Sign in to follow this  
magnus28

aircraft weapon config?

Hi. I am doing some editing on a model that i'm working on and I want a base comparison to arma 2 aircraft weapon config.

-namely damage, ammo type, explosive damage, etc.

I looked in the AIR_e.pbo as well as the Weapon_e.pbo but I couldn't find anything relating to weapon damage, rate of fire, etc.

I understand sometimes the weapon damage is in the ammo, i.e (B_30mmA10_AP), but I can't find config for this either.

basically i'm looking for a compromise between GAU-8 and GAU-12, but more of a HE round.

thanks!

have a look at this

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/classlist?utf8=%E2%9C%93&version=58&commit=Change&options%5Bgroup_by%5D=weap_type&options%5Bcustom_type%5D=&options%5Bfaction%5D=

down at the bottom you'll find vehicle weapons

to break it down to answer your question

when making a weapon you need to make a magazine for it, so lets say My_machinegun uses the My_magazine. inside the my magazine class you would add the name of my_bullet

my_bullet would be where you find the damage etc

hopefully im clear enough, if not, look at the link and find the gau-8, then its magazine then the round in the magazine code, and youll find what you need

nice link, but that's not what i'm looking for.

I already know the ammo class names, I'm looking for where in Arma 2OA directory can I find the file that has the config.bin or the config.hpp with the weapon and ammo configs.

for example:

250Rnd_30mmHE_2A72 (an ammo type i'm interested in)

where is this located? in what file?

-name of the file

-directory that file exists in.

I can't answer your question, but I use the config explorer module by HeliJunkie to find config values.

Just open the editor, create a man player object, place the module down and preview. Open via the action menu for a wealth of config data. No searching of files, extracting etc.

Maybe you can find the values you are searching for in here?

That said the info you are looking for would also be in the Six Config Browser link given above too.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11827&highlight=CFGEXPLORER

Hope this helps

Blake.

Edited by blakeace

nice link, but that's not what i'm looking for.

You should find what you're looking for on there. All config values are on that website, and that should give you the ammo, magazine, and weapon settings for every vehicle weapon (and all others) in the game and in ACE as well.

Edited by Max Power

yes it gives the values,

but what i'm looking for is the

location of the config file.

values don't mean anything if you can't find the file to edit them!

yes it gives the values,

Never ever in the name of the almighty ArmA god edit any of the original files. If you want to change anything of the BIS stuff, make a replacement config which alters the desired values to your likings.

That said, it is irrelevant where the config file is located as long you know the values and classnames. From there, it is the same process as making a addon.

So in fact, all you need are the config values and the last thing is the location of the config file itself.

yes it gives the values,

The location of the config files are immaterial. You can convert them by creating a mod like Myke says. If you alter the original game files you're only looking for trouble, and likely that would alter your ability to play on multiplayer servers.

not intending on altering and files.

just want to locate them so I can copy/ and modify the configs for one of my models i've been working on.. Trust me, I would never alter an orignial arma 2 file!

not intending on altering and files.

just want to locate them so I can copy/ and modify the configs for one of my models i've been working on.. Trust me, I would never alter an orignial arma 2 file!

Both the config browser and the config explorer options will also do that for you too. On the browser page there is a link called "config" to the right of each item in the config view column click on that.

A taste of what you will find there:

class B_30mmA10_AP: BulletBase {

access = 3;

ace_caliber = 30;

ace_heat = 0;

ace_hit = 69;

ace_hit_distance = 1000;

ace_incendiary = 0.5;

ace_mass = 30;

ace_penetrationmultiplier = 1.2;

ace_smokemultiplier = 5;

ace_sys_camshake_coef = 0.5;

ace_tandemheat = 0;

ace_topattack = 0;

ace_windcoef = 0.4;

airfriction = "-9.9e-005";

airlock = 1;

The config explorer has a button to copy the config to the clipboard if you choose that option.

I have the 390,000 line ALL-IN-ONE config from Dev Heaven always loaded as the first tab of my Notepad++ editor, for searches/references at all times.

Gnat;2120536']I have the 390' date='000 line ALL-IN-ONE config from Dev Heaven always loaded as the first tab of my Notepad++ editor, for searches/references at all times.[/quote']

Same here.

It should be made available as a big fat red link on top of the forums :)