Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

i would like to improve the ai, is there any tips or mods you know of that can help me

Great work on this SAM ! And the idea of gear selection from arma 3 for that mod is awesome. If you need help for texturing or art conception, I've got a couple of camo templates and a huge amount of special forces pictures from the Vietnam war era.

Edited by sethofchaos

Ok guys we are getting close to release , just hope there are people out there that still want to play it since A3 has arrived waaaayyy early.

Can't wait to provide CAS with all those new jets! :D So exciting!

No CAS with F-4 :'(

I know :(

*Cries irl*

But maybe, just maybe, they can hear our sorrow, and Perhaps, do something about it...

/Arclight

25logo.png

FINAL WIP REPORT

This will be the FINAL WIP report... The actual release date will not be disclosed just yet.. but its very soon :)

Unfortunately, we were not able to get everything we wanted to get done since the early arrival of Arma 3 has now shifted a lot of focus on the new engine. Like other mods we are making this release our final for Arma 2.

There are still a few bugs here and there but this is going to be our most stable release to date.

Anyway feast your eyes on Aplions new MIG-21F model in 2 colours which has joined the unsung airwing!!

Silver / Grey Version

arma2oa20133211195248.jpg

arma2oa201332111857674.jpg

Jungle Camo Version

arma2oa201332112052144.jpg

arma2oa201332112040486.jpg

yeah, kind of comic.

but I think it's only in french, as the author is french.

after I read these, I did want to make something like that with Unsung, but as there is no CAS F-4.... :'(

Ok OK guys , I asked Aplion about making a CAS version of the F4's and he agreed. You better kiss his backside and thank him .But first we need your help. We need load out schematics / Photos of Nam Era F4's loaded in CAS configuration.

Post em here :)

Sav

god, I love you and aplion man!

ok, I'll try to find some CAS version for F4

Send the love his way I have nothing to do with it :) he is the man :cool:

Ok OK guys , I asked Aplion about making a CAS version of the F4's and he agreed. You better kiss his backside and thank him .But first we need your help. We need load out schematics / Photos of Nam Era F4's loaded in CAS configuration.

Post em here :)

Sav

THANK YOU SAVAGE AND THANK YOU APLION! (Im posting a video as a tribute for Aplion in the HAFM V2 thread)

I'll get you the photos! But take a look at the video I posted on the previous page because it features many different F4's attacking with Napalm, machinegun and rocket pods.

/ A grateful Arclight

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Photos regarding F4 Phantom CAS

This is a great picture showing that the F4 was able to carry 12 canisters of the deadly flammable gel, Napalm.

d4c-36661.jpg

This picture shows many different types of munition carried by earlier F4 Phantom models.

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/yf4h-1load.jpg (279 kB)

This picture shows an F4-Phantom firing multiple FFAR rockets from the mounted rocketpods. The F4 used to have 1 rocketpod and 3-4 Napalm Canisters on each wing.

larry-burrows-american-f4c-phantom-jet-firing-rockets-into-viet-cong-stronghold-village-during-the-vietnam-war.jpg

I hope this helps! Tell me if theres anything else I can do to be of service.

/Arclight

Well based on that image http://www.fincher.org/Misc/AirForcePhotos/1970-FtSillF4Napalm.jpg ... I have them ready, installed and extremely deadly on F-4 :)

For my model of Napalm BLU-1 bombs I found 2 options ... the one (as in the photo above) without guiding wings and this one (the lower one in the picture) http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_2010_12_09__06_55_01/BLU-1_Render4.jpg4c74cee3-7876-43fd-ba7e-0cd23034d063Larger.jpg ... which I found more "attractive" ... so I've made it like this ... in case, of course, the guys from UNSUNG don't like it that way ... I'll just erase the wings :)

I'm also working to the rocket pod and soon will be also available fitted on F-4 ...

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

Yap! Love the smell of napalm in the morning :pet13:

Wow Aplion, you have no idea how exciting this is. Just the fact that you are making an F4 with multiple Napalm Canisters for CAS is a guarantee that we Will enjoy this release! :D

I know it wont fail, because ive already had plenty of experience from the HAFM F4's!

But im curious as to why you have chosen to make the napalm canisters look like the one in the second link, and not like those in the first link? The canisters shown in the first link is exactly those canisters that was used, so shouldnt you make it so they look like those?

This will be a long post, (sorry), but I also have a question for Savage. Did you guys improve/change the napalm in this release? It must be possible to make it look more realistic with flames and whitephosporus animations! If not, I hope that Bohemia gives us better tools/freedom to create betterlooking explosions and/or napalm in ArmA 3.

/Arclight

Arclight ... take a look at these pics ... http://internationalpnp.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/napalm_bombs.jpg - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-u3Eas6FsEEI/TcrJ6m7_zvI/AAAAAAAAACU/hj5bgkidPDg/s1600/napalm.jpg ... as I said I just found them more "attractive" than this http://edwardiantimes.com/dean/ammo/napalm1.jpg

In any case its a matter of the UNSUNG makers to choose between ... I have no problem about it :)

Did you guys improve/change the napalm in this release? It must be possible to make it look more realistic with flames and whitephosporus animations!

/Arclight

No we don't have anyone that has experience with particle effects. We also removed the "white phos" out of the napalm since if it was dropped too close to the player it would severely lag out. No I'm sorry it is what it currently is.

@Savage

Aw, that's too bad :(. I must admit i like the WP effect, because it looks alot more realistic. But I understand that we have to focus on a stable gameplay!

I do hope that ArmA 3 will allow for some better particle effects so we can create napalmdetonations that looks alot more realistic!

@Aplion

I understand mate :D. Its just that the one that you are interested in, is ALOT bigger than the other ones! The one I "want" is a lot smaller (from the 3rd link you posted), which enables the F4 to carry 12 of them :)

I mean, wouldnt it be awesome to have 12 of those instead of 4 of those from the first link you posted? :)

/Arclight

Arc ... the F-4 will carry probably 8 of them :)

Arc ... the F-4 will carry probably 8 of them :)

That'll be great!

Edited by Itsarclight