Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Run for the hills!

One of those questions to ponder while drinking heavily...

"What would you do with the last few hours prior to all life being vaporized by an asteroid..."?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 21 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"What would you do with the last few hours prior to all life being vaporized by an asteroid..."?<span id='postcolor'>

Read the Forums... tounge.gif

hehe...make my last pro-US post....since i would have the last word biggrin.giftounge.gif

And then run for the hills....quickly.

Anyone read the book "Lucifer's Hammer"...good one....has good detail about what it would be like when an asteroid/comet would hit...

geez....the Apocalypse is upon us!

I dunno...it would be interesting to see wouldn't it...granted you wouldn't be around to talk about it....but it sure would be a sight....the flameing streak in the sky...the firestorm...the shockwave and dust....don't see THAT everyday

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ June 21 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">geez....the Apocalypse is upon us!<span id='postcolor'>

I think im going to go hide under a satchel for a bit...

I'll be playing OFP to the bitter end. The smoldering charcol briqutte that used to be my body still clinging to keyboard and mouse, trying to get that last guy to make the mission end...

On the other hand...I've got this really cute woman as a neighbor I've always wanted to... *ahem* tounge.gif

It could be worse. That once could have been a lot larger and come a lot closer wow.gif

Pretty scary, that on the right orbit, you wont even see it until its about to hit! Hard to send Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck up to blow it to bits when you have no idea that its even coming!

Sort of puts how big your next paycheque will be, into proper perspective.

i heard that there is a small chance that we may be hit by and asteriod in some 800 years. Ill try to find the news article on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 21 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the other hand...I've got this really cute woman as a neighbor I've always wanted to...  *ahem*  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

[bad joke]Give flowers to her?  wink.gif  tounge.gif [/bad joke]

I'd gather some friends, smoke and drink like demons and then visit the towns finest horehouse. Then I'd put on some pink floyd and just meditate lying on the floor. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ June 24 2002,07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PopUpTarget @ June 21 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the other hand...I've got this really cute woman as a neighbor I've always wanted to...  *ahem*  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

[bad joke]Give flowers to her?  wink.gif  tounge.gif [/bad joke]<span id='postcolor'>

Ummm...yeah, "Give flowers to her"...that's it. Right... wink.gif

it's all about arranging words in the right order. What he meant was "Give to her flower"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i heard that there is a small chance that we may be hit by and asteriod in some 800 years. Ill try to find the news article on it.

<span id='postcolor'>

If humanity still exists in the year 2800, then we will have the technology to turn that asteroid into atomic dust biggrin.gif

I wonder what would had happen if it hit the moon. Earth would slowly come outa outa orbit from the sun... or maybe come closer to the sun :/

Imagine that.... getting fryed :/ Talk about global warming biggrin.gif

The world will someday come to an end. The end doesn't even require a collision with an wandering spacebody. Given enough time the moon will someday collide with the Earth or its orbit will become so close that the gravitational pulls will destroy both bodies.

Every year the Moon's orbit decays a little bit, and approaches the earth a tiny amount. So in a few millions or billion years the end is certain...

Or in other words don't worry about this stuff, there is nothing that could really be done to prevent it.

Imagine an asteroid comes so close to the earth that it passes through our atmosphere, and gets slingshoted back in the direction it came from. The heat from the astroid is enough to cause signifigant enviromental changes.

yah that would suck.