Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarModACE Release thread

Hey Gunter, do you know which of the addons you have for COWarMod forces you to zoom in when you aim down the sights, which doesn't require you to hold a button? That's a really useful addition to the game, and I was curious what it was called.

Hey i was playing with your mod today and ran into a bug when i was walking up the stairs inside the bank building in fellujah, and it broke my legs and killed me. I was wondering has anyone else gotten this and if so is their something i can delete to prevent this from happening again, i really like the concept of this mod so keep up the good work. :)

Hey i was playing with your mod today and ran into a bug when i was walking up the stairs inside the bank building in fellujah, and it broke my legs and killed me. I was wondering has anyone else gotten this and if so is their something i can delete to prevent this from happening again, i really like the concept of this mod so keep up the good work. :)

That's more than likely something in the building make-up, not this mod.

Try removing all of your mod's other than 'Fallujah' and see if it still happens.

ran into a bug when i was walking up the stairs inside the bank building in fellujah, and it broke my legs and killed me.

And this bug is what? please be more specific and provide more details or I cannot help you, as ChrisB suggested, remove all your mods,

go and do the same thing and see if its not the building with some warping, or geometry issue.

And this bug is what? please be more specific and provide more details or I cannot help you, as ChrisB suggested, remove all your mods,

go and do the same thing and see if its not the building with some warping, or geometry issue.

It seems to also happen with another building in fallujah, also it only started happening when we put the warmod on the server yesterday. i think it has something to do with the tactical movement thing and the tops of the stairs for some reason only the top tryed with buildings from fallujah and regular OA , but i could be totally wrong. our mods are ace acex acexpla acexusnavy acexru fellujah eod blastcore RH hellisounds "Rh weapons all of them" CBA CO

Note it only kills me when i use a weapon when running up them and it onley kills me at the very top of the stairs. also if you guys want me to test anything else just ask.

hmm more specific i fall over and i get a black tunnel fission around my screen 20 seconds or so later i die. sorry if im terrible at the fourms thing

edit also tryed without fallujah same thing

Edited by mal_wilson

It seems to also happen with another building in fallujah, also it only started happening when we put the warmod on the server yesterday. i think it has something to do with the tactical movement thing and the tops of the stairs for some reason only the top tryed with buildings from fallujah and regular OA , but i could be totally wrong. our mods are ace acex acexpla acexusnavy acexru fellujah eod blastcore RH hellisounds "Rh weapons all of them" CBA CO

Note it only kills me when i use a weapon when running up them and it onley kills me at the very top of the stairs. also if you guys want me to test anything else just ask.

hmm more specific i fall over and i get a black tunnel fission around my screen 20 seconds or so later i die. sorry if im terrible at the fourms thing

edit also tryed without fallujah same thing

Video perhaps, seeing is far better ;)

Also do you use SMK or ST movement, are they in the mod, not sure don't use COWARMOD, but I do use quite a few of the mod's that are in it.

Tunnel vision thing is ACE i.e. your dying or near to it. Got to get medic quick.:)

Test on other maps, even stock maps to see if you can reproduce the issue, also without the mod and just ACE only.

Ok after doing a bunch of tests on diferent maps here is what i came up with

apart from all stairs the doorway on the school kills you.

No mods - no problem cherno,takistan,zargabad maps

Ace onley - no problem takistan,cherno

Ace,acex - no problem Takistan,cherno

Ace,cowarmod killed on stairs or doorway tryed with cherno,takistan,zargabad

same result as above with acex and the same with fellujah

it seems my guy has a problem stopping his run animation and it glitches him out on stairs and doorways its like he has way to much momentum. further on this i can seem to run into the front of the mi17 and stand inside of it lol

i dont have smk or st movement enabled i didnt test on ustes desert or any of those because i dont think they have any buildings

it seems my guy has a problem stopping his run animation
its like he has way to much momentum

While not in a building does your character if you watch him in 3rd person fumble his weapon while at the same time what you said above?

If so thats SMK, look at your CoWarMod addons folder again and make sure you dont have the following files:

smk_anims + bisgins

smk_anims_manager + Bisigns

Only SMK does what you described, there is nothing else that will do that.

i had reported that to Smookie back in the day about that to see of that could be changed but it didn't.

There is a readme I had put together that is included with the mod, its titled:

Player/Character Movement Features, its located @COWarMod\Customization\Player movement files then the readme is inside it lists and give

extensive detail about every file that deals with character movement in COWarMod.

Hey Gunter, if it's no trouble, do you have a list of all of the mods this compilation has? I know there's a lot to this mod collection, but I was curious to what exactly everything is. Diving into it makes it a little hard to grasp it all at surface level. :P

Go to @COWarModACE\Documentation, and one of the folders there is a readme of everything that in the mod, i dont have the mod on my computer,

so it should read all features list. Readmes are there for a reason.

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of all the addons included in COWarMod so i dont duplicate any addons?

Does anyone know

i do since i built the mod :bb:

Look in

@CoWarModACE\documentation\features\all features list (readme)

The all features list readme lists every addon (pbo file) in the mod at the top, below the list is the dsescription of those addons in order.

Hopefully you are asking about COWarModACE as the thread here indicates and not CoWarMod itself, as CoWarModACe is a custom

version of COWarMod made for ACE's features and files.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by Günter Severloh

Hello. Yes there is.

Download this file and put it into your COWarModACE addons folder.

This will replace (update) slx_wounds.pbo with this file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0fcouddolox4z1/no%20bleeding%20file.zip

Note:

This turns off bleeding only, but blood spray, and blood splashes are still working.

Also note that that this file has been updated in other areas, see this post for details:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125806-A2SLX-amp-COSLX-An-updated-version-of-the-original-SLX-Mod&p=2510218&viewfull=1#post2510218

any questions let me know.

Hi Gunter!

I solved it with your advice in the COSLX thread. Sorry for the cross posting aswell. Hadn't realised what I was saying. Anyway, got it going now, gunna have a play and see what occurs with it.

Thanks for the help.

Spooky

Hi Gunter,

I had a question regarding parts of this mod. When using this mod, or COWarMod, and running, then I come to a full stop, the animations do not have a smooth stop transition when viewed from thirdperson. It appears the player model "lurches" forward one more step after you have let go of the forward button, then it stops fully.

I noticed this even more so when I compare ARMA 3's new animations or transitions from running, loading the guns, side strafing and etc...

Is it one of the SMK files? I would like the player to just fully stop when I let go of the run button, as there is about a half of second delay when switching to the stop position to target an enemy. That half of second is crucial in CQB or close range fire fights.

The slight lurch forward IS from the smk animations its not really anything to do with the COwarMod itself. May be worth contacting the author of that addon. I used this animation as part of a smart AI folder I compiled, I found that if I took out the smk animations, it would stop. It annoyed the hell outta me too. Maybe cut and paste the smk anims to your desktop, (which I'll do aswell, least its still floating on the pc) and see if it effects anything, you won't be able to side vault a wall though if you do, I know that for sure.

Your welcome SpookyGnu, and good news.

Is it one of the SMK files?

Yes it is, remove these files:

smk_anims_manager.pbo

smk_anims.pbo

The lite version I prefer myself, it removes all the stuff the full one has except for a few things, i personally couldn't stand the fumbling

at the end when your character would stop, like he was about to loose his gun because he was runnign so fast :j:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17861

As for COWarModACE itself as asked by SpookyGnu:

Something to point out though. I use PW6 "ALOT". I downloaded the mod through there and I was surprised to "not"

see the ACE version on PW6. I had to go to your website for it (which I found by chance), I installed the ACE version then did the

update patches. Is there the possibilty you could supply the community with an ACE version on PW6 with the latest patches?

After downloading the mod, and the patches, as I didn't have the mod on my hard drive anymore, i decided that I will create an

updated version of the mod where all patches are applied. I will even update the mods in the mod that have been updated since my last patch for the mod.

So i will create this new version for Play With Six, and a version for Armaholic download (zip/rar).

I was thinking of when this latest version is ready, before I release, if anyone would be interested in help testing it?

I'm aiming at that this will be final release of the mod as i dont plan on updating it anymore, unless someone else has

something they are running into with issues, or know of something I can add to it.

Let me know, it might be a week or more before I release as I'm receiving all my parts for my new computer tomorrow ;)

I'll help out with the testing of it, least I could do after suggesting it! Could have a friend that may oblige too?? I'll have a root out for the documentation in the mean time.

Edited by SpookyGnu

Great, appreciate it, and yes your friend can help too, i will send you a pm when I have a working updated version.