Sign in to follow this  
mycatsaid

Cooperative gamemode

Wondering have the developers made anything similar to the popular cooperative gamemode 'domination' from ArmA 2. Would be very exciting to see something like that in this game.

Thanks!

I love the whole WW2 era and am looking forward to buying this Friday (payday lol) It looks great and the MP video sold me on it. I will definitely be trying my hand at making some missions for it.

I agree, I hope they get the steam preorder page working, there seems to be no buy button. I hope they don't charge extra for the steam edition either, one price for all.

Surely can't be that much work to port over the current domination, being the Arma 2 engine. But then again, I've seen domi code and it's a job just editing the thing never mind recoding lol.

I'd like to see an Evolution type coop mission for the game, but overall i think in the 1st 2 weeks release of the game,

someone will have released a coop or a mission for it.

Of course for Coop, you'll need someone to host the missions.

Dorph;2154490']We can hope that xeno would like IF too :)

No, not interested in IF, sorry. And I have already written in another thread that I don't want to see a Domina port to other RV engine games (only A2/OA and TOH).

Xeno

Sucks. Maybe we will see something similar by someone else then.

Although Xeno's work can not be beat, somebody can take their own attempt at a domination styled gamemode for IF.

I think there will be similar gamemodes for IF a few weeks after release. And don't forget the included coops.

I will port Chernarus Escape to IF. Maybe I can release a first version next week.

And I already have a dominationlike mission (altough it was not designed with domination in mind) and if you guys are interested, I can port it to IF (but help would be appreciated -> PM me).

No, not interested in IF, sorry. And I have already written in another thread that I don't want to see a Domina port to other RV engine games (only A2/OA and TOH).

Xeno

I can understand you don't want to work on IF, but why refusing any port ?

I can understand you don't want to work on IF, but why refusing any port ?

I agree with that one.

He probably doesn't want the grief from people posting bugs about the ported version to him, which will invariably happen. However I have been working on something that generates missions over the map for you to do (can have multiple ones active at once) but without town conquering within Take on helicopters and A2, and am probably going to use it for some IF missions too.

Evo would be soo nice - ill host a server for that one for sure...

Hull there,

I can understand the reluctance to port to A3 as, for me, it's a bit to "future weapons" but it would have been nice to see Xeno's work in IF. His coop missions were also really fun.

But it is his work.

I do however think clones will start to appear fairly soon. They may not be as optimised but they will appear.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with. (and I still have OA for Dom)

Rgds

LoK

Orlock this is Iron Front were talking about not Arma3, its WW2 here no futures weapons in WW2.

well if Hitler had some his inventions produced that were made they would have had been futuristic for the time period.

I think we need missions specific to the type of war were fighting, i mean what would be practical in a realism sense,

not realism per say but based on how they fought in WW2 on the eastern front.

More manual missions, as doing halo, and having teleport, and such things isn't practical if were aiming for the period type fighting,

so I could see a Domination, an Evo, maybe an insurgency, or others stripped down to be more true to what had to be done to kill the enemy.

that of course is just one way of looking at it.

Orlock this is Iron Front were talking about not Arma3, its WW2 here no futures weapons in WW2.

well if Hitler had some his inventions produced that were made they would have had been futuristic for the time period..

Hullo there,

I know that :) I think my sentiments dont translate well. I know no modern weapons are in IF :)

I was under the impression that Xeno wasn't a fan of the "Future weapon" scenario in A3 and he didn't want it ported there.

But as he says earlier in his post, he does'nt want to see it on any other RV engine.

Someone give him beer and convince him otherwise.

Rgds

LoK

My hope is to get to play it in Warfare type of game mode. ;)

Hello all

Perhaps wanting a replica of pre existing missions in IF is the wrong way to think about this.

Not all of the missions directly translate into IF due to things like lack of helicopters, resistance units, vehicles suitable as MHQ etc in IF.

I think what we are after is a mission in the CTI/Dom/Evo/Dynawar/etc spirit and perhaps we should turn our collective minds to coming up with ideas that a seasoned map maker can work with.

thoughts?

Rgds

LoK

I think what we are after is a mission in the CTI/Dom/Evo/Dynawar/etc spirit and perhaps we should turn our collective minds to coming up with ideas that a seasoned map maker can work with.

There are some great tools out there, to help you and anyone interested to collaborate in mission making for IF. Dev-heaven or if you don't have a complete concept you can create a social group here in the forums, maybe something like "Large Scale Dynamic Multiplayer Mission for Iron Front Creation Group (LSDMMIFCG)". By the way: that's a great mission name :yay:

Look on the iron front forums, someone has put a thread up about creating a domination successor.

I just popped into a server yesterday and guess what? it was Evolution! So there is an Evolution version out now. Join their server then look in your Temp MP Missions folder. I'd post it up but it isn't mine to do that for.

We are lucky we have a community with that kind of attitude. Dont use this, dont use that, mine, mine, mine. I just cant stand this greedy elitist attitude. Oh well luckily I think the missions is boring so no loss. Keep your mission as is , God forbid someone add some life to that snoozefest. Here is where i get yelled at for stating what everyone thinks already.

Edited by coma73

Hullo there

LSDMMIFCG? hmmm interesting Us older types will be able to remember the first the letters at least.

As to the EVO that's recently popped up. Is is an "authorised" version? or is it just using the name?

And if it wasn't "legal", what would/could be done about it? Presumably very little.

For eg say I Ported Wolle's Steal the Car over and made some some minor changes. Apart from it being very rude and generally bad form and most likely getting banned from the forum (which for me would be enough). What's to stop the unscrupulous types who want to "cash in" on others hard work?

rgds

LoK

EDIT: Im not condoning it btw.

Edited by orlok