purepassion

Is Arma 3 authentic?

It doesn't make it more "authentic" if you just look at pictures and nice teasers/trailers - one has to try A3 before he can truly say "Yes, A3 is authentic!" or "No, this is awesome fail!" Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.... ;)

if it was planned to have a cargo area i dont know but it does have a small one.

A small cargo bay, just like in your car, but not a passenger - btw, funny joke about "three-person passenger compartment". Where did you get this? Another 'authentic' source?

also dont start your shite here again.

You mean - don't point out the huge inaccuracies in 'Arma 3'? No need - there is a many knowledgeable people who do it besides of me.

A small cargo bay, just like in your car, but not a passenger - btw, funny joke about "three-person passenger compartment". Where did you get this? Another 'authentic' source?

You mean - don't point out the huge inaccuracies in 'Arma 3'? No need - there is a many knowledgeable people who do it besides of me.

Arguably, you got the future weapons - omg thread locked. So just stop.

Arguably, you got the future weapons - omg thread locked. So just stop.

Stop WHAT? Keep walking, i repeat.

May I just point out that disobeying moderator orders is direct violation of §2 of the forum rules. I assume you've read them.

You're pathetic guys in you provocations - i didn't disobey any orders, we're talking about Mi-28 and its history. Problems?

Okay, okay, carry on. Just don't say you weren't warned should anything go awry...

Out.

You're pathetic guys in you provocations - i didn't disobey any orders, we're talking about Mi-28 and its history. Problems?

Not to, like, raise an issue here but, you´re the one who persistently ignores any argument, that the authenticity of the simulated equipment does nothing to wether or not the things that will actually define how realistic the game´ll be will actually make it a combat simulation.

You´re essentially arguing aesthetics, not gameplay and game design. And you keep trying to make this look as if its a big point. Nobody who knows about game design cares what the gear looks like: again, a rifle is a rifle, a helicopter is a helicopter. If your preception is so skewed that all it takes for you to decide that a game will suck is a helicopter that doesn´t happen to exist in real life but is clearly based off existing technology, instead of judging the game on the realism of its execution and simulation of modern combat, no one here can help you. We´re not going to convince you, you´re not going to convince us. Instead, you persist in wasting your time, and the time of everybody else on this forum with things we´ve heard -over- and over again.

Nothing you said hasn´t been said before. We know the helicopter doesn´t exist irl, and the layout of the avionics doesn´t make sense and there´s no troop compartement in the real MI-28. Thing is that it completely doesn´t matter. And if you think it does, I´d really like to hear you enlighten me as to how the layout and artistic execution of the models design will affect gameplay and game design so badly that it´ll completely destroy the game forever.

Especially when ArmA's helicopter flight model isn't complex enough to demonstrate any difference between double rotors and traditional layout anyways.

Stop WHAT? Keep walking, i repeat.

Stop being a dick.

Especially when ArmA's helicopter flight model isn't complex enough to demonstrate any difference between double rotors and traditional layout anyways.

TOH's flying model should do it no? which will be in ArmA 3

Its true that the MI 28- havoc have/had a three man crew compartment.

"the Mi-28 Havoc features additional passenger seating in a three-man crew compartment aft of the main cockpit. If anything, this serves moreso as a rescue feature for other down airmen than for the transporting armed combatants into battle. "

http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=156

And here we got a nice pic of the hatch into the compartment

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg210/scaled.php?server=210&filename=mi28hatch.jpg&res=landing

pic showing a close up

http://www.dcs-fan.ru/images/phocagallery/foto/avia/mi28/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_1247323691_image11.jpg

Edited by paecmaker

To get the thread back on track: Pure, you might want to add the OPSCORE FAST Carbon Helmet to the list :)

Added to the list :) As well as the HEMTT and its "special version" :p

edit: oh snap :cry: it seems like my internet connection which is currently slightly above the jungle standart screwed the thread up. that will take some effort to fix....

Not to, like, raise an issue here but, you´re the one who persistently ignores any argument, that the authenticity of the simulated equipment does nothing to wether or not the things that will actually define how realistic the game´ll be will actually make it a combat simulation.

You´re essentially arguing aesthetics, not gameplay and game design. And you keep trying to make this look as if its a big point. Nobody who knows about game design cares what the gear looks like: again, a rifle is a rifle, a helicopter is a helicopter. If your preception is so skewed that all it takes for you to decide that a game will suck is a helicopter that doesn´t happen to exist in real life but is clearly based off existing technology, instead of judging the game on the realism of its execution and simulation of modern combat, no one here can help you. We´re not going to convince you, you´re not going to convince us. Instead, you persist in wasting your time, and the time of everybody else on this forum with things we´ve heard -over- and over again.

Nothing you said hasn´t been said before. We know the helicopter doesn´t exist irl, and the layout of the avionics doesn´t make sense and there´s no troop compartement in the real MI-28. Thing is that it completely doesn´t matter. And if you think it does, I´d really like to hear you enlighten me as to how the layout and artistic execution of the models design will affect gameplay and game design so badly that it´ll completely destroy the game forever.

For what reason all these words were written? Is it a flame bait, or you're the person who wants to continue the discussion from the locked thread? Please, find another opponent or leave me alone with your provocations and insinuations.

One guy provided the wrong information about Mi-28 development history - i just corrected him. Another guy citing incorrect source about "three-person passenger compartment" - i've made the same. That's all.

TOH's flying model should do it no? which will be in ArmA 3

Does TOH include any double rotor craft? I see the TOH flight model as a fun extra for ArmA, not part of the same development cycle. Thus, the Hamok will fly like any other aircraft unless TOH gives us a Hokum in DLC.

I enjoy that almost everyone complaining about the "realism" doesn't seem to get the point that what the weapon/vehicle looks like has nothing to do with how it will perform ingame.

FeoFUN will get banned for breaking the rules, and he'll keep on hating on the Mi-48, without even realising that if they were to replace it with a "proper" Mi-28 or Ka-50/2 model, it would still behave exactly the same ingame.

Does TOH include any double rotor craft? I see the TOH flight model as a fun extra for ArmA, not part of the same development cycle. Thus, the Hamok will fly like any other aircraft unless TOH gives us a Hokum in DLC.

It can support them, normal helis, coaxials and twin rotors blades are supported.

FeoFUN will get banned for breaking the rules, and he'll keep on hating on the Mi-48, without even realising that if they were to replace it with a "proper" Mi-28 or Ka-50/2 model, it would still behave exactly the same ingame.

bout time someone else said that to him :p

Its true that the MI 28- havoc have/had a three man crew compartment.

All these sources are repeating the same myth, for some reason - i have seen and examined this bay on my own, at the MAKS-2001 airshow: there was only 1 dirty robe and 2 bottles of lemonade stored in. :) It's pretty small, BTW - ~1.5-2m3 and main purpose of it is to store the supplies or some equipment. And no way it can serve as compartment for three persons.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Stop being a dick.

Get off, you troll.

Edited by FeoFUN

anyone care about replying to him anymore?

I´m ignoring him already, there is no point in discussing with someone who doesn´t even reply to your questions.