Sign in to follow this  
DanielAbrantes

Problem in the sights and shooting

Personally, I have a problem in the sights and shooting. My shot did not come out in the middle of the crosshairs, but below it. Does anyone know fix? I give a shot and the bullet comes out more or less a bit below where I aimed. Does anyone know to solve?

What gun? How far away was the target?

Bullets are affected by gravity, you know...

Is this a description of what you might be experiencing?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]159[/ATTACH]

What gun? How far away was the target?

Bullets are affected by gravity, you know...

Any weapon. If I stand facing the wall about 5 feet away, shooting out at about one meter below the target.

Any weapon. If I stand facing the wall about 5 feet away, shooting out at about one meter below the target.

By the way, where did you buy the game ?

At first I would try updating the game to the latest patch, they are released for a reason and are fixing a lot of problems.

By the way, where did you buy the game ?

Steam.

---------- Post added at 03:12 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

Exactly. I get a little distance from the wall and still come out crooked shot. Exit all the way down instead of out in the middle of the sight.

---------- Post added at 03:13 ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 ----------

one meter? Do you mean one centimeter?

Exactly. I get a little distance from the wall and still come out crooked shot. Exit all the way down instead of out in the middle of the sight.

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 ----------

At first I would try updating the game to the latest patch, they are released for a reason and are fixing a lot of problems.

Mine is the most current, 1.60

Perhaps there is a problem with the wall and not with the weapon? Or with the weapon but not with the game?

Have you tried shooting at other objects? Are you using any mods?

Have you noticed any other strangeness? Have you tried playing online?

Perhaps there is a problem with the wall and not with the weapon? Or with the weapon but not with the game?

Have you tried shooting at other objects? Are you using any mods?

Have you noticed any other strangeness? Have you tried playing online?

I've tried everything, I'm downloading the game again to see if the problem was in the download. Have shot with all the weapons and everything that is singing. I do not know if some configuration is required to make in the game. Resolution influences?

Nope. The weapons project bullets through 3d space. It shouldn't have anything to do with resolution.

By downloading it again, what do you mean? Why would you not just verify the integrity of the game cache?

It's probably a model issue; as I know some HESCOE walls (and other objects) are glitched; where even if your gun looks clear of the object, it will still hit an invisible model. Try backing away a little bit to see if it will clear. I wish Arma had a cover system! (just started playing some Red Orchestra 2 and have really started to like how they implemented cover :D )

OP, you do know bullets are fired from the barrel of a gun not from the middle of your eyes, right?

Of course they will hit a wall if you are pointing your barrel at it.

Nope. The weapons project bullets through 3d space. It shouldn't have anything to do with resolution.

By downloading it again, what do you mean? Why would you not just verify the integrity of the game cache?

How do I check and fix the integrity of game cache?

Right click on the game in steam=>properties=>local flies tab=>verify integrity of game cache

Right click on the game in steam=>properties=>local flies tab=>verify integrity of game cache

When the percentage 100% complete, a message appears: 1 Files failed to validate and will be reacquired.

I´d say this is a feature, not a bug. It´s called sight height over bore: the sights are mounted above the barrel, so the shot is always going to hit below the aimpoint at a short distance. At certain ranges, it´s gonna hit dead center, at others it´ll hit above the sightline. That is how these things work.

When the percentage 100% complete, a message appears: 1 Files failed to validate and will be reacquired.

Then it should redownload the corrupted file.

If you have further problems, perhaps you could provide few screenshots with you shooting various things and showing us what the problem is exactly.

If none of these methods work I would reccomend re-installing the game and having a fresh copy.

See how that will turn out.

Just a heads up on the guns shooting low. The sights tend to be zeroed for 300 metres as standard usually in arma, especialy non adjustable iron and holo types.

This is so they compensate for bullet drop at the 300 metre range as standard, a target closer than 300 you have to start aiming low and targets further you aim higher.

How far away was the target? Bullets are projectiles in Arma, not hitscan.

I was glued to the wall and still below the shot out of sight, crooked.

---------- Post added at 04:01 ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 ----------

I´d say this is a feature, not a bug. It´s called sight height over bore: the sights are mounted above the barrel, so the shot is always going to hit below the aimpoint at a short distance. At certain ranges, it´s gonna hit dead center, at others it´ll hit above the sightline. That is how these things work.

Is to fix this?

---------- Post added at 04:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 ----------

Just a heads up on the guns shooting low. The sights tend to be zeroed for 300 metres as standard usually in arma, especialy non adjustable iron and holo types.

This is so they compensate for bullet drop at the 300 metre range as standard, a target closer than 300 you have to start aiming low and targets further you aim higher.

I know. 300 meters is so. But when you're glued to the wall and shoot out happens crooked?

Stand back a few meters from the wall, go into sighted view. And then see if the shots are still out. I have a feeling it's a parallax issue because you are in third person.