Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - Gameplay Videos

Must See:

I can't speak German so I have no idea what he is saying - judging by his smug (I could have done this better myself) expression I guess it was not a positive review! I like his microphone though - he can pretend to be a a radio DJ!

Most people here are Arma players - you are not going to be surprised with the mechanics of the base game. It inherits both the good and the bad. We are all used to the AI especially when it comes to AI driving - I doubt that it will spoil the enjoyment of the game overall.

Probably people coming to the game from outside of Arma will level the usual critisism whilst forgetting its scale and longevity - I don't think the developers will be surprised by this. All will be good - the online is especially fun right from the start with a load of PvP stuff. There's co-op stuff as well of course. There's an editor too - so hopefully the community will roll up their sleeves and built some shit!

Cool .... WorldOfTanks is getting closer :)

Now we just need artillery pieces (with an overhead view) and the ability for vehicles to 'disappear' when hidden :)

Why do you keep talking about WoT? It is a completely different game and thus has completely different gameplay. I also don't see what a WoT style mission will really bring to Iron Front - apart from IF having another mission.

If you want WoT play WoT.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

yoa_JeOoOt8&

Edited by Snafu

So the game crashing 4 times in one day (playing the tutorial and first few campaign missions) and the AI driving around like blind retards is his fault?

Game crashing could be his PC at fault but it's always the game when it's odd that they do not for the majority.

25th may is the official release, the devs typed that there will be patch right on, I think.

Every game has some problems, if they will fix those problems, this game will become close to legend off WW2 simulators.

But its still long road before that.

Why do you keep talking about WoT? It is a completely different game and thus has completely different gameplay. I also don't see what a WoT style mission will really bring to Iron Front - apart from IF having another mission.

I could forsee it bringing lots of WoT´ers to Iron Front who are fed up with the medi-core scale and looking for something bigger, yet not for SBPro.

Also it´s quite well balanced, and fun ... and why are you not okay with it? I always thought the strenghts of RV engine was that you could do anything with it you want.

That about WoT was clean trolling. :)

Meaningless comments like yours are not trolling, of course.

Fixed in the patch)

I would recommend that you guys use the UnitCapture and UnitPlay command for any mission that requires AI to drive through any sort of obstacles.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

The wheels don't turn or anything, but it works better.

Please, do not tell me that this stupid AI driving wont ruin the game. For many Iron Front and the ArmA series is a complete single player experience, and in all these years the stupid driving AI havent changed a bit, and its destroying the game. I wont buy another BIS product or another game with the engine and AI before its fixed. Probably NEVER.

Please, do not tell me that this stupid AI driving wont ruin the game. For many Iron Front and the ArmA series is a complete single player experience, and in all these years the stupid driving AI havent changed a bit, and its destroying the game. I wont buy another BIS product or another game with the engine and AI before its fixed. Probably NEVER.

Then don't buy any more productions...

QQ

I could forsee it bringing lots of WoT´ers to Iron Front who are fed up with the medi-core scale and looking for something bigger, yet not for SBPro.

Also it´s quite well balanced, and fun ... and why are you not okay with it? I always thought the strenghts of RV engine was that you could do anything with it you want.

Requesting IF to be more like WoT will significantly alter the gameplay of Iron Front. Then there's the extra stuff like crews, personal depots, skills, modules and so on that would take a while to implement. WoT is fine and it does what it does well which is why I can't see any significant amount of WoT players ditching all that time they sunk into the game to switch to Iron Front which is fundamentally different. If what you want is more random tank missions. Fine. Great, I'm all for that but if you want World of Tanks then go play World of Tanks.