Sign in to follow this  
ravendk

New custom made vehicle

can we see a screenshot without the wall in the way please smile.gif

it kinda limits our excitement smile.gif

and id really like to see what the whole vehicle looks like,

keep up the good work

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Im making new ICON (ofcourse) and i may perhaps allso a little thing for the engien smile.gif

Enjoy all!

Frandsen (Raven)

3 Kings anyone? biggrin.gif

Wow I am looking forward to play with that toy!

LOL @ the teaser shots

well its pretty much done only a frew more things to do.. icon and sound tahts all i need to get done biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RavenDK @ June 14 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well its pretty much done only a frew more things to do.. icon and sound tahts all i need to  get done  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i hope we get it by tommorow or by tonight biggrin.gif

btw im a TOW beta tester...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RavenDK @ June 14 2002,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well its pretty much done only a frew more things to do.. icon and sound tahts all i need to  get done  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sticking a M2 instead of a MG-42 on the turret would be nice (I don't think anyone still uses the MG-42).

Of coarse the MK19 would be even better, but I understand that there is some problem with sticking a grenade launching weapon onto vehicles that Kegetys ran into when he tried mounting the AGS-17 on a modded UAZ jeep. sad.gif

At any rate if this mod is trying to look like the "Nija buggy" used by Navy Seals and USMC Recon units the front would need to be changed to look more dune buggy'ish. Also desert color textures would be better considering that they are primarily used in desert enviornments.

However if this is some kind of European FAV then I'm clueless as to what they look like or what kind of weapons they mount.

Anyways, the mod looks very good so far from the teasers. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Based on Frandsens/RavenDK's other work I would say the vehicle is trying to look/emulate the reconnaissance vehicles of the danish army. The reason the MG42 is used is that it is still in use in the later 7.62 version MG3 (or LMG/62 as it is known in denmark). One little detail is that the LMG (to my knowledge) should be lying on the front of the vehicle, with the gunner sitting in the passenger seat. I guess there is some kind of technical problem preventing that.

WOW!, i cant wait, bout when will you release it, and well done, for keeping it secret till very near release

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ June 14 2002,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One little detail is that the LMG (to my knowledge) should be lying on the front of the vehicle, with the gunner sitting in the passenger seat. I guess there is some kind of technical problem preventing that.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, that can be done quite easily but it would look a little stupid perhaps sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ June 14 2002,18<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Based on Frandsens/RavenDK's other work I would say the vehicle is trying to look/emulate the reconnaissance vehicles of the danish army. The reason the MG42 is used is that it is still in use in the later 7.62 version MG3 (or LMG/62 as it is known in denmark). One little detail is that the LMG (to my knowledge) should be lying on the front of the vehicle, with the gunner sitting in the passenger seat. I guess there is some kind of technical problem preventing that.<span id='postcolor'>

Well i was a driver on a danish reconnaissance mercedes GD. And yes we used the MG3 and yes it was lying on the front with the butt pressed against the gunners shoulder, though there are also made a kinda fork device that it can be put in but really isnt being used because as a recon guy you need to be able to leave the vehicle fast. Gunners job when driving was getting alot of bullets in the direction of the enemy to get their heads down while the driver finds cover. Car isnt made for fighting. So the thing RavenDK have made would never be asociated with a recon car because it would be to slow to get out of and it has a way too high profile (which is one of the reason that you have the MG in front and not installed on the crashbar). But would think that it could be used for somekind of attack vehicle.

Danish Scout vehicle Mercedes GD

tjm-bosnia-02.jpg

EDIT

Just found a better picture but with older M75 (G3A3) personal weapon, and with old iron helmets on. Today they use M95 & M96 (diemaco C7 & C8 with Elcan sight)

merc240gd24recon.jpg

So RavenDK... the vehicle in question is both capable of attacking, and in addition is fast? Hmm... I have my doubts tounge.gif

J/k. It looks awesome so far, keep up the good work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ June 15 2002,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">frandsen has already made the Mercedes GD its on www.operation-flashpoint.dk i think<span id='postcolor'>

He made something he called a mercedes GD but doesnt look like it at all

The FAV will be released later to day ill keep you posted