arma 2.

Anyone else having problems with PWS recognizing local mods for Arma 3? I have no probrem with Arma 2 local mods but almost none of the Arma 3 local mods show in PWS, either from the modfolder nor the game folder. Very rarely I've had some of them show in local mods after reinstalling the mod multiple times... All the mods work fine when launched via parameters. Could it be something to do with Arma 3's alpha status on PWS? I'm not using the new beta version of PWS.

As I already mentioned, all local mods show up fine for Arma 2.

Mods normally dont show up under local mods if they also exist on the network, thats not the case I reckon?

I do remember a bug, possibly when not starting pws up with ARMA 3 selected, have you confirmed the problem exists also when starting up with ARMA 3?

Regardless of not using the betas, could you please confirm the issue is either the same or solved when using pws 1.5? thanks!

No it doesn't help if I start it up with Arma 3. Some of them might be found on PWS, but not up to date, so don't know if that's the issue. All of them are not anyway, and it wouldn't explain how sometimes they would show after multiple reinstalls.

I'm glad to report though, that all of the local mods were showing up in the 1.5 beta, so it seems to work there. Looking forward to the next official update. :)

Latest build available! Planning on v1.5 stable release coming Wednesday, please if you find any issues, now is the time!

(Posting to A3 thread once it's been dispatched from the closed A3 beta forum :p)

Original Post

The latest Play withSIX v1.5 BETA build (655) is now available, currently only for manual download. (Extract and use from a separate folder, do not overwrite the official stable files)

20uzxnc_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

This should be one of the last beta builds of Play withSIX v1.5

Highlights

• Many bug fixes and small improvements

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Edited by Sickboy

Planning on stable 1.5 release tomorrow evening, thank you all for your feedback and testing so far,

feedback and bug reports still very welcome to be included in the release tomorrow... so please let us know if you run into anything, thanks!

Great work with PWS, I use it loads for arma 2 nowdays. Hope soon arma 3 will get some extra love soon too.

Thanks again.

Oh yes, I know it's not a huge issue but when will the Arma 3 thumbnail be updated. It still says Alpha LOL

2m4f4mv.jpg

Finally we can share the new version of Play withSIX with you!

It's been a while since the latest stable release, with over 3 months of hard work on significant improvements.

Arma 3 just got released and you are probably eager to get your hands on the latest and greatest content available. Rejoice we've got you covered and just made that even easier than before!

Read the full post at our blog!

Available for you to download and enjoy, auto update from old version follows next week.

(Portable installation; Just download to your desktop or downloads folder, and run it right there)

Edited by Sickboy

Rather bad timing just days after your big release but it seems your website is being blocked :(

I just get

"TransIP

Access denied

This domain has been blocked. The administrator of this domain is advised to contact (https://www.transip.nl/contact/) TransIP BV.

Note:information about this domain is only provided to the administrator, not to third parties."

Apologies for the situation, it has been resolved in the meantime and should be good again in a few moments (I suspect an hour).

Apologies for the situation, it has been resolved in the meantime and should be good again in a few moments (I suspect an hour).

Great, thanks Sickboy.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!&p=2527744&viewfull=1#post2527744

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!&p=2526442&viewfull=1#post2526442

Edited by Sickboy

I have a question. Is it possible to launch non-playwithsix mods with playwithsix? Because I find there to be lot of mods missing from the mod browser of playwithsix. I want just one program to install and update all the mods that I want but play with six is just kind of lacking behind.

I want to install the AC-130x mod but I can't find it on playwithsix so I place it in the modfolder but it doesn't show up either, please help.

Hi CyclonicTuna,

Mods that are not available on our network are called "Local Mods", in 1.3 they are in a "Local" category.

In 1.5 they are inside the Local section of the Library; Game or Mod folder.

1.5 is highly recommended, and will soon be upgraded to 1.6 (which is currently in beta). 1.6 has some major improvements to ARMA 3 AllInArma support especially regarding local mods for arma1/2/oa/toh.

Currently in both versions if you try to load a mod that is on the official network but is registered as a mod for a different game, the only way you can make it available is either through official compatibility means (like loading AllInArma in ARMA3), or by renaming the modfolder to something different, something unknown to the network.

Thank you for your reply Sickboy! Found it ;)

One more question though, it still says Arma III alpha in the left window (like under my username), is this a problem?

Edited by CyclonicTuna

New Play withSIX 1.6 released! http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!&p=2534063&viewfull=1#post2534063

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

One more question though, it still says Arma III alpha in the left window (like under my username), is this a problem?

Please upgrade to Play withSIX 1.5 (or newer) :)

I have a question about Play withSix update process. Since i installed PwS my version is same 1.3.0.476. When i try to update

- tools/check for update/check for update

it wont update and i see lot of new versions stable and bata. Is my auto update not working is there auto update or i should update manually? How to update manually? :o

Sorry for the late reply. Currently we don't auto-update users on v1.3 as the latest builds (v1.5 and up) removed compatibility with Win XP.

If you like to install the newer versions you have to go to our website instead.

Could you please update the Canadian Armed Forces mod.The version on play with six is way outdated. Thanks :)

I recently updated to v1.7 from 1.3, and I really dislike the new UI and interface, and how mods are organized into. It's not that it's bad anything, I just really prefer the old version and how everything was setup. However I cannot seem to find version 1.3 on the internet anywhere. If anyone could help me out and get my v1.3 back up and running, that would be sweet.