Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Have already turned down the transition time absolutely minimum of my acceptance. Current rifle to pistol swap time (full-animation) is 1,10 s (and you are able to fire from around 0,53 s). Therefore the current animation is a compromise between gameplay benefits and visual look (so it isnt just "take the grip and attach rifle to the slot").

Nevertheless if u liked secondary transition option, like for instance in my pvp anim pack, it would also have its limitations to be plausible (so no running with weapon hanging on a sling or very ugly hold of the weapon, should it be left in the off-hand variant animation), plus obviously it consumes a lot of resources and time which can be distributed better.

In the end - I saw a lot in ArmA gameplay over MP and I seriously doubt the majority of complainers would even take advantage of this if it was even faster. I wouldnt :)

Well, I agree that time alone is already around absolutely minimum for the sake of realism, what i was trying to express is the general weirdness of swinging the weapon to the back combine with the shortened reload time making the hold thing look even more weird.

I can't believe the amount of nitpicking on this forum about insignificant shit that has zero effect on gameplay. Some people wouldn't know what a good game is if it hit them in the face.

I can't believe the amount of nitpicking on this forum about insignificant shit that has zero effect on game play. Some people wouldn't know what a good game is if it hit them in the face.

Well, if you are to do something, do it right the first time really reduce a lots of nitpicking and bitching and moaning and headache afterwards. Then again, if you do not have that kind of mindset, then you can just ignore those comments.

Anyways, its the presentation side of things, its about making the professionals that are presenting to be professionals, you can argue all day long that there is zero impact on game play, but sometime, the "look" of things are also important.

Edited by 4 IN 1

I can't believe the amount of nitpicking on this forum about insignificant shit that has zero effect on gameplay. Some people wouldn't know what a good game is if it hit them in the face.

Some people should be developing the game themselves ;)

Some people should be developing the game themselves ;)

And someone should stop using this argument, no one here is holding the developers at gun point to force them to change something, "expressing the point of view" does not equal to "do this and do that"

Makes sense.

Speaking of animations - you gotta do something about that hip shake when sprinting.

But leave it in for the bikini-clad civilian women.

Quoted for truth;)

Using real women to mocap women will be a start.

I'm sure it's possible to find a woman in 12 years in Czech Republic of all places.

Awkward moment when you remember the shaking bikini babe booty is actually Smookies rear end...

546744_363508107037817_116451211743509_1003854_1780544725_n.jpg

Have already turned down the transition time absolutely minimum of my acceptance. Current rifle to pistol swap time (full-animation) is 1,10 s (and you are able to fire from around 0,53 s). Therefore the current animation is a compromise between gameplay benefits and visual look (so it isnt just "take the grip and attach rifle to the slot").

Nevertheless if u liked secondary transition option, like for instance in my pvp anim pack, it would also have its limitations to be plausible (so no running with weapon hanging on a sling or very ugly hold of the weapon, should it be left in the off-hand variant animation), plus obviously it consumes a lot of resources and time which can be distributed better.

In the end - I saw a lot in ArmA gameplay over MP and I seriously doubt the majority of complainers would even take advantage of this if it was even faster. I wouldnt :)

And I got a question about that pistol swap... why'd you have the weapon on a sling in your mod, but still use the weapon on back animation for ArmA3. As it currently looks in game, it's way too fast putting the primary weapon on your back while you take out your pistol. As you did with your mod, you could tackle both the rifle to pistol transition time AND have a more realistic swap by having the rifle on an invisible sling. Because putting the rifle on your back defeats the tactical advantage of switching to your pistol instead of reloading...

bottom line... the "secondary transition option" seems better, looks better, etc. Hopefully someone can mod that in... :p

Guys, in your rush to be tacticool you forgot about one little detail: you cannot crawl with your weapon on sling, you'd fill it with dust and trash it.

That why I prefer to drop it to the side, sure you are still going to drag the weapon along, but we don't have weapon malfunction simulation neither.

Guys, in your rush to be tacticool you forgot about one little detail: you cannot crawl with your weapon on sling, you'd fill it with dust and trash it.

Then you put the rifle on your back as you transition to the prone stance. The rifle on sling idea is only for standing up. The POINT of pulling out your sidearm is that it's faster than reloading when in a close quarters engagement. As it stands, that speed of putting the rifle on back is unrealistically too fast. The drop rifle on sling thing is meant for standing up and walking. Hey, it'd be nice if you only did that while in tactical pace/stance. It has nothing to do with being tacticool. It's a real technique. And, honestly, I would be crawling with my rifle in my hands anyway.

I am not complaining not having jam(in fact, I don't think that is really improtant)

Nevertheless if u liked secondary transition option, like for instance in my pvp anim pack, it would also have its limitations to be plausible (so no running with weapon hanging on a sling or very ugly hold of the weapon, should it be left in the off-hand variant animation)
I believe that this is what I was getting at in discussing both variants of a "panic" transition.

Incidentally, I finally found a video of the "drop and draw" type transition in

(oddly enough, it's also the ONLY one that even shows pistols).
How many of them were within viable pistol range? :) For me it basically comes down to "is it faster than reloading?"

And I got a question about that pistol swap... why'd you have the weapon on a sling in your mod, but still use the weapon on back animation for ArmA3. As it currently looks in game, it's way too fast putting the primary weapon on your back while you take out your pistol. As you did with your mod, you could tackle both the rifle to pistol transition time AND have a more realistic swap by having the rifle on an invisible sling. Because putting the rifle on your back defeats the tactical advantage of switching to your pistol instead of reloading...

We call it "a higher force" in my country :) It would quite complicate the things for newcomers i guess. But if you bitch strong enough about it after Alpha i guess you will change the minds:)

Then you put the rifle on your back as you transition to the prone stance.

But then you'll complain about getting killed because your dude has to swing his rifle to the back before he can hit prone.

This is a recursive complaint process where applying one proposed fix ends up causing a new issue.

But then you'll complain about getting killed because your dude has to swing his rifle to the back before he can hit prone.

This is a recursive complaint process where applying one proposed fix ends up causing a new issue.

So true mate. I can understand people wanting to voice their opinion about high priority features or offering suggestions in the wishes and ideas thread, but it seems some people here have nothing better to do then launch a ceaseless barrage of complaints about low priority shit. I've noticed that the community members who are most heavily involved in the modding scene never complain and always offer suggestions in a positive manner, on the other handa the guys that do most of the complaining don't do jack shit for the community. Funny that.

Some animators do take the time to make transitions better where if you do switch weapons while you go prone it would play both animations at once because of Skeletal Meshes\Physics. There are a lot of game engines that have their character models cut up into pieces when imported. So they can swap heads and stuff and they can also customize animations them selves in the game and rig them better. I am assuming the only body part ArmA has cut off is the head, but I don't know about ArmA III. But I know for sure the style I just mentioned is probably the most common for game engines of today. It also gives the ability to have enhanced gore and dismemberment without having to spawn material.

I actually wouldn't complain... I'd just switch back to my rifle before going prone...

Come to think of it and try it a few times with an airsoft myself, you might not need that; the trick is to reach the ground with your support hand first, and when you reach for the ground, place your hand in between you rifle and your body, lift it slightly outward and forward away from your body, then all the rest is a magpul-ish go prone action, and boom, the rifle is in front of you.

^ Many Travis Haley videos show the above.