Sign in to follow this  
GFX707

M224 60mm mortar

I have made an m224 60mm mortar for OFP. It fires like a more powerful rifle mortar, which sounds a little strange perhaps, but when you see it ingame it is a lot better. It will engage enemies preferably at ranges of 300-500m, and has a commander (who uses binoculars) and a gunner. No scripting is involved. It may seem a little odd to use at first, but when you see the AI using it it is much more realistic. Anyway, have a look at the pics just now and you can have a proper look for yourself tomorrow biggrin.gif

MORTAR2.jpg

MORTAR3.jpg

holy crap!! thats what everyones wanting!! gj mate smile.gif !!!

wow....

Sweet GFX707. Great Job. I cant wait to lauch a few morter rounds into the air.

Keep up the good Work!

WOOHOO!!!! Can't wait dude!!! Hey if you ever need to a pic of a 60mm or an 81mm mortar round just tell me...( don't worry I only got Illum (flare) rounds smile.gif

Also got a 40mm gernade.

Wow! great job cant wait to play it.

Wohoo! This is again great news to OF. You nad Keg are the ones giving us hope of better tomorrow wink.gif

Too bad midsummer is next weekend here in Finland so I don't get to try this fine piece of weaponry before next week.

Very nice work GFX707.

RED

Thats some top work there mate, clever using the armoured vehicle command structure (commander + gunner) to control the thing. Never would have thought of that smile.gif

Ok, it just needs some testing and to see if I can get rid of one final tiny little bug (you have to kill the commander before you can kill the gunner) and it'll be all yours to see what you think biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ June 19 2002,07:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mortar is now released biggrin.gif

get it at http://www.fortress-ofp.com<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, another 6 hours of work here. Must.... wait..... resist.... urge to..... flee.....

-=Die Alive=-

And yes, Gfx707, you managed to make an even greater addon than you already did....carry on the good work!

Tally ho!

Damn GFX707

You beat me too it sad.gif

Great Job biggrin.gif

Will it do indirect fire over a hill though? I have a script and method for this if you want to use it contact me for the method.

I will still be releasing my M224 (3 soldier crew mounted and unmounted on humvees or BRDM and a 6 soldier squad)

Once again great work biggrin.gif

Regards walker

There's so many things I want to try with it. So many questions I want to ask but will wait the 4 and a half hours to get them answered. Oh man, this night will be very, very long.

-=Die Alive=-

The mortar is great, I've been shelling towns all afternoon, but I must ask, will you be making one with more powerful sounds?

hrmmm, it sounds great for me, I am using satchel's sound mod with a few changes, but I don't think that modifies the mortar sounds....maybe I will change it to use those sounds if it does though

I never got on with satchels sounds, so I use normal ones, It has the sound of a grenade launcher.

Sorry about that, I have changed the sounds to sound like what I was hearing. I honestly thought Satchel's didn't modify the mortar sounds. Should sound nice now biggrin.gif

you'll have to redownload it of course wink.gif