Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

Little birds vs c-130

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ June 26 2002,03:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn. I ride in the things 10+ times a year. If someone wants pictures of the inside they just have to ask. Nothing fancy about the C-130. It has over 250,000 moving parts and it makes for a scary landing. Rather jump out of it. I'm still an original advocate in seeing one in OFP though. It is true that the conventional military (U.S.) conducts airborne ops mostl out of C-130's & C-141's, but we jump helos alot more frequently in the SOCOM community. We had an ODA jump a Mi-17 down at JRTC. Also got to see an 160th SOAR MH-47 up close. Mulitple Kiowa Warriors, Blackhawks (ho-hum), and even saw a Mi-24 in action (bad ass). OFP does not model jumping out of a Mi-17 correctly. The aft section under the tail opens up horizontally and the jumpers exit the rear. Static line jumps are not possible though, only HALO/HAHO. Saw something funny, the Kiowas have to taxi to the runway to take off, since they have skids they taxi by hovering about 6 feet off the ground. Looks difficult to maintain. When one Kiowa passed us (we were waiting on the flightline for our bird) the gunner stuck his arms out the door and was pretending to row. It was funny as hell. Damn those things have tiny cockpits. I don't think they assign very big guys to Kiowa crews.<span id='postcolor'>

Again, it's the AC-130 interior pictures that are hard to find not the C-130.  Although there are some MOD groups making C-130's that may take you up on your offer if they run into problems finding enough pictures.  But the AC-130 is a whole other ball of wax with lots of classified information surrounding it and not a hell of a lot of pictures of the interior are available.   At any rate I have some pics of the interior and know someone who used to work on them, but I'm just waiting for someone to take me up on the offer who's serious about doing such a project. So far nobody that I know of is working on an AC-130 gunship.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Spectre Gunships are kinda rare these days. Today's Air Force hates slow, unsophisticted aircraft. Hell, they want to do away with the A-10. I don't recall ever seing an AC-130 at any AFB that I've ever been to.

there is a AFB near Pensacola Florida that has about 20 AC-130 Gunships... I used to live there,and I went to the PX and the Commissary every week... (which is right near the Flight line)...

been so long ago,I have forgotten the exact name of the base.... dammit...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FubarGrn @ June 26 2002,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is a AFB near Pensacola Florida that has about 20 AC-130 Gunships... I used to live there,and I went to the PX and the Commissary every week... (which is right near the Flight line)...

been so long ago,I have forgotten the exact name of the base.... dammit...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I used to live in Pensacola, FL also near that base. The base is Eglin AFB if I remember correctly. If I remember correctly that's where most of AC-130's are stationed unless they moved them. I never got to go see them though. I spent most of my time around the Naval Air Station. Beautiful city Pensacola is. I loved the place!

But anyways back on topic....I hope someone attempts to modify a C130 into a AC-130 once they come out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

adammo,

i sent you an IM concerning your little birds, please check it out. also, suma say's that no addons will be affected by resistance, so get those mh-6's released to the community, because we want those babies! great work by the way!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> also, suma say's that no addons will be affected by resistance,<span id='postcolor'>

What are you talking about?

I already know that there is a problem with 1.46 because I tested it. the issue was resolved in 1.60.

1.60 is a beta patch. so im releasing them for the new official build which is Resistance.. nothing has changed.

what am i talking about? take a look at the first thread of this forum and it will tell you what i'm talking about. the developer himself said that resistance will not affect any addons that are out and it does not matter what version you have installed. better yet, here is what he said:

Suma

OFP Lead Programmer

Group: OF developer

Posted: June 26 2002,08:52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As thead created by Avon Lady few days ago caused some confusion about what will be necessary do to before installing Resistance, here is summarization:

Before you install Resitance you do not have to do any preparations.

You do not have to reinstall Flashpoint, you do not have to remove any addons including Gunslinger's editor upgrade, you do not have to remove any sound packs including Dynamic Range sound pack.

No matter what addons, missions, campaigns or sound packs you have installed in your OFP, you do not have remove them.

You can install Resistance over any OFP version

You can install Resistance over any OFP version, including 1.00, 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.40, 1.42, 1.46. Even when you have MPTest 1.60, it does not matter - it will not interfere.

All addons will be accessible from Resistance

All custom addons you installed in OFP will still be accessible from Resistance. The only exception are most sound packs, which are technically implemented not as addons, but as config modifications.

All missions and campaigns will be accessible from Resistance as well, but some of them may show error messages due to more strict addon management. Singleplayer mission will be able to continue after the error message, in case of some multiplayer mission it will be necessary to edit them on server.

Edited by Suma on June 26 2002,10:12

--------------

Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

now, maybe there is something wrong with your addon and it may need some tweaking, but the head man say's that resistance will not be a "resistance" in you using previous addons. so, are you going to say the lead programmer of this game is a fool or will you do what you can in getting out your work. i'm not flaming you or anything like that, i'm just putting out info. for you guys that are putting addons on hold because of resistance. i'm just saying that you don't have to wait, that is all. all of us in the community really want to get to use your work in the game and have fun, that is all. we just would like to see it released, not to pressure you, but if it is ready.... then let her out.

resistance includes some improvements that are needed to make these addons work correctly

suma said that you could use previous addons with resistance but he hasn't said that you could use addons using resistance features in ofp 1.46

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so, are you going to say the lead programmer of this game is a fool or will you do what you can in getting out your work. i'm not flaming you or anything like that, i'm just putting out info. for you guys that are putting addons on hold because of resistance.<span id='postcolor'>

Bugkill,

First of all I would think before starting to put words in other people mounths. This is no way of making friends.

Second of all,

After reading what Suma has written.. I still don't see any difference. btw are you a MOD maker? if you were you would be aware of the cfgmodel issue that was present in 1.46. Bi has not released a Binizer to the mod community so we need to use the cfgmodels to get the addons to work. If you would have read other posts by me int he past you would also know this because I explained in many times before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but some of them may show error messages due to more strict addon management.<span id='postcolor'>

as you can see here because of more strict addon requirements they are forcing mod makers to address the HWT&L issues regarding the flash bug. This bug will go away if mod makers config their addons properly now.

Third of all,

I have spend my valuable time making these choppers and didn't get paid for it. I don't have to ever release them to the community.

You might want to re-read Suma's post. It doesn't specifically address the bugs that cause the errors. That I am waiting for Resistance so that people will not have 1.46 crash to desktop because they use these choppers.

Also RAN stated it very clearly... thank you RAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">resistance includes some improvements that are needed to make these addons work correctly

suma said that you could use previous addons with resistance but he hasn't said that you could use addons using resistance features in ofp 1.46<span id='postcolor'>

it is just a bit strange to me that the lead programmer for the game is saying one thing and adammo is saying another. why would you make a version for resistance, when you could have made a version for 1.46 and it still would work in resistance? i have yet to hear of when the north american version will be out (which is what i have), so we are kinda left blowing in the wind. i really don't see any good in this, when adammo could have released his work that would benefit everyone. well, this is his creation and he can do what he pleases. i'm just trying to bring up a point that it could have been made in one version (1.46) and still work in the other (1.60/resistance). oh well, i just have to wait.

adammo,

ok, i just read your last post and i appreciate the clearing up of this model issue, but i went through this thread and let me tell you something... i'm one of those "95% of the community" that don't know everything about this game. here is a little bit of what you said:

Adammo

Group: ModMaker

Posted: June 24 2002,15:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got this from CM:

"We are pleased to inform you that Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (PC) CD Rom is launching this

Friday 28th June 2002. Visit the official website at: http://www.codemasters.com/ofp-resistance"

btw, once its out and people are playing it .. I will release the choppers...

I textured as you can see and upgraded the choppers to version 2. In doing so I also upgraded the choppers so that they will only work in Resistance. I don't want to worry about people complaining that they can't put the choppers in version 1.60 because there is no editor to be found (in 1.60) to create missions with the little birds..

now, i took this as you saying that you had working in one version and then decided to have it work in only resistance. also, you should know by now that crying about not getting paid and that you don't have to release anything falls on deaf ears around here. you are not the only guy with talent in this community and there are others making these choopers, so you are not god. i also don't care about making friends around here, i did not disrespect you or anybody else, so that comment was not even warranted. if you felt that i misunderstood what you are doing, just say so! you don't have to go into all this crap about making friends and not getting paid for your work. dude, i have no beef with you at all, i'm just looking forward to work and i'm just surprised that you did not keep a version of your choopers for 1.46, when some of us will not get 1.60 for awhile, that is it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm just surprised that you did not keep a version of your choopers for 1.46, when some of us will not get 1.60 for awhile, that is it. <span id='postcolor'>

I never made a version that would ever work in 1.46. A properly configured addon will not properly work in 1.46 period.

the addons that people have been playing with were never properly configured.. and would look really dumb in Resistance you will see onces its out and you try to use the old addons..

1.60 is a beta patch and is not Resistance

I too am in USA and have to wait.

adammo,

brother, i have a better understanding of where you are coming from. i'm cool and i did'nt mean to come off as a jerk in my previous posts. it was a total misunderstanding and no problem exist between you and me (on the gaming level). to be honest with you, i think you got great talent and i can't see how you can't make this for 1.46, because i think that alot of people may not upgrade. the reason i think they won't is by what you just posted, that all the other addons they got won't look good in resistance, that would suck, no matter how nice resistance is. well, i'm going to ask suma and i hope that maybe he will shed more light on this issue. peace and keep up the good work.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH BOLLOCKS

the 1.46 addons in resistance will look as good as their authors made them

adammo can't make a 1.46 version of his chopper because He included changes and new features from resistance in his models that aren't in ofp 1.46 , it signify also that the addon won't work in ofp 1.46 cuz of the lack of these new features

adammo don't feel the need to make a 1.46 version , so he won't , it is his right to do anything he want with his addon

and i also think that he has only made a resistance version because resistance offers more possibilities in addon making than ofp 1.46

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the 1.46 addons in resistance will look as good as their authors made them<span id='postcolor'>

actually they will look a lot worse if they only programmed them for directx (which many of them have)

This is because it forces the rules used in HWT&L mode into directx mode..

The mod community is aware of this issue and are revamping their addons to be complient with Resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (302_GySgt.Casey @ June 26 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so i will have to get new add ons?<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like it...damn that's going to seriously suck considering that a lot of my favorite addons are made by people no longer making addons anymore. sad.gif

I guess I'll have to have one installation of OFP version 1.46 on my Win98 partition and another installation of OFP with the Resistance Expansion pack on my Win XP partition. It'll be like having two games...that does suck though...

That of coarse unless OFP-Resistance gives you the choice of playing the Resistance upgrade or the 1.46 version since they say that they left the 1.46 part intact.

It would have been nice if BIS started warning addon makers A LOOOOONG time ago in a very public manner about these issues. sad.gif

Maybe they did, but I never saw that posted anywhere until I heard Adammo talking about it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I don't understand. I mean, I think I understand why Adammo can't release it until Resistance, but Suma's sticky thread at the top of this forum says that every addon made in a previous version should work fine in Resistance. I doubt that Suma could be wrong here, considering he's staff...

Ah well, Resistance comes out in only 2 days, so we'll all know then.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Serapis @ June 27 2002,03:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't understand. I mean, I think I understand why Adammo can't release it until Resistance, but Suma's sticky thread at the top of this forum says that every addon made in a previous version should work fine in Resistance. I doubt that Suma could be wrong here, considering he's staff...

Ah well, Resistance comes out in only 2 days, so we'll all know then.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that what he means is that the 1.46 section will still work along with all the addons, but that the Resistance section and ITS addons will be seperate? Oh well... like you said we'll all find out soon enough. I can't wait to drive that bus! smile.gif

I'll make a whole mission simulating being a bus driver. smile.gif

Actually I plan on making some hostage rescue missions with that one...but only if my terrorist unit addons work with Resistance. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Now that Resistance is out.., you will start to see the muzzle flash and other strange things as I predicted. It can be fixed.. i would suggest writing the mod maker and having them add the CFGMODELS in the cpp file for their type of addon.

I'm already seeing people commenting about it in the news groups.

Capt Moore

Sure..

I just sent the e-mail to ofp.gamezone.cz ..

They have the littlebirds now..

they hopefully will release the littlebird up on thier FTP site today.

have fun all.

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ June 29 2002,13:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure..

I just sent the e-mail to ofp.gamezone.cz ..

They have the littlebirds now..

they hopefully will release the littlebird up on thier FTP site today.

have fun all.

Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

Wooohoooo! biggrin.gif

who did u send it too ?

cuz bojler is out for two weeks for a trip in france and he left today

hope you sent it to monty or dusand