Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Max island size is not 12.8 km x 12.8km

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Karppa @ June 17 2002,08:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the original islands are 256x256 and 1024x1024 is supported, then could it be possible to wrap all the 4 original islands into a 1 big map with 4 islands? The quality would be great, and it wouldn't be a big job(?).<span id='postcolor'>

That would be a great idea. Atleast put Everon and Malden close to each other.

Flying from one island to the other or drive a boat if you got the time biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ June 17 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That would be a great idea. Atleast put Everon and Malden close to each other.

Flying from one island to the other or drive a boat if you got the time biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Make CTF a whole lot bigger!

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Karppa @ June 17 2002,09:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the original islands are 256x256 and 1024x1024 is supported, then could it be possible to wrap all the 4 original islands into a 1 big map with 4 islands? The quality would be great, and it wouldn't be a big job(?).<span id='postcolor'>

Well, does anybody know is it possible? At least some island modifications have been made, so why not a modification like this? Well, i hope that someone capable doing it would try.

wow.gif Having all the islands together would be awesome!!

Suma, if you are still reading this thread, could you tell us what the LandGrid setting in the MP Test config.bin does? It seems to default to 50, which happens to be the distance between each land elevation point... I tried changing it but it didnt do anything, so is it something else or is it not yet implemented in the MP Test?

If it could be used to change the terrain detail, it could be used to make islands with more detail... Think about 1024x1024 sized elevation map with 12 meter LandGrid...

I take my last statement back Kegetys,

OFPInternals were able to change the coordinate system of the maps but were unable just as you were to change the resolution by the landgrid value. Course I would have to wonder how it would effect the current textures, etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ June 14 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">200 * 200 km islands are also possible!<span id='postcolor'>

ummmm, 200x200 would take u a lifetime to texture, it take what, 3 months to make a good 12km x12km map?, given that the time to make such a map will take approximately hmmm....click, click....type...type.....70 years!!!!! (u can't make 1 this size by yourself....)

Guest Scooby

Wow

Looks nice.

Would it be possible to do area, alot smaller than current OFP maps, with higher detail?

Guest Scooby

How much do different increases in landscape detail slow OFP?

Excellent news and pics. This means no more resampling of DEMs - straight importation from 30m, 10m, 90m, etc.

Terrain becomes more realistic looking.

With conversion of coordinate system we may be looking at "real" maps with "real" gps coordinates.

"Who needs VBS when we can make our own?" tounge.gif

To 'Scooby':

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How much do different increases in landscape detail slow OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

Much on my PC (P3 550MHz, 256MB RAM) sad.gif

To 'm16a2m203':

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Who needs VBS when we can make our own?"<span id='postcolor'>

I DON'T agree with you...

The most important things are inside EXE & BIStudio is improving the engine very intensely...

a-lone-wolf

Can you tell us how you did it?confused.gif

I am asking as I have some terrain that doesnt look great with 50m res but will look alot better at 12.5m res

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To 'm16a2m203':

"Who needs VBS when we can make our own?"

I DON'T agree with you...

The most important things are inside EXE & BIStudio is improving the engine very intensely...<span id='postcolor'>

My attempt of just a little sarcasm. smile.gif

CBFASI has a good question there.

How can I test this on my own?

To 'KTottE' & 'CBFASI':

Don't know details, when 'Visitor' is going to be released or 'WRPedit' improved...

You posted those pictures where you had changed landGrid to 12.5. How did you change that?