Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's PINS (Pseudo Inertial Navigation System) and Bombing

One more ? from me.

When using the rover terminal. If i place the notebook on a table its almost impossible to get the action menu up ?

Is it someway of fixing this or does the notebook have to be on ground ( also tried on floor inside a building, but then i get same result, no menu).

Sjaba...

No idea sorry, the menu is just a standard action menu on the laptop object. I know I have lost it under a floor of a building when the laptop appeared below floor level on the ground.

Updated 1.03.03

Just a small update to fix the menu items not appearing if the player started the game not in the plane.

A big thank you to Sjaba for his very detailed report on the issues.

I'm very sorry it has taken this long to start addressing this, real life unfortunately hasn't given me must time to sort things like this out.

At this stage I haven't been able to replicate the "When guns selected a big green square filled the hud totaly blocking the line of sight " you reported Sjaba, so I have no idea what is occurring there.

Update available on the first page.

HeY BA! I was actually just about to find this post to report some more findings. Its seems for some reason when this is added to the game mode insurgency that the LASE portion wont work at all. From what I can see it seems to break CBA when in the Insurgency mode. This is also the first time I tested in on a dedicated server. Have you had any probs with it just running on a dedi with no other mods? Unfortunatly the only server I have access to has ACE running on it. So its hard to get a good baseline test. And I also have one question. Is it possible to make the PINS mod script side? So as not to create dependencies?

HeY BA! I was actually just about to find this post to report some more findings. Its seems for some reason when this is added to the game mode insurgency that the LASE portion wont work at all. From what I can see it seems to break CBA when in the Insurgency mode. This is also the first time I tested in on a dedicated server. Have you had any probs with it just running on a dedi with no other mods? Unfortunatly the only server I have access to has ACE running on it. So its hard to get a good baseline test. And I also have one question. Is it possible to make the PINS mod script side? So as not to create dependencies?

Hi Jumpartist

I am assuming your LASE issue is for the version prior to the one I just uploaded? If so one of the issues was the lasing. Some items including lasing seemed to not work with changing around how the menus were implemented.

I have two test servers setup, one is vanilla plus my addons only, the other is an ACE version with my addons only. I generally develop and test on the vanilla server, and once I am at a testing stage I will give the addon a run on the ACE one.

This last version I tested only on the ACE test server as I haven't had much time, and the lasing operated as it should during that brief testing at least.

A script version isn't really viable as this is quite complex and always under development and testing etc. I don't have the time for the one version let alone maintaining and fixing a scripted version. The addon version also gives a better setup for fixing bugs and implementing updates.

I've also got updates for both my carrier ops and mirrors but haven't found the time to even update the documentation yet so I can upload them :(

Cheers Blake

Thx for the update Blake Your addons are now a "must have" in our missions :)

Thx for the update Blake Your addons are now a "must have" in our missions :)

I'm glad you like them :) and thanks again for the really detailed bug report, it made my part a lot easier, just sorry it took me so long to get an update out.

Hi Jumpartist

I am assuming your LASE issue is for the version prior to the one I just uploaded? If so one of the issues was the lasing. Some items including lasing seemed to not work with changing around how the menus were implemented.

I have two test servers setup, one is vanilla plus my addons only, the other is an ACE version with my addons only. I generally develop and test on the vanilla server, and once I am at a testing stage I will give the addon a run on the ACE one.

This last version I tested only on the ACE test server as I haven't had much time, and the lasing operated as it should during that brief testing at least.

A script version isn't really viable as this is quite complex and always under development and testing etc. I don't have the time for the one version let alone maintaining and fixing a scripted version. The addon version also gives a better setup for fixing bugs and implementing updates.

I've also got updates for both my carrier ops and mirrors but haven't found the time to even update the documentation yet so I can upload them :(

Cheers Blake

Yes the version I was testing was the one just previous to your last release. Its seems to have been fixed, but Im having a bigger issue when on a dedicated server. And have mulitple aircraft using pins. Its seems to lose its ability to use the B key to toggle the camera, and as well sometimes loses the abilty to switch to thermals. Im guessign its something to do with server lag. But I have no real idea. other than it doenst do that in Single player. I'm really pushing this to be integrated in our community, but some of the problems I mentioned are keeping it out for now. I fully understand your time limitations and am happy to see this project get updated on your time table. its really the only thing out there that even remotley captures how a real tgt pod handle operates. Im VERy surprised none has stepped in to team up with you. (Well someone with addon know how). Cheers !!!!

Yes the version I was testing was the one just previous to your last release. Its seems to have been fixed, but Im having a bigger issue when on a dedicated server. And have mulitple aircraft using pins. Its seems to lose its ability to use the B key to toggle the camera, and as well sometimes loses the abilty to switch to thermals. Im guessign its something to do with server lag. But I have no real idea. other than it doesn't do that in Single player. I'm really pushing this to be integrated in our community, but some of the problems I mentioned are keeping it out for now. I fully understand your time limitations and am happy to see this project get updated on your time table. its really the only thing out there that even remotley captures how a real tgt pod handle operates. Im VERy surprised none has stepped in to team up with you. (Well someone with addon know how). Cheers !!!!

Cheers, I appreciate the kind words. The only thing I can think of is converting the code to use an eventhandler for evaluating the key presses, I was using the inputaction command but I think this sometimes isn't returning valid results? The reason I used it was to easily allow joystick button functionality. I have just started playing around with the key eventhandler, in the above mentioned yet to be updated addons, that said I haven't stress tested them on a server, just my usual limited test server with one player.

Unfortunately I wish I could a quick update, but real life is being very very demanding at moment.

but Im having a bigger issue when on a dedicated server. And have mulitple aircraft using pins. Its seems to lose its ability to use the B key to toggle the camera, and as well sometimes loses the abilty to switch to thermals.

I have started to notice this to now. I have not been flying and using the camera the recent months as i was "grounded" on infantery duty for a while :)

So im not sure if this have been the case for the last month or two.

Situation: Camera function works at first and then the function to switch on and off the camera seems to be lost..just to work again say, 5- 10 min later.

At this point i have not been able to replicate the situation to the point where i can point at a cause.

When the camera is working i have had no issues with swithcing termals/ir etc, but i have to very "firmly" press and hold the switch key for a 1 sek or so to activate.

Just a note: i have only tested this using the Warthog thrustmaster joystick and throttle system. so not sure if this is the case using normal keys.

However the issue is quite critical since one can not rely on using the camera for recon for our ground troops, as well as making standalone GBU drops with fixed wing aircrafts which we do in our games..so i really hope the issue is "fixable"

Please let me know if you need a "tester" Blackace, im more then happy to help, because i love this addon :)

I remember using PINs and I could use the camera mode in any plane in any server, I downloaded the latest patch and now I am unable to use the camera, I read the readme file and now I have to activate it, why this change?

I have started to notice this to now. I have not been flying and using the camera the recent months as i was "grounded" on infantery duty for a while :)

So im not sure if this have been the case for the last month or two.

Situation: Camera function works at first and then the function to switch on and off the camera seems to be lost..just to work again say, 5- 10 min later.

At this point i have not been able to replicate the situation to the point where i can point at a cause.

When the camera is working i have had no issues with swithcing termals/ir etc, but i have to very "firmly" press and hold the switch key for a 1 sek or so to activate.

Just a note: i have only tested this using the Warthog thrustmaster joystick and throttle system. so not sure if this is the case using normal keys.

However the issue is quite critical since one can not rely on using the camera for recon for our ground troops, as well as making standalone GBU drops with fixed wing aircrafts which we do in our games..so i really hope the issue is "fixable"

Please let me know if you need a "tester" Blackace, im more then happy to help, because i love this addon :)

I cannot tell you why it occurs, but it is an issue using the inputaction command. It seems to be more prevelant when a server is under load but I am not an expert with these things. I have started change things and use my over key press eventhandlers for the likes of carrier ops and the mirror mods (both not released yet) because it seems a lot more reliable.

The reason I liked the inputaction command originally was it allowed a quick and easy way to have both a keyboard and joystick button functionality. I have started to change things because of the above issue.

Unfortunately I have recently started a new job and I am literally working 10 - 13 hour days 7 days a week trying to get myself up to speed with this new career. So my arma hobby has reluctantly been placed on hold.

I really don't think I'll be able to do much before Arma 3 is out by the looks of things, so hopefully they have all this already in game by then :)

If not I imagine it would be pretty much a rewrite working with pip etc possibly drawing from some of my TOH code.

I'm glad you have enjoyed it and sorry I can't do much with it at the moment unfortunately. If I do get more time to play with things I'll definately take you up on helping to test thanks!

I remember using PINs and I could use the camera mode in any plane in any server, I downloaded the latest patch and now I am unable to use the camera, I read the readme file and now I have to activate it, why this change?

Setting of the camera position has always been part of how the camera function worked. If you didn't set a value then the camera should not be accessible. I have always checked this by seeing if the object variable is nil or not.

So I am surprised that you could always access it in the past. I even just checked an old archived file last modified 6/10/11 and the exact same check is there. So no idea what was going on there sorry?

_presetm = _car1 getvariable "FLIRloc";
if (!(isNil ("_presetm"))) then
{ 
	_mpos = _presetm;

Is it ready to use for Arma 3, because it seams that not all functions are working. ETC Bomb droping computer.

Necroposting after a year to ask in a ArmA 2 mod thread if it is ready for ArmA 3? Awesome. Closing thread, thread owner knows where the key is if he needs it.