Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarModACE Release thread

SLX_wounds has only a couple features in it that deal with first aid, but thats not all that it does.

As for the post kill fx issue, i dont get any such problem, not something I can fix or know how to, remove the suggested file if its a big issue for you.

Remove:

slx_melee

slx_melee_give

The files and all their features are listed in the readmes included in the download, you can find them

in the @CoWarModACe/documentation/features

Hey Günter i use arma 2 Steam version the game already do the Upgrade to the 1.62 version i need to install any patch before installing you're mod compiliation?

Günter i just overwrote the files, for the patches one, until the V1.4 and used the Sixupdater to Activate it , any problem doing this way?

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Had the following issues: The rifle zeroing is conflicting with the previous Ace model, so i zero it in one but the other is not zeroed, and doesn't work, when i zero it in both of them, the gun still hits in the default zeroing, and the .308 round it's taking 2 seconds to travel 700 meters, when should be aroun 0.615 seconds, how do i fix the bug?

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Also when i press the gun swap button appears a gun knob on the down right corner, the AC-130 it's not working, and say that is missing one file, the rest it's all good, the SMK it's running fine, the Ai seems more intelligent, the SLX it's giving more gorey, and wounds realism, the Blast core it's perfect, have a gain in FPS, just these little issues that i aim to fix, i have: Arma 2, Arma 2OA, Arma 2BAF, Arma 2 PMC, Arma 2 ACR, all in it's latest versions

---------- Post added at 00:57 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Another error, during campaign game crashes and says out of memory, without the mod the crash don't happen

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

it's saying that is missing a Comunityconfigurationproject files sqf

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

and because of that i cannot play the campaign...say also that one of the cba_xeh_oa.pbo is missing but i have it right on the CBA_CO folder

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

And i cannot press Q to lean left it activates a formation thing

Günter i just overwrote the files, for the patches one, until the V1.4 and used the Sixupdater to Activate it , any problem doing this way?

I dont personally trust sixupdater for certain reasons, I do everything manually, but just to let you know that on Armaholic are all the patches for the mod, the patches when you download them and extract them have a readme that will list what files you need to remove, as removing files are usually files that are old versions, or files that cause issues in the game. The patches will add new files those that will update existing, and those that will add new features, so I suggest you review the readmes for each patch to make sure you have everything correctly.

The rifle zeroing is conflicting with the previous Ace model, so i zero it in one but the other is not zeroed, and doesn't work, when i zero it in both of them, the gun still hits in the default zeroing, and the .308 round it's taking 2 seconds to travel 700 meters, when should be aroun 0.615 seconds, how do i fix the bug?

remove:

tgw_zeroing.pbo

tgw_zeroing_anzins.pbo

tgw_zeroing_anzins_x.pbo

and see if that solves your issue.

when i press the gun swap button appears a gun knob on the down right corner

Thats this mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18427

watch the video for it on that page, at 11:53 is the knob you are referring too, the knob is the elevation and windage for

sniper rifles that have scopes, if you dont want that then remove the scopefx.pbo

the AC-130 it's not working, and say that is missing one file

And the file is?

if you like that feature then download it and reinstall it:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10136&highlight=AC-130

Another error, during campaign game crashes and says out of memory, without the mod the crash don't happen

Nothing i can do for you here, your running almost 200 mods with CoWarModACE, so its up to you with our without the mod, the mod is customizable so,

i really dont know what to tell you.

it's saying that is missing a Comunityconfigurationproject files sqf

I need an rpt to see what its linked to other wise that dont really tell me anything other then its a debug message popping up, if everything is running fine then ignore it.

also that one of the cba_xeh_oa.pbo is missing but i have it right on the CBA_CO folder

CBA is out of my hands nothing to do with the mod even though its required, i would suggest use the old cba version not the CBA_CO version,

running that version I had no issues, if you want I can link you to the old files as i have them still.

And i cannot press Q to lean left it activates a formation thing

i dont know how many times I answered this question, the mod is called ARD, go into your userconfig and look for ard, review the hpp and change your controls, as by default the controls for ard are those keys for lean, if you dont want ard then remove it, but this is what it does:

http://warmod.webs.com/ardallarounddefense.htm

Thanks man, there are a few things from you're mod like the Marines Skin, the SMK, heli extras, the new menu when you press the space button and try to command you're guys, the Zeus Ai...the problem with manual installation it's that i have to add file by file that i want, and i'm not good in remembering names, i can read the mod name now, and try to re-write it on the exec, file options, and i will have forgot, the other issue is the ballistic, and i loved blast core..and i removed all the files that the instructions told me to

If you go into @COWarModACE\documentation\features\all features list (readme)

there you can find a listing of all addons/mods in the mod and description for each, then also broken down by subject, in the features by subject readme.

marine skins/zeus Ai is not in the mod.

i noticed theres a new look for scopes on weapons. what is the addon called. i think its interfering with dagger scopes.

Be more specific and with detail or I cannot help you, also refer to the enclosed readmes I spent many hours/days on, as my previous post suggests.

Hello,

My game gets a CTD about a minute after combat. I use COWarModACE, ace, jsrs and also a lot of army mods etc. Using VTE, UNSUNG, COWarModACE, ACE and jsrs seems to work fine.

many thanks

not sure if thuis can help, stuff from my arma2oa.RPT:

Vertex buffer needs to be created before rendering. Out of memory? x\ace\addons\sys_blood\drop_1.p3d (lot's of those at the end)

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0095AB8C

Allocator: G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

I can suggest: Increasing virtual memory, or decreasing post-processing effects. How much RAM does your machine have?

I can suggest: Increasing virtual memory, or decreasing post-processing effects. How much RAM does your machine have?

8GB, I will try these things next thing tommorow too see if it works. So it's a memory issue not conflicting mods right? Thanks for the fast reply!

I'm just another "user" hehe. you may also want to take a look at http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator I just let it use the system allocator.

Try running Arma2 with just this mod and ACE and see if it comes up with any errors. I wonder if there's a theoretical limit on how many addons A2 can take before it breaks down.

I'm just another "user" hehe. you may also want to take a look at http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Custom_Memory_Allocator I just let it use the system allocator.

Try running Arma2 with just this mod and ACE and see if it comes up with any errors. I wonder if there's a theoretical limit on how many addons A2 can take before it breaks down.

Well, I tried both but still the same. What's the diffrence between the allocators?

from general knowledge it seems you're running out of memory, or the engine is refusing to allocate what's needed. since this mod is a compilation it'll be a bit difficult to ascertain which module is the culprit. If you can run it with ACE2 minus the other addons it might indicate a conflict with one of the other larger mods.

Well, the odd thing is I kind of made different mods to launch depending on era (vietnam war, cold war,ww2). When using cowarmodace, ace and jsrs with any of those it works. But when using my "modern setting" where I use a lot of mods extra (armies, islands) I get the CTD a minute after combat. So or I get out of memory because of the large amount of mods or maybe one of them conflicts or something.

EDIT: hmm, using ACE and putting cowarmodace off gives the same effect

Edited by iandes

Well, My problem is fixed. After going through all the mods and trying to play it turned out that the Dutch Armed Forces mod was the problem. Odd, didn't expect that. Glad it's over, thanks for the help Pulstar!

hello,

I have recently installed COWarModACE (with updates to 1.3) and ACE2 on my ArmA2:CO and it works fine and flawless, and I am impressed with the amount and awesomeness of the features, there's just one issue, with CoWarMod, it shows a radar screen at the bottom in the field of view which shows the group members, and to the right of it stand their names; how can I turn these (radar, names) off?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-r

EDIT: problem solved (found feature list file, it was fthud) - thanks nevertheless

Edited by ryprak

@iandes, happy to read you solved your issue, i had replied to your post on my website's forums, but in the future I suggest you post here as i will see it sooner then my site.

Sometimes I wont answer a question or post, as you and pulstar seem to have been leaning towards figuring out your issue, and so you did.

I have recently installed COWarModACE (with updates to 1.3)

Hello ryprak, welcome to BIS forums!

Thank you for checking out COWarModACE, and glad you like it.

There is a patch that you did not get:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23268

it will update the mod to v1.4

it shows a radar screen at the bottom in the field of view which shows the group members

Yes as you have discovered the enclosed readmes, and found it to be fhud good for you, i wish more players with questions with the mod would review

the readmes, im sure all modders can say the same.

Any further questions let me know.

Whenever i try to unload units from a helicopter they will unload but the helicopter will hover endlessly or just spool on the ground after all the units disembark. This appears to be the same behavior that BI had problems with but then fixed with an OA patch i believe. I can get the helicopters to unload troops and continue to the next way-point without any mods active and with ace. However when i add COWarModACE the helicopter pilots AI seems to break. Whether i try to use get-out on a way-point on the soldiers and sync it to the helicopter way-point with just move as the helicopter way-point type it does the same thing. :confused:

Hi, welcome to BIS forums!

Sorry to read about your issue, i think the issue might be something with the AI mods in COWarModACE, i cant really say, suggest remove the file for the AI addon.

The mod overall is modular which means that you can remove most of the addons in in the addons folder of the mod (@COWarModACE/addons) and play how you like with whatever features you want.

I forget what Ai mods are in the ace version exactly as i dont have the mod on my computer, what you can do is open the @COWarmodACE folder and there should

be other folders inside of it that says Documentation, inside somewhere should be a folder that is titled Features by subject, if you look in there it should be one that says AI enhancement,

it will tell u which AI addons are in the mod, forgive me I haven't looked at the mod probably in over a year so, try that and let me know where your at, I'll do the best to help you.

It seems to be the asr ai addons. Not sure yet if its just one part or if its the main file itself. Would be a shame if i couldn't use the ai re-arming.

Checking into see if anyone else has had this problem with asr ai before.

I haven't personally experienced that issue with ASR_AI and ACE however rarely do I deal with player-led AI units. A few things to make sure of with heli extractions/dropoffs:

- make sure there is lots of clear, flat space around the LZ - AI pilots don't like to land in tight areas

- if you are using editor waypoints to land at the LZ make sure you have another move WP for the AI pilot to goto once units have been dropped off