Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

P&C Beta ends on the 30th

So this means there is no point in reporting issues on the feedback tracker anymore then?

Until that time I'm sure it's business as usual.

Now that the game is nearing completion, feedback will no longer be necessary. Nevertheless, those who signed up for the P&C program will still able to play the beta.

Lead Designer, Jaroslav Kasný, said:

"As a result of the Play & Contribute Beta, we've been able to improve almost every aspect of the game. It was inspiring and motivating to see the wonderful response from our already passionate community. On behalf of me and all my colleagues, I'd like to thank you all for the great support!"

It would seem that the devs are quite grateful for your input up until this point, and after the 30th will move forward with a pre order scheme. Thank you to all participants.

Surely, if they are still looking for P&C reports, they will let us know in due course.

Edited by Max Power

Well I'd say it was not a well thought out answer. Maybe for the beta/release version, they can no longer integrate input,

yet I would assume certainly post release (via patches, DLC, etc).

Oh my god :(

"Now that the game is nearing completion, feedback will no longer be necessary"

I am very dissapointed that nearly nothing that got posted here from PC owners got an anwser. So it seems to me game will get released very unfinished and in a bad state, not at all what we had awaited from this remake.

Very sad to say this.

If beta2 is anything to go by, then it's still has a long way to go before release. So...... :)

I seriously doubt the Beta is reflecting the actual game too much. I am sure the developers didn't not just lay around the last few months enjoying the summer or so. They did improve the game as you can see watching the latest E3 video from end of June - the game on that video is as different from our Beta version as the Dark Knight Rises from the Batman TV series. Don't get me wrong: I feel ignored by the developers, too. I seriously wonder, why they installed a feedback tracker in the first place to basically disregard it thereafter. I was missing feedback and a certain amount of attention from Bohemia, I did spend hours to test and write my reports after all (even if I could not avoid to have fun doing it).

But all of this does not impair my anticipation. I am looking eagerly forward to one of "my personal game of the year 2012" candidates. And I am still happy to get two versions of it for a very reasonable price.

There are modifications for the game planned, for example the ego-shooter perspective. I think they will insert Soldiers of some kind. I think that because I read the last screen, wenn you quit the CC P & C Beta. According that screen, there will be different climates, too. I hope there will be a cycle of dayhours. With sunbreak and moonlight and so on. I would love that. I noticed the birds singing in the beta. Wonderfull and a bit irrealistic. But I like it. The beta alone was worth the money. I really hope it come really out, and will not be placed on hold.

I think the beta that we got here is nothing more than the original routines of the game in a modern "superb gfx and audio dress". That the contribute term was the 30th, took me by surprise. I hope this game will become entertaining like the old one or more than the old one. Since I played Carrier Command I found no other game with this kind of theme until Hostile Waters came along. And since then it was never boring, and this since nearly 12 years !! And this without a moving carrier or a battle against a second carrier.

Edited by Antares

Still waiting for beta3 !

I cannot ever have the beta 2 because the link is still for the first version !

In our dreams i guess...

Do we have to pay another time for it ?

A shame !

That was not the primal deal for P&C beta if i understood well !

Hi guys,

Still waiting for beta3 !

A new version of the Beta is on the way. We're preparing it and will have it out of the door ASAP. Sorry for the long wait.

Take care,

Martin Melicharek

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Do we have to pay another time for it ?

Just to clarify, no, you only pay for the beta once. Hope that clears any issues.

Hi guys,

A new version of the Beta is on the way. We're preparing it and will have it out of the door ASAP. Sorry for the long wait.

Take care,

Martin Melicharek

That's fantastic, not only because we get to play with updated mechanics, but also it seems like a good idea to at least bring out one final beta to catch any big issues now, rather than at the release date, it feels to me that anything we mention it beta 2 is old hat now. being so far behind in the pipeline.